Kitty's Cuddles

Kitty's Cuddles

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  119 ratings  ·  25 reviews
How does Peacock cuddle? Feathery and bright. How does Big Bear cuddle? Safe and fluffy. Kitty is trying out all different kinds of cuddles, but which is his favorite? The soft, warm snuggle of his baby brother. Full color.
Published April 1st 2007 by Holiday House

To ask other readers questions about Kitty's Cuddles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kitty's Cuddles

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.Pete the Cat by Eric LitwinBark, George by Jules FeifferThe Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric CarleFrom Head to Toe by Eric Carle
How to rock toddler storytime
110th out of 286 books — 125 voters
Where Is Baby's Belly Button? by Karen KatzToes, Ears, & Nose! by Marion Dane BauerWhite on Black by Tana HobanWhere Is Baby's Mommy? by Karen KatzBaby Loves Spring! by Karen Katz
Great Books for Babies
66th out of 92 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

midnightfaerie
Cabrera is a great author for the younger crowd. My twin 3 yr old's loved it. Colorful fun pictures that helps get the child engaged and keeps them engaged. The illustrations were paintings that had a unique brushstroke and the colors were so vibrant! Cabrera has a style all her own. Loved the paintings especially! Also, many of her books have themes that are popular children’s songs, so immediately her books grabbed my preschoolers attention. A great addition to any children's library.
Kelsey
Kitty's Cuddles features an adorable kitten that explores different kinds of cuddles with different animals. Finally, kitty decides that the best cuddles come from a new baby brother. The book features bright painted illustrations with simple lines. Each page features a new animal with one question about the kind of cuddle the animal provides. The bold black text and simple format make the book appropriate for teaching print awareness skills. Children may also learn new adjectives with each kind...more
jacky
Natalie has been quite found of her kitty toy and Ellie kitty recently, so I figured a book about a cat hugging couldn't go wrong. I was surprised when I realized that we own another book by the author (If You're Happy and You Know It), but could see the same style in the illustrations. There is a variety in the animals the kitty hugs (peacock, armadillo, mouse) without leaving out favorites (elephant, bear). I liked the unexpected choice of her baby brother being her favorite hug. It actually w...more
Guen
My four year old daughter said, "I love it. It is so cuddly."
Vivian
Instead of cats or clothes changing colors in this story, the friends come in a variety of colors. Using this in a library story time, I asked the children to name the color of the "cuddlers". Then, of course, I asked what sounds they make. Children LOVE making animal sounds!
Mouse is pink. (squeek)
Peacocj us blue. (meowk)
Bear is beige. (grrr)
Frog is green. (ribbit)
Monkey is brown. (ooo-ooo-eee-eee)
Elephant is gray. (eee-ooo)
Octopus is orange. (blub blub)
Porcupine is black. (prickly!)
Armadillo is...more
Kristine Pratt
3.5 stars just for the phrase "squidgy quidgy"
Meg
Though the text leaves a little something to be desired, the illustrations in this book are warm and soft and lovely. A great read for the youngest of children (0-3), and a good pick for those who are about to have a new baby brother or baby sister.
IrenesChristianReviews
A kitten likes to get cuddles (hugs) from his different friends. Each friend gives a different kind of cuddle. The book starts with the kitty asking who we think his favorite friend cuddle is from. In the end it is from his new baby brother. I liked that hugging was the main story line. You always hear about hateful things people do so it was nice to read a book that showed how being kind is a good thing.

Meg McGregor
How does Peacock cuddle? Feathery and bright.

How does Big Bear cuddle? Safe and fluffy.

Kitty is trying out all different kinds of cuddles, but which is his favorite?

The soft, warm snuggle of his baby brother.

A perfect book to read before bedtime or anytime of the day.

Read again on June 20, 2014 and I loved it even more this time!
Melissa
A list of hugs, with Cabrera's signature bright, clear illustrations. I especially like the variety of animals (peacock, octopus) and that the armadillo and the porcupine, which are less intuitively "cuddly" animals, are still presented in a positive way (the porcupine has a "careful" cuddle and the armadillo has a "safe" cuddle).
Elaine
Claire
Who doesn’t like cuddles? Kitty does, but what kind of cuddles does Kitty like best? Her new baby brother, of course! Beautiful, bright illustrations, and a great book for children who might have, or be getting new siblings. For younger children I would think.
Samantha
Kitty loves to cuddles, but who is Kitty's favorite cuddle buddy?

Great read aloud with vibrant painted illustrations. I especially loved the brushstrokes on the peacock and the bear as it added a lot of visual texture.
Christine
This book has a lot of animals for kids to identify as it's read. It was also a big hit with toddlers at storytime. I wish the that rhyme pattern continued all the way through the last line, but otherwise it was a very cute book.
Ashley Massa
Picture Book 10
This book was a very simple and colorful story that would be a great read aloud for young children. I liked the illustrations of every animal that was written about and the sweet kitten that narrated the story.
Jen H.
Good gift for a new big brother/sister. Cat is wondering what animal/friend is best to cuddle with and he finds the best is his new baby brother.
Joy
Simple story, and sweet, colorful illustrations. The text isn't anything special, but the simplicity makes this work as a read-aloud.
Emma
Kitty is on a mission to find out which of her friends gives the best cuddles. Cute story and wonderful, bright illustrations.
Betsy Brainerd
Good book for a baby storytime. Bright, simple pictures and engaging text. Baby tested and approved.
The Library Lady
This is as cute as cute can be. And I guess that's my problem with it--it's a little TOO cute!
Danie P.
Follow Kitty around while she cuddles her friends. Who is her favorite friend to cuddle?
Kate McCartney
Very cute book about how the best cuddle from a new sibling.
Beck
I love cuddles! And animals!
Susan Erhardt
Sweet book for toddlers.
Kelly
Kelly added it
Apr 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
If You're Happy and You Know It! Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star Ten in the Bed Cat's Colors The Wheels on the Bus