Start by marking “Reflections of a Wandering Mind” as Want to Read:
Reflections of a Wandering Mind

Reflections of a Wandering Mind

2.5 of 5 stars 2.50  ·  rating details  ·  6 ratings  ·  6 reviews
As a young adult growing up in a quickly changing world, this is a book about self discovery through the outlet of poetry. Everyone has doubts, fears, and realizations on life while trying to find themselves. Friendships gained or lost, ideals molded by society, and a journey from young adult to twenty-something. This is a recount of that journey from the highs to lows alo ...more
ebook
Published September 1st 2012 by FriesenPress

To ask other readers questions about Reflections of a Wandering Mind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reflections of a Wandering Mind

Ellis
I received a copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

I knew reading a poetry collection would a huge risk. I also know this might not be the author's fault, but this copy was horribly formatted. It didn't make my reading experience any easier. These are wanderings, all right. There is no conceptualisation and, in my opinion, not much poetry. This reads as a strange experiment in improvisation. Every once in a while there's a line I related to, but the overall thing was just a me
Hilary
I was provided a free copy of this book by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

First let me say that I find it quite challenging to review this book of poetry objectively because in my career as a social worker working with teens, I have often encouraged them to express themselves and their life story in any way they can, including poetry. This expression of how they view life and their experiences is theirs alone, although others may find common ground, and to judge it I personally belie
Maryam
I don’t like giving negative reviews. It pains me to write bad things about a book that the author has most probably worked so hard over and nurtured it to publications. But sometimes there’s no choice but to say that you just didn’t like it. I usually try to put myself in the authors writing shoes before I pen down my verdict. I try to write criticism in the most softest way, because if someone spoke harshly about my writings, I would probably not take it well.

*sigh* Here goes.

I requested this
Avigail

Reflections of A Wandering Mind is like reading some of the reflections I've had while growing up.

Masks reminded me of how my daughter perceive life. And Basement Tracks made me reflect that maybe, that is how my daughter might be feeling when she's going to parties and with friends, moments of freedom from everything, in spite of the consequences afterwards. 1,000 Moments in 1 Second made me mark the "what if's of grief".

When things and people in general does not comprehend you, you turn to t
Trudy
I received this book on NetGalley from the publisher, Smith Publicity.

My thoughts while reading Reflections of a Wandering Mind: "Wow, that was deep." "Oh my goodness, that's true." "I cannot believe how much I'm loving this."

This book was very, very good and interesting. I enjoyed it so much and wish I could read it again. I found myself quoting my favorite poems to everyone I know and wrote one out for my friend because it effected me so much.

For my first poetry book I was very impressed!
Stephanie Morrow
This book was formatted HORRIBLY for the kindle which was the format that it was sent to me. It was really hard to look beyond that because for poetry how it's represented on the page is very important.

That being said, some of the poems were wonderful. They resonated with me and growing up, thoughts and ideas that I had at one time. I just really wish it had of been presented better. It would have made all the difference.