Start by marking “Setting Boundaries with Your Adult Children” as Want to Read:
Setting Boundaries with Your Adult Children

Setting Boundaries with Your Adult Children

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  155 ratings  ·  18 reviews
This important and compassionate new book from the creator of the successful God Allows U-Turns series will help parents and grandparents of the many adult children who continue to make life painful for their loved ones.

Writing from firsthand experience, Allison identifies the lies that kept her, and ultimately her son in bondage--and how she overcame them. Additional real
Published February 1st 2008 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Setting Boundaries with Your Adult Children, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Setting Boundaries with Your Adult Children

Melanie
I loved this book. It gave me new tools to use with my adult children. And peace with the decisions I make with them also. Three years after reading this book I still reflect on what I read in her book. Allison used her circumstances and her life choices to show us that as parents it is ok to let our Adult Children go and we can learn how to live our own lives. God is enough! He is capable to change the hearts of our children because he loves them more than we do.
Kristi Petersen
There are no easy answers but this book gave me hope that I might regain some sanity in my life and enforce boundaries. Even those with young children should read this book because you'll see where not to go wrong to begin with (ex: doing everything for your child out of love, instead of having them being the person responsible for their own actions. This book helped me tremendously.
Kathleen Delaney
Great inspiration

inspired me to tackle boundaries. I've been dragging my feet and now know where to start and how to stay strong.
Rhonda Rae Baker
This book is a great encouragement for me. I've been working on these same issues for several years now. With five children there are many levels that I totally related to. I'm happy to say that there are only a couple of situations right now that are pressing and I'm standing strong.

There have been many things that happened within my family which changed me and my children...the tools presented in this book are right on!

After reading the introduction by Carol Kent...I've read her two books abo
Michelle
There are many, many helpful non-fiction books in this world to choose from, but this is one that every parent MUST read. It's incredibly well-written and interesting, and the examples are excellent. Since I've worked with dysfunctional people and families for twenty years as a social worker, I can testify that Allison knows what she is talking about. She's obviously poured her heart and soul into this book in order to help families, and I've not found better advice out there for people who have ...more
ginger walto
Wonderful inspiration

lifted me up. I believe I too have something to share. and will have a small group setting at church. I am not alone.
Carla
Didn't even finish it...
Linda
This is my second time through this book...lots of good information I needed to hear even though some of it is difficult to do. One of the biggest things I learned is that helping is doing something for a child he cannot do for himself...enabling is doing something the child can do for himself. It reminded me that I need to step away and allow God to work in the lives of my sons.
Dynamodb
This is an excellent book for struggling parents. Good organization and ideas. Bottke holds up a mirror and then helps us to find our way out of the rabbit hole.
Missy
if you're struggling with your Adult Children & Setting Boundaries; this book is for you! Great Pointers! Hope some of them sunk in. :)
Laura Henzel
very helpful even when you have good kids it makes you relize we all could improve
Karen
Sep 20, 2013 Karen rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: soul
I'm not a 'tough love' sort of person... though DH wishes I was!
Lillian
Very good advice to those struggling with this.
Keith
Great book. Very insightful and helpful...
Sheri Mukai
Very informative on issues not considered before
Regina
I learned how to have a healthy relationship with my son, and how to set boundaries with all my family members. I totally recommend this book who may have adult children who aren't being productive.
Lori
This was a great read. Even though I'm not a parent yet I will be someday and it taught me some very critical points to raising a child with an addiction. Taken from a Christian perspective.
Marisol Hood
Marisol Hood marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
jo calvert
jo calvert is currently reading it
Jan 17, 2015
Seba
Seba marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Cherie
Cherie marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
  • Hope for Today
  • Love Must Be Tough: New Hope for Marriages in Crisis
  • Age of Opportunity: A Biblical Guide to Parenting Teens (Resources for Changing Lives)
  • The Paideia of God
  • Resolving Everyday Conflict
  • How to Really Love Your Child
  • Women with Attention Deficit Disorder: Embrace Your Differences and Transform Your Life
  • Marriage, Divorce, and Remarriage in the Bible: A Fresh Look at What Scripture Teaches
  • Answers to Distraction
  • Beyond Survival: A Guide to Abundant-Life Homeschooling
  • Christians Get Depressed Too: Hope and Help for Depressed People
  • The Secret Lives of Hoarders: True Stories of Tackling Extreme Clutter
  • Mongo: Adventures in Trash
  • I Just Hope It's Lethal: Poems of Sadness, Madness, and Joy
  • First Time Mom: Getting Off On The Right Foot  From Birth To First Grade
  • Full Steam Ahead!: Unleash the Power of Vision in Your Work and Your Life
  • Making Peace with the Things in Your Life: Why Your Papers, Books, Clothes, and Other Possessions Keep Overwhelming You and What to Do About It
  • The Message of Ephesians (Bible Speaks Today NT)
A Stitch in Time One Little Secret Setting Boundaries with Difficult People: Six Steps to Sanity for Challenging Relationships You Make Me Feel Like Dancing: A Novel God Allows U-Turns for Teens: The Choices We Make Change the Story of Our Life

“This ancient story is good and exemplary for boys. But what about girls? What is the modern story of a Prodigal Daughter? I picture her as an honor-roll high-school graduate turned wild party-girl expelled from college. Abandoned by her first love after an abortion, she sedated herself in a downward spiral of alcohol, drugs, and promiscuity. She bounced from one job to another, had an affair with a married man, and then left the country to escape disappointment and loss. Years later, lonely, weak from an eating disorder, and painfully aware of her emotional, physical, and spiritual bankruptcy, she returned to her father’s home to ask for forgiveness.6” 0 likes