Start by marking “Adopt-A-Dad” as Want to Read:
Adopt-A-Dad

Adopt-A-Dad

4.08  ·  Rating Details  ·  72 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Luke Duncan has never been able to turn away when he was needed. That's why he became a veterinarian, and now cares for three dogs, two cats, a raccoon, snakes, ducks...but children? Luke hadn't considered parenthood before, but when he finds three orphaned kids, he can't just walk away. Now all he has to do is convince Social Services that a single man would make a great ...more
ebook
Published October 1st 2012 by Harlequin Heartwarming (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Adopt-A-Dad, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Adopt-A-Dad

Janine
"Adopt-A-Dad" by Bonnie K. Winn is an ebook that was put out by Harlequin. I decided to read this book because I truly enjoy Ms. Winn's Inspirational books that Harlequin puts out under its Love Inspired name. I have to say that I was surprised that this was a secular book with no references to God or Christian beliefs, but that wasn't enough to make me put down the book. I found this book to be those rare secular books that I so thoroughly enjoyed for there was no sex, no swear words (the stron ...more
Darla
Mar 24, 2013 Darla rated it really liked it
I overall enjoyed this book for what it was, a sweet, heart tugging read that i finished in one sitting!!!! I loved Luke and his big heart and his bigger family! I loved how the story played out with him and the three kids he took in. Kealey, on the other hand, was a character that I grew to like(on the last few pages!) She was a pain to me for all her whiny, cry baby, whoa is me nobody loved me attitude!!!!! I get it, not everyone grew up in happy stable well adjusted homes, but as a grow woman ...more
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
First of all, I could not find a print edition listed on Goodreads so? I'm going to write up my review on the Kindle version.

This was perhaps one of the most special romances that I've read. Yes, Romances have a consistent formula and I must admit that I like the traditional ones best. That being said, 'Adopt-A-Dad' was new, refreshing, and made me smile throughout the entire novel. It was contemporary, yet timeless.

Luke Duncan, a veterinarian, and one of many children, does what we all do every
Kathleen Rodgers
Dec 30, 2012 Kathleen Rodgers rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
Bonnie K. Winn`s novel is the first book I downloaded and read on my new Kindle that my husband gave me for Christmas.

I fell in love with each of the characters, got caught up in the plot and story, and learned more about adoption and how children are placed in foster homes. My favorite passages featured Luke Duncan`s large extended family and how they rallied around each other in good times and bad.

This HEARTWARMING novel will appeal to readers who enjoy stories that revolve around family with
Kris Dickinson
Mar 26, 2014 Kris Dickinson rated it really liked it
Quick, fun read although I wasnt sure there would be a HEA. There were some sad elements when the foster system was discussed and when Luke tried to save a stray do that had been left lying by the road after a hit and run. I really liked the idea of Luke's huge extended family and made me wish for one just like it
Veronica
Jan 24, 2016 Veronica rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Winn is one of my favorite love inspired authors which is why I ended up reading this book although I was put off by the far-fetched premise. I am glad I did, it was a cute book but the epilogue was way too sappy in my opinion.
Fedora
Jul 22, 2013 Fedora rated it really liked it
Definitely fits the Heartwarming line perfectly.

Luke Duncan stumbles across three orphans and being a collector of strays, takes them in without a second thought. Kealey Fitzpatrick's been on the other side of the fence and feels those kids need a loving, two-parent family.

Although you can see the ending coming from a million miles away, Ms. Winn pens a very enjoyable read with likable characters, including a huge extended family. Bravo!
Dorothy Timm
May 19, 2013 Dorothy Timm rated it really liked it
First the bad news. No real character development-just basic, one step after another book. Very poorly written, I felt I was reading a story written by an amateur. Now the good news-this was one sweet, happily ever after book. No sex, either. And although I don't cry at books, it was so wonderfully sappy, that I found myself crying at the ending. Overall, I'm glad I read it.
Carolyn
Nov 08, 2013 Carolyn rated it really liked it
I really loved this book. The hero was always a guy who helped people in need, and when he found three orphaned children, he didn't hesitate to help them. The heroine was a good one, as someone who truly understood children and their conflict made the story a great one. A sweet romance. I would definitely read more from this author.
Jody
Nov 16, 2012 Jody rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library, ebook
Super sweet romance. Don't think they actually make men like Luke (but that may just be my pessimism talking). Anyway Luke takes in strays and as a vet this can make for a crowded home. But he manages to take in a few more. One social worker and three orphans who truly seem to adopt one another.
Bj Hoover
Feb 17, 2013 Bj Hoover rated it it was amazing
This is, as advertised, a "heart-warming" book--a "tender romance". I really enjoyed Luke's determination to prove his ability to creat a home for three orphaned kids, and Keeley's realization that a stable and loving family can be made up of varying elements. A really satisfying story.
Cheri Stringer
Dec 24, 2013 Cheri Stringer rated it liked it
Shelves: completed
I was impressed that a series romance would address the issues of inferiority, introversion, low self image etc of a thrown away child now an adult. It was handled rather deftly.
Judie Dooley
Aug 26, 2013 Judie Dooley rated it really liked it
Adopt a Dad is a heartwarming story of love for family Kids and animals. It was an enjoyable fast read although quite predictable. It wouldn't have been right if the outcome was any different.
Jamie
Dec 06, 2012 Jamie marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult
I'm trying. So flat and surface level. Come on, Harlequin!
Michelle
So heart-warming, I couldn't help but tear up!
Maureen
Nov 03, 2013 Maureen rated it liked it
Sweet story , kids, pets and romance.
Melissa
Donna
Nov 08, 2012 Donna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome book.
Laura Eckstein
Laura Eckstein rated it liked it
Jan 23, 2016
Danielle
Danielle rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Mercedes
Mercedes rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2015
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2015
Iluvromance814
Iluvromance814 marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2015
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Dec 10, 2015
Becky Canfield
Becky Canfield marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2015
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2015
Yara Kfouri
Yara Kfouri marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2015
Carrie Heinz
Carrie Heinz rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Bonnie K. Winn is the author of 34 published novels, most of which have been translated into over twenty languages. Fourteen-million copies of her books are in print. Currently, Bonnie is one of the top ten bestselling authors in Harlequin’s highly successful Steeple Hill/Love Inspired inspirational fiction program.
Named as one of the top ten romance authors in America by Affaire de Coeur, Bonnie
More about Bonnie K. Winn...