Start by marking “Precious Cargo” as Want to Read:
Precious Cargo

Precious Cargo

Published January 1st 2012 by Covenant Communications

To ask other readers questions about Precious Cargo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Precious Cargo

Kathryn
May 30, 2012 Kathryn rated it really liked it
I loved that this book used the same characters, Monty( the policeman from Manilla who is determined to find and arrest the man responsible for killing his wife and child. He helped rescued the two Americans from their kidnapping) and Julia Wentworth, an American widow, who works for a foundation in the US that helps the Philippine people make a better life by loaning them money to start a business. She was one of the woman kidnapped while trying to locate her boss' daughter after her disappeara ...more
Susan Brandley
Jul 18, 2016 Susan Brandley rated it it was amazing
This book was really good. I just wish someone had told me it was the second book in a series.
Linda Lou
Apr 11, 2016 Linda Lou rated it really liked it
Enter the world of Indonesian Corruption.
Lisa
Oct 25, 2013 Lisa rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction, lds-author
I had a hard time caring about any of the main characters in this book. It was an interesting story line but I got pretty bored in the telling of the story. I was glad no lasting harm came to the children in this book. Makes me sick to think about what happens to kids in situations like theirs in real life.
Katie
Jun 28, 2012 Katie rated it it was ok
I didn't like this book. It might have been because I didn't read the first book...? I thought the writing wasn't exciting. Also everything seemed to "magically" work out so easily. I was bored through most of the book and the "love story" is nonexistant until the end of the book. Bleh.
Norah Baron
Feb 15, 2014 Norah Baron rated it liked it
An okay book. Not one I'd keep and read again. Maybe because there was a first book and I didn't read that book? The characters didn't endear me to them. The storyline was pretty predictable. Over all a so so book.
Apr 06, 2012 Laura rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery
The thought of kidnapped children is disturbing (especially how prevalent it really is in some countries!) I liked the story line, but my favorite person was probably the cab driver they hired to help them out.
Kandi
Sep 13, 2012 Kandi rated it it was amazing
Library book! Great addition to Mathews books, i enjoyed this one as much as i did the first one. Kept me memorized til the end. Lots of action, a little romance,and a new teaching that i learned.
Courtney
Jun 13, 2012 Courtney rated it liked it
It was a good book all in all. But it kind of just ended.... sort of like the author didn't have anything else to say. So the end wasn't all that great, but the book was okay.
Megan
Jul 04, 2012 Megan rated it it was ok
I would give this 2 1/2 stars. Although this book was quite enjoyable, it was very predictable. It seemed to move more slowly for me.
Kristen
May 31, 2012 Kristen rated it liked it
I think Mathews has finally hit her stride as a writer with this one. Still, human trafficking and selling children? Hard time reading it.
Vicki
Feb 21, 2013 Vicki rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lds-fiction
I sure hope the next book in this series is coming out soon, because I want to read more about Julia and Monty. Great book, wonderful read!
Hollie Robb
Jun 29, 2012 Hollie Robb rated it did not like it
Shelves: fiction
This on is another one that I didn't finish. It was the some thing over and over. I got bored fast, and then gave up on reading the book.
Marie Engberg
Jun 21, 2012 Marie Engberg rated it it was amazing
This was a book I could not put down. My heart went out to the children and I had to see what was going to happen.
Angie
Oct 29, 2012 Angie rated it really liked it
Shelves: lds, adult
sequel to the assignment. liked it.
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
Cassidy
Cassidy rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2016
Mallory Moore
Mallory Moore rated it it was ok
May 22, 2016
Deb Russell
Deb Russell marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Claudette
Claudette marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2016
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2016
Hailey
Hailey rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2016
Jana
Jana rated it liked it
Feb 19, 2016
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Kale Snyder
Kale Snyder rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2016
Deanne
Deanne added it
Jan 02, 2016
Cherise
Cherise rated it really liked it
Nov 19, 2015