Start by marking “Adopt-A-Dad” as Want to Read:
Adopt-A-Dad

Adopt-A-Dad

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Luke Duncan has never been able to turn away when he was needed. That's why he became a veterinarian, and now cares for three dogs, two cats, a raccoon, snakes, ducks...but children? Luke hadn't considered parenthood before, but when he finds three orphaned kids, he can't just walk away. Now all he has to do is convince Social Services that a single man would make a great ...more
ebook
Published October 1st 2012 by Harlequin Heartwarming (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Adopt-A-Dad, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Adopt-A-Dad

Darla
I overall enjoyed this book for what it was, a sweet, heart tugging read that i finished in one sitting!!!! I loved Luke and his big heart and his bigger family! I loved how the story played out with him and the three kids he took in. Kealey, on the other hand, was a character that I grew to like(on the last few pages!) She was a pain to me for all her whiny, cry baby, whoa is me nobody loved me attitude!!!!! I get it, not everyone grew up in happy stable well adjusted homes, but as a grow woman ...more
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
First of all, I could not find a print edition listed on Goodreads so? I'm going to write up my review on the Kindle version.

This was perhaps one of the most special romances that I've read. Yes, Romances have a consistent formula and I must admit that I like the traditional ones best. That being said, 'Adopt-A-Dad' was new, refreshing, and made me smile throughout the entire novel. It was contemporary, yet timeless.

Luke Duncan, a veterinarian, and one of many children, does what we all do every
Kathleen Rodgers
Bonnie K. Winn`s novel is the first book I downloaded and read on my new Kindle that my husband gave me for Christmas.

I fell in love with each of the characters, got caught up in the plot and story, and learned more about adoption and how children are placed in foster homes. My favorite passages featured Luke Duncan`s large extended family and how they rallied around each other in good times and bad.

This HEARTWARMING novel will appeal to readers who enjoy stories that revolve around family with
Kris Dickinson
Quick, fun read although I wasnt sure there would be a HEA. There were some sad elements when the foster system was discussed and when Luke tried to save a stray do that had been left lying by the road after a hit and run. I really liked the idea of Luke's huge extended family and made me wish for one just like it
Fedora
Definitely fits the Heartwarming line perfectly.

Luke Duncan stumbles across three orphans and being a collector of strays, takes them in without a second thought. Kealey Fitzpatrick's been on the other side of the fence and feels those kids need a loving, two-parent family.

Although you can see the ending coming from a million miles away, Ms. Winn pens a very enjoyable read with likable characters, including a huge extended family. Bravo!
Dorothy Timm
First the bad news. No real character development-just basic, one step after another book. Very poorly written, I felt I was reading a story written by an amateur. Now the good news-this was one sweet, happily ever after book. No sex, either. And although I don't cry at books, it was so wonderfully sappy, that I found myself crying at the ending. Overall, I'm glad I read it.
Carolyn
I really loved this book. The hero was always a guy who helped people in need, and when he found three orphaned children, he didn't hesitate to help them. The heroine was a good one, as someone who truly understood children and their conflict made the story a great one. A sweet romance. I would definitely read more from this author.
Jody
Super sweet romance. Don't think they actually make men like Luke (but that may just be my pessimism talking). Anyway Luke takes in strays and as a vet this can make for a crowded home. But he manages to take in a few more. One social worker and three orphans who truly seem to adopt one another.
Bj Hoover
This is, as advertised, a "heart-warming" book--a "tender romance". I really enjoyed Luke's determination to prove his ability to creat a home for three orphaned kids, and Keeley's realization that a stable and loving family can be made up of varying elements. A really satisfying story.
Cheri Stringer
I was impressed that a series romance would address the issues of inferiority, introversion, low self image etc of a thrown away child now an adult. It was handled rather deftly.
Judie Dooley
Adopt a Dad is a heartwarming story of love for family Kids and animals. It was an enjoyable fast read although quite predictable. It wouldn't have been right if the outcome was any different.
Jamie
Dec 06, 2012 Jamie marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult
I'm trying. So flat and surface level. Come on, Harlequin!
Michelle
So heart-warming, I couldn't help but tear up!
Maureen
Sweet story , kids, pets and romance.
Brandi
Cute, quick read.
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
MAFO Book
MAFO Book marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Alissa
Alissa added it
Aug 25, 2014
Margaret Rackley
Margaret Rackley marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Autobotfireflame
Autobotfireflame marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Tonya
Tonya marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Bonnie K. Winn is the author of 34 published novels, most of which have been translated into over twenty languages. Fourteen-million copies of her books are in print. Currently, Bonnie is one of the top ten bestselling authors in Harlequin’s highly successful Steeple Hill/Love Inspired inspirational fiction program.
Named as one of the top ten romance authors in America by Affaire de Coeur, Bonnie
More about Bonnie K. Winn...
Protected Hearts Child Of Mine (Love Inspired) To Love Again (Rosewood, Texas Series #3) (Larger Print Love Inspired #395) Jingle Bell Blessings (Steeple Hill Love Inspired) A Family All Her Own