Dirty Dog Boogie

Dirty Dog Boogie

4.6 of 5 stars 4.60  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Boogie on your bicycle/ boogie in your bed/ always keep a bit of boogie going in your head. Poetry is a cause for celebration! It is something to shout about, to share, change, rearrange, ham up and enjoy! This volume is a collection of irreverent, witty poems.
Published March 1st 1999 by Annick Press

Lbrown107
There are so many things you could do with this book! It is full of silly rhyming and describing words that make up a poem. I think young writers would love to use this book to get ideas for their own poems. If young writers were having a hard time finding a rhyming or describing word in their own work, I would direct them to this book for ideas. I also noticed that this book had a long table of contents so I think that I could even use this book to do a mini-lesson about on that.
JustOneMoreBook.com
If these thirty-two pages of flipping, flopping, bouncing, buzzing, twitching, itching, hissing, humming, fizzing, popping, whizzing, waltzing, shaking, leaping, rug-cutting rhyme don't get your toes tapping, we'd like to hear about it.

You can listen in on our chat about this book on our Just One More Book! Children's Book Podcast.
Joanne Lampman
Joanne Lampman marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Sarah added it
Jun 16, 2014
Grok Testuser
Grok Testuser is currently reading it
Dec 13, 2013
Laura added it
May 26, 2012
Kate Hastings
Kate Hastings marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2008
Boy Soup Boy Soup: When Giant Caught Cold Crazy about Soccer! Catmagic I Did It Because...: How a Poem Happens