Start by marking “In Love with Night: The American Romance with Robert Kennedy” as Want to Read:
In Love with Night: The American Romance with Robert Kennedy

In Love with Night: The American Romance with Robert Kennedy

3.35 of 5 stars 3.35  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Retracing the life and myth of Robert Kennedy, the author shows how he transformed himself from JFK's right-hand man into a crusader for the poor and down-trodden.
Published January 3rd 2000 by Simon & Schuster (first published January 2000)

To ask other readers questions about In Love with Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Love with Night

Fergie
Reading Ronald Steel's book, one is left to wonder what his true feelings are toward his subject matter. At times, you sense that Steel genuinely admires Robert Kennedy. At other times, his comments verge almost on contempt. Perhaps, this leads us to a more human understanding of RFK than the more common God-like qualities we place upon his memory as well as his brother's.
My understanding of the Kennedy brothers has always been that Teddy was the only true liberal among them. JFK and, in many
Randy
Jul 22, 2008 Randy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: History buffs
Recommended to Randy by: Angel
I just started this, it was a gift from a friend who knew I just finished "Brothers" which I liked. I'm not a great Kennedy worshiper but admire the good they did and am curious about what drove them.

I think that like FDR, the Kennedy brothers were driven by the source of the family's wealth, they felt they needed to make up for the ill gotten sources of the family fortune and so were driven by forces most of us only read about. Not perfectly good men, but not all bad demons either. For those wh
Fawaz Ali
In this book, Ronald Steel has done what few historians were able to do, which is to delve deep into the inner soul of RFK. The beauty of the book lies in its author's ability to examine the phenomena of RFK and the reasons that made him the subject of fascination for historians. You might find the book being harsh on RFK and you may not agree with the author but believe me this book is a treasure.

This book will make you understand the parallels of RFK and Obama. Although the book is mainly abou
Kirk Bower
Tries to capture the "kennedy contradictions" So-So
Rahmat Romadon
Kennedy have some affair with Monroe - thats kills him.
Nel
Jan 13, 2009 Nel marked it as to-read
hey thanks... i owe you one.
Ana
Ana is currently reading it
Nov 03, 2014
Liz Tailor
Liz Tailor marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Bob
Bob added it
Aug 25, 2014
Amit Tiwary
Amit Tiwary marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Baidhurya
Baidhurya marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
Claire Williams
Claire Williams marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Edward Gerson
Edward Gerson marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Steven Harbin
Steven Harbin marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
Myra MacPherson
Myra MacPherson marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2014
Kelley Tackett
Kelley Tackett marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2014
Lennongirl
Lennongirl marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2014
Kenya
Kenya marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Britt
Britt marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2013
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2013
Stefanie Huber
Stefanie Huber marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Walter Lippmann and the American Century Temptations of a Superpower Pax Americana Imperialists and Other Heroes; A Chronicle of the American Empire End of Alliance