The Dopefiend

The Dopefiend (The Dopeman #2)

4.57 of 5 stars 4.57  ·  rating details  ·  721 ratings  ·  37 reviews
Part 2 of the Dopeman's Trilogy, JaQuavis Coleman chillingly chronicles the life and crimes of Harlem resident Hazel Brown, as she rises to the highest highs and spirals into an inevitable, devastating downfall. Hazel has nothing and no one in her life; the only thing she "owns" is an insatiable addiction to heroin. Her addiction brings her to the slums, where she quickly...more
Published May 1st 2010 by Urban Books (first published January 1st 2010)

Quan
I love everything that JaQuavis and Ashley writes. I think that JaQuavis did a good job on this book and I can't wait to read the Dopeman:Memoirs of A Snitch next week. The only problem that I had with the story is the part where Millie went to see Apple in jail but was told he was dead on page 193, but on page 189 Millie had put flowers on Apples grave while visiting Hazel's grave site, so she already knew he was dead. I felt sorry for Hazel, she finally got off of drugs which can be very diffi...more
Monique
The Dopefiend by Jaquavis Coleman - 4 stars
This is straight up gangsta. The block is hot and the street team is loyal until one dopefiend puts a twist in the game. The storyline is tight but there are several errors in timing and grammar. I can't wait until the final installment of the trilogy.
Ashlee
Good story but how did Millie put flowers on Apples grave then later visits him in jail only to find out he's dead!?! Also a lot of other corrections needed to be made! For Jaquavis to have this many mistakes in one of his books!?
Jennell Rolle
i just finished reading last nite i like this book alot mad who dies thought but it was good and the end is really a twist..i read it in 3days
Ney Ney
The Ending is bitter sweet! I cant wait for the last book of the trilogy to come out!
Eva Leger
Lesa Jones
Kim
After reading The Dopeman's Wife Dopeman 1 I would have never expected for Millie to turn out the way she did. It was really a shocking turn of events. Hazel's story was really a heart breaker, you really couldn't help but to root for her the entire time. Too bad things didn't turn out well for her. Seven you just couldn't help but to love him. He had a good heart, and ultimately did what he had to do in the end. I can't wait for the third installment, and hope it is even better.
Kendra
OMG this book had me on the edge of me seat! I was very surprised that the main character Hazel gets killed and was more surprised how Mille did a turn around, cleaned herself up and came straight for Seven.This book took me through so many differnt emotions of sadness when Hazel dies, anger when Millie kept influencing her to get high, and laughter when Seven reversed everything on Millie. Im defintiely reading book 3 to see what happens now that Seven is still alive and Millie now in jail.
Rachel
Jaquavis Coleman continues to prove why he rights top notch books. Enjoyed this book from beginning to end. I like how he starts out with each character and develops their stories and once once characters story ends your so engrossed in the other characters that you rarely miss the character that has died. I need to read the first and last book of this trilogy.
Victoria
This book is very infuential. This book will touch your heart, make you cry, and all of the above. This book gives great advice on what not to do, and what you can o in situations such as these in the book. This book will help you lean about things that you didnt know or, it can also add on to what you already know.
Lena♥(Nothing Like Your Last,Im Your Present) Lakeisha
"The Dopefiend" is so good! Well,good can't even describe it,it's beyonddd Good!!!jus like "The Dopemans Wife" And I can't wait till' Part3 comes out"♥

Honetsly, Ashley&JaQuavis never dissapoint me! Rather they write together or seperate*
Sandra.
I expected this book to be a little more interesting and it was... towards the end. The beginning had way too much backstory and seemed like it took forever for the story to pick up. I'm interested in reading part 3 to see how the trilogy ends.
Trisheana
I fell in love wit Seven..I really wish him n Hazel could've worked out.Millie really pissd me off n this book...I couldn't believe how she turned out.My heart broke for Apple.! #TEAMSEVEN.!
Tailyn
I just can't get into the book2, seems kinda slow, book1 ended with off good bang, but book to does not have me interested. and surprising for me because i'm a BIG fan of Jaquavis work.
Rebecca
This book was great....kept me interested from the 1st page to the very end. Can't wait to read the 3rd book. If you haven't read this book get on it.
Kellee
This book was ok. Nothing special. It was sad at times. This book is not something I would recommend to anyone. It only gets 3 stars.
Valerie
Another Good read by JaQuavis Coleman. I liked the way he tells the other side of the Dope Game, the dopefiend has a story too.
Nikki Trotter
Very good book! Some errors in it and a lot of mistakes, but overall the book was good.
Queen Readers

Great read can't wait to read the last book dopeman
Annette Jones
Great book (as always!!!) About to staart on 3rd book of the series!
Shavonne
Lots of background information on the characters. Great ending.
JazzyRacquel
Loved It !

What Else Can You Expect From Qua ! ♥
Yvonne
Great book can't wait to read the next book.
Jor'dawn Gibson

I'm addicted to urban street.
Angela Hale
i loved this book cant wait until the book 3
Brittney Green
I wanted the best for Hazel...Sweet Hazel!!
Taryn
The Book Was so Good I Couldn't put it down!!!
Amanda
Can't wait to read the last one
Linda Strickland
These trilogy books are on fire!!!!!
  • Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
  • Trife Life To Lavish Part 2 Genesis & Genevieve... Am I My Brother's Keeper
  • Cartier Cartel
  • Flint: Working Girls
  • Allure of the Game: A Novel
  • Section 8
  • Hold U Down
JaQuavis Coleman also writes (with Ashley Antoinette) as "Ashley & JaQuavis".

JaQUAVIS COLEMAN, the New York Times best-selling author of Dopeman’s Trilogy, first burst onto the scene at the age of eighteen and quickly became a nationwide literary phenomenon. He and his wife Ashley Antoinette have coauthored numerous “street fiction” classics. With the birth of the Cartel series, the “Ashley an...more
More about JaQuavis Coleman...
The Dopeman's Wife (The Dopeman, #1) The Dopeman: Memoirs of a Snitch (The Dopeman, #2) The White House The Day the Streets Stood Still Black Wall Street