Start by marking “Precious Cargo” as Want to Read:
Precious Cargo

Precious Cargo

3.38 of 5 stars 3.38  ·  rating details  ·  81 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Published January 1st 2012 by Covenant Communications

To ask other readers questions about Precious Cargo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Precious Cargo

Kathryn
I loved that this book used the same characters, Monty( the policeman from Manilla who is determined to find and arrest the man responsible for killing his wife and child. He helped rescued the two Americans from their kidnapping) and Julia Wentworth, an American widow, who works for a foundation in the US that helps the Philippine people make a better life by loaning them money to start a business. She was one of the woman kidnapped while trying to locate her boss' daughter after her disappeara ...more
Lisa
I had a hard time caring about any of the main characters in this book. It was an interesting story line but I got pretty bored in the telling of the story. I was glad no lasting harm came to the children in this book. Makes me sick to think about what happens to kids in situations like theirs in real life.
Katie
I didn't like this book. It might have been because I didn't read the first book...? I thought the writing wasn't exciting. Also everything seemed to "magically" work out so easily. I was bored through most of the book and the "love story" is nonexistant until the end of the book. Bleh.
Norah Baron
An okay book. Not one I'd keep and read again. Maybe because there was a first book and I didn't read that book? The characters didn't endear me to them. The storyline was pretty predictable. Over all a so so book.
The thought of kidnapped children is disturbing (especially how prevalent it really is in some countries!) I liked the story line, but my favorite person was probably the cab driver they hired to help them out.
Kandi
Library book! Great addition to Mathews books, i enjoyed this one as much as i did the first one. Kept me memorized til the end. Lots of action, a little romance,and a new teaching that i learned.
Courtney
It was a good book all in all. But it kind of just ended.... sort of like the author didn't have anything else to say. So the end wasn't all that great, but the book was okay.
Megan
I would give this 2 1/2 stars. Although this book was quite enjoyable, it was very predictable. It seemed to move more slowly for me.
Kristen
I think Mathews has finally hit her stride as a writer with this one. Still, human trafficking and selling children? Hard time reading it.
Vicki
I sure hope the next book in this series is coming out soon, because I want to read more about Julia and Monty. Great book, wonderful read!
Hollie Robb
This on is another one that I didn't finish. It was the some thing over and over. I got bored fast, and then gave up on reading the book.
Marie Engberg
This was a book I could not put down. My heart went out to the children and I had to see what was going to happen.
Angie
Oct 29, 2012 Angie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: adult, lds
sequel to the assignment. liked it.
Debbie Owens
Debbie Owens marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Shelli N
Shelli N marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Tarynia
Tarynia marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Audrey
Audrey added it
Jun 06, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Jonelle Tiffany Boulter
Jonelle Tiffany Boulter marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Assignment Escape To Zion Safe Haven The Light Above: A Novel of Faith and Determination Run for Your Life