Start by marking “Deception” as Want to Read:
Deception

Deception (Harry Tate #3)

The explosive new Harry Tate thriller - Former MI5 officer Harry Tate's skill at tracking down runaways is second to none - and the Security Services need his help. When MI6 ask him to trace Vanessa Tan, a lieutenant with the Royal Logistics Corps who failed to report for her return flight to Afghanistan, Harry instinctively feels it's a mission to avoid. But when he learn ...more
Published October 1st 2012 by Severn House Digital (first published November 24th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Deception, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deception

Nick Brett
Sep 26, 2015 Nick Brett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Having recently discovered the author, I am having great pleasure working my way through his books.
Harry Tate is back here, working as a tracker for the intelligence services. Soldiers are going AWOL and those with military information are being sought by an organisation of ex-soldiers in order to sell that intelligence. Harry is brought in to track down a female officer who may have had access to the biggest secrets of them all, can he find her before the bad guys do?
Nothing is what it seems an
Lizzie Hayes
Aug 31, 2012 Lizzie Hayes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
‘Deception’ by Adrian Magson
Published by Severn House, 2011. ISBN: 978-0-7278-8130-4

Harry Tate is a former MI5 officer who still has a ‘loose’ attachment to the Security Services. So he was not unduly surprised to be contacted by an MI6 officer, one Richard Ballatyne, who wants him to do a job and in return he will return the favour. The favour being the whereabouts of one Henry Paulton, former Operations Director of MI5, the man who had posted Harry to Georgia and nearly succeeded in having him
Miles
Aug 25, 2012 Miles rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Over the last year or so I’ve been meaning to read an Adrian Magson novel but for one reason or another – work, training and volume of books to be read to name but a few – I’ve not had chance to read anything by the author. I put that right this week when I moved the latest Harry Tate novel to the front of the pile – and boy am I glad I did!

The third Harry Tate novel – a frenetic British spy thriller – is a terrific read. Picking it up I was immediately drawn into a storyline, a storyline I don’
Larry
Apr 30, 2012 Larry rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a new author to me. He is British and writes using a great number of British slang/terms. Most are deciferable, but not all. The story was OK and it had a bogus ending which leads into the next book. Don't think I will be reading any more of his author's books.
Elyse
Mar 15, 2016 Elyse rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fresh romp for a spy novel (my first read by this author). Interesting twists and turns.

Refreshing to have some female secondary characters who aren't just caricatures; hopefully Magson will make progress on this for future novels.
Richard
Feb 15, 2012 Richard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good spy thriller, the third outing for Harry Tate. The premise of an agency mopping up disillusioned solders/deserters who may need help and could pay with a few military secrets is an excellent framework for this story. Plenty of twists and turns, with action and suspense.
Robert C. smith
Jan 13, 2016 Robert C. smith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Great Mystery Thriller

From the beginning, Magson puts the reader on the edge of the seat and doesn't let up until the end!
Pocosnoopy
May 10, 2016 Pocosnoopy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like the Harry Tate series quite a bit. The writer has a good sense of place and the plots are believable.
Dan Donovan
Jun 23, 2016 Dan Donovan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read

Good author, well defined characters and a tight plot line. Moves well at a rapid pace and for a "thriller" is semi-believable.
Jet
Jet rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2015
joe
joe rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2016
Hirohiko Kizuka
Hirohiko Kizuka rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2016
Mark
Mark rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2016
Raymond McCoy
Raymond McCoy rated it really liked it
May 25, 2012
Michael R Eldridge
Michael R Eldridge rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2016
Donna
Donna rated it really liked it
Oct 17, 2012
Trudi Thun
Trudi Thun rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2014
Cyber
Cyber rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2014
Kip Heinke
Kip Heinke rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2016
Derek Kelsey
Derek Kelsey rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2015
Simon Freeman
Simon Freeman rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2016
Eduardo Arizaga
Eduardo Arizaga rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2015
Matt
Matt rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2012
Judie
Judie rated it liked it
May 09, 2015
John Berry
John Berry rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2015
Vierblij
Vierblij rated it did not like it
Oct 12, 2013
DJ
DJ rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2015
Johan Kjellstrom
Johan Kjellstrom rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2014
Robert
Robert rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2013
Kenneth Esau
Kenneth Esau rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Adrian Magson is a British crime-writer, his books often involve conspiracies, and have two repeating main characters - Riley Gavin, a young female investigative reporter, and Frank Palmer, a former RMP (British Royal Military Policeman) now a private investigator.
More about Adrian Magson...

Harry Tate (5 books)
  • Red Station (Harry Tate, #1)
  • Tracers (Harry Tate, #2)
  • Retribution (Harry Tate, #4)
  • Execution (Harry Tate, #5)