Fortune

Fortune

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  709 ratings  ·  36 reviews
A mother's ultimate sacrifice... A brother's dark obsession... And one woman's desperate fight for survival...

Something dark and dangerous had long shadowed Skye Dearborn's life. She had seen the fear of it in her mother's eyes. It was there, locked in her memories of blood spilling across a gleaming floor. In the sound of her own screams. And in the terror she'd felt the...more
Published September 1st 2012 by Mira Books (first published March 1st 1997)

Julie
Fortune by Erica Spindler was originally published in 1997 by MIRA.
Well, this was one wild ride. Fortune was a really different take on the romantic suspense novel.
Madeleine/Claire leaves her wealthy husband and his strange family and takes her young daughter Grace/ Skye with her.
They must go into hiding , so they travel a lot and end up working in a traveling carnival .
Chance lost his parents and is taken in by his Amish uncle . But, that is not the life for him. When a traveling carnival pull...more
Louise
"Something dark and dangerous had long shadowed Skye Dearborn's life. She had seen the fear of it in her mother's eyes. It was there, locked in her memories of blood spilling across a gleaming floor. In the sound of her own screams. And in the terror she'd felt the night her mother disappeared.

Then fortune smiled on Skye. With help she was able to put the horror behind her and look to the future.

But now that same fortune is leading her into the arms of danger-and back into the nightmare of her p...more
Gen
This was such an amazing read! It's been ages since I've read a book that had this brand of edge-of-your-seat, nail-biting thriller and suspense that I devoured it in one day -- finishing in the wee hours of the morning just because I couldn't stand not knowing how it would end.

This is the second book of Erica Spindler's that I've read (the first one being "Red"). I liked "Red" but I am completely enamored with "Fortune". I love how Spindler was able to weave together various themes into one co...more
Kathy Vander Linde
I absolutely loved this book, could not put it down! Yes some of it was a little bit hard to believe but the suspense and romance more than made up for that. Looking for more by this author!
Jenny Delandro
Thus author is new to me..
This is a contemporary romance mystery..

a girl grows up thinking everyone she has ever loved has abandoned her..
2 obsessive old men seek a creative genius for their business...
a young man driven by ambition to succeed..
and a sociopath who is willing to kill anyone who takes up her time..

Gracefully, these storylines are woven with skill, into a novel of family intrigue and jewelry that held my interest and made me hold my breath at the very end..

you are going to be thin...more
Tez
Daelith
Ayoola Stephen Efunkoya
Family saga. Sibling rivalry. Hard work. Love. Erica packed those and lots more into a novel that promises to keep you alert and interested from the beginning to the end. And if you're like me, you'll definitely be asking for more.
Pooja Jeevagan
The first I've read from the author...and from her bio, she appeared to be more of a mystery, a thriller writer...though, this book doesn't bring that mystery element out...

Its fast paced, or on second thought, it really isn't fast paced...first 150 odd pages, you won't really find things happening...n then again they might get repeatable...but for me it was a page turner, a book u would continue reading...even when you could predict the end..you knew the end...

After all, it was never the myster...more
Renee
I have read many of Erica Spindler books but this was far superior from the rest. It kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time.
Kristin
Spindler as always captures you from the first chapter. Evil brother was demented.
Kristine
this was unbelievably thrilling! two thumbs up Ms. Spindler!

Gemma
Nice quick beach read! Sucked me right in…
Bookwurms
After I read "Justice for Sara" I was so impressed with Ms Spindler's writing that I wanted more! I wasn't disappointed with this one either! Another very well written novel filled with a great almost macabre storyline. At times very dark but always with ongoing direction towards the end when things become extremely strange and interesting! A true thriller in every sense of the word!
Pat
I enjoyed this book, really. The story was a little different - very much about obsession and the lengths some people can go to. Full of suspense even though you knew who the bad guy was.
I only marked it down because of the portrayal of the main character, Skye, as so feeble at times and unable to see what the rest of us would have known straight away.
Brooke
I've enjoyed bouncing back & forth between Spindler's newer "crime" novels & her older suspense novels. In the older novels she doesn't keep the secret of who is the bad guy so they really aren't that suspenseful, but they are still entertaining stories, Fortune being no exception. Easy & fun read!
Brenda
Wow!!!! This book kept me on my toes and so very interested. I couldn't turn the pages fast enough. There were parts that truly bothered me. I'd never read anything that touched on the subject. So, it was a bit hairy for me. The other parts more than made up for it.
Kate
Ok, I'm done with Erica Spindler. My first book of hers was Bone Cold and I thought it was so good and suspenseful. But I haven't been thrilled with the others. Time to move on. It did keep my interest, but too far-fetched and predictable.
Kristi
I love Erica Spindler's books and this one was definitely up to her standards. I enjoyed the characters, the plot, the suspense, the craziness, and the pace of the book. Would highly recommend.
Marina Andreou
GREAT BOOK!!!Really was so good that if pass 7 years that i was read it..i remember it and i love so much the story.Mystery,love,passion,fear and many more in this AMAZING BOOK!!!
Brittany
This is still one of favourite books to date! I've read it at least 8 times already! Great plot, very interesting ending. This is a must read for Erica Spindler fans!
Faun
I really liked this book!! It was hard to put down, although I could have done without the language. Other wise I would totally recommend this book :)
Becca
Friends don't judge me, but I have read this three times, I believe. It's one of my favorites even if it is a bit too V.C. Andrewsesque.
Michelle CliftonZell
Really good book. Not your normal detective, spy, murder, lawyers etc type novel. Different plot that was pretty unusual. Liked it!
Muhtashima Meem
This book is the most stunning book that Erica Spindler has written. Romance, thriller, drama, you name it, this book has it.
Debbie

I thought it was a little far out, the ending too predictable and I couldn't put it down! Good read!
Anthony
Very strange plot dealing with what people will do when they become totally obsessed with something.
Kristie Howie
A bit twisted but a good story. Towards the end it was slow, but up til then it was a good read.
Shannan Henry
Slow. A bit unrealistic at points. A decent read overall though
  • Den döende detektiven
  • The Deep End
  • Lullaby And Goodnight
  • Du gamla, du fria (Annika Bengtzon, #9)
  • On Fire
  • Slices of Night
  • Wild and Wicked
  • The Survivors
  • No One Left to Tell
  • Don't Say A Word
  • The Seventh Victim
  • Until Dark
  • Black Friday (Maggie O'Dell, #7)
A New York Times and International bestselling author, Erica Spindler's skill for crafting engrossing plots and compelling characters has earned both critical praise and legions of fans. Her stories have been lauded as “thrill-packed page turners, white- knuckle rides and edge-of-your-seat whodunits.”

Erica loves meeting and interacting with her fans, both in person and online. She has a wicked se...more
More about Erica Spindler...
See Jane Die Last Known Victim Copycat (Kitt Lundgren, #1) Killer Takes All Bone Cold