Start by marking “Prospect Street” as Want to Read:
Prospect Street

Prospect Street

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  646 ratings  ·  62 reviews
When Faith Bronson's marriage ends abruptly, she finds her privileged life shattered. Only just beginning to face the lie she has lived, she finds sanctuary with her two children in the shabby Georgetown row house that's been in her mother's family for generations.

This historic house harbors dark secrets of its own. When Faith takes steps to rebuild her ancestral home, she
Published September 17th 2012 by Harlequin Mira (first published 2002)

I have read this one several times and it never loses its appeal. It was a wonderful book - great storyline, awesome characters.
Faith never met her older sister, Hope. Hope was kidnapped from her parents' home when she was just a few days old and what happened to her still remains a mystery. Filled with grief, Faith's mother and her father, a prominent Virginia senator, closed up the home that had been handed down from generation to generation to Faith's mother, and moved to a new home where they welcomed a new baby daughter. The kidnapping presented Faith with an unusual childhood filled with caution and security measur ...more
Prospect Street is a street of historical town houses in the Georgetown area of Washington, DC. Faith Bronson's mother was raised in such a house on Prospect Street. Her mother eventually married one of the nation's most high-profiled, conservative senator's. She eventually had a child that was kidnapped from this house before Faith was born. The kidnapping destroyed her marriage and it became one in name only.

Faith was brought up under strict conservative conditions and when she married a "han
I started reading Emilie Richards' romance novels because I loved her mysteries. I was delighted to find that her romances actually had more plot and characterization than I expected -- I'm not surprised that her recent books are on the mainstream fiction shelves. Prospect Street delivers all that I've now come to expect from Richards but on a multi-generational level this time. Set in Georgetown, the book flirts with politics but never delves deep; instead, Georgetown is the plot and politics a ...more
Gloria Bernal
Loved this book right from the onset. It grabs your attention from the getgo and doesn't let go. At over 500 pages, I was glad it had substance. It is primarily about relationships in today's contemporary times, but also about renovating an old Georgetown row house, the research and history of the house, the strong women who lived there, it's secrets and a few mysteries to solve. A multi-faceted novel, engagingly real characters, I looked forward to each sitting with it.

The places mentioned in
Faith finds her world falling apart as she discovers that her husband, a conservative activist, has been having an affair with another man. She must find means to support her children in the DC area and help them with the upheaval in their lives. Her mother agrees to allow them to live in the row house in Georgetown, site of the tragic disappearance of Faith's older sister as a baby. The place is a wreck after years of being a rental. Faith finds two friends, one in the long time next door neigh ...more
The lies we are told by our parents, our spouses, our children and the lies we tell much do we want to know the truth and how hard will we dig to find the answers? Wonderful story seeking answers to a long ago tragedy and what we are truly made of at heart.
Farshana Sihab
Loved the complex characters and detailed description of each perspective. The mystery woven through the storyline was impressive.
Marilyn Miles
I'm working my way through all of Emilie Richard's books and I haven't been disappointed yet. Glad I discovered this author!
Pamela K
I love to read books that you absorbed until the end and this was one of them. Great job Emilie Richards.
I have never read Emilie Richards before, but I will definitely look into more of her books! This book kept me coming back, eager to read more, and kept me thinking about the story line long after I was finished. It is one of those books that you cannot wait to finish and yet you don't want to end!

It really touches on a wide range of issues, and as Publishers Weekly is quoted on the back as saying, it truly is "an engrossing novel about rebuilding relationships..." and not in the warm, fuzzy, 'c
I absolutely loved this book from beginning to the very last page!!
What a nice surprise this book was. I enjoyed it from the first chapter. It was about a family who was going through hard times, and yet the heroine kept it together with integrity. She was almost too perfect/selfless sometimes, but defintely someone that I would aspire to be.

The background story was great and held my interest without going over the top. Best book that I have read in quite a while. :)
Pat Jorgenson Waterchilde
I really enjoyed this book.This is my first encounter with Emilie Richards but it won't be the last. The story is very well written with enough twists and turns that you won't want to put it down. I really cared about the characters and wanted to see that their lives come out alright. The Georgetown setting was realistic along with the historical perspective. A good read and one that I thoroughly enjoyed.
This is a super book if you're one of those readers who like calm books where not much happens, and I do NOT mean this in a bad way. There is so much to soak up here that action would just be distracting. The characters were very special and realistic, in a somewhat dated sort of way, but that is probably very accurate for a book that's 10 years old. Time marches quickly. Kept me going.
The book started off with quite a shocker and kept my attention all the way through. I thought the author did a great job portraying family dynamics when faced with a crisis.

Enjoyed reading about Georgetown and the row house renovations. Looking forward to visiting the Georgetown area one day.

This was my first Emilie Richards novel. Anxious to read more of her work.
The history of an old house in Georgetown adds to the intriguing story of love and deceit many years in the making. This was a really good read on many levels. I enjoyed it very much but that is a given because I have never read anything written by Emilie Richards that hasn't held my attention and interest throughout the entire novel!
I had never heard of this author until a patron at the library I worked in was returning it and said I should read it. From the start of it until the last line of the book I was hooked. Every time someone came in asking for a good book I suggested this one. Ms. Richard is a favorite author of mine now.
Dawn ♥ romance
A captivating story about a family recovering from divorce. It started out head on, had interesting plot twists and an exciting ending but very little romance and a few events stretched belief. Faith makes a shocking discovery that tears her family apart and they struggle to adapt.
I enjoyed this book. I like the fact that the characters are more mature. The story might be considered a little dated, not every character in the story had a cellphone and home computers were relatively new, but the concept of family and forgiveness are timeless.
I liked this book a lot -- I found the characters believable, and the mystery intriguing. It's about the importance of female lineage. I am not familiar with Georgetown myself, but I felt like I was on Prospect Street.
This is an interesting book that delves into one aspect of homosexuality that we usually don't think about and also the effect of crimes on family members. It pits the ultraconservative against more likeable humans.
Great story of interwoven subplots. Emilie Richards always does an amazing job with her books. The characters become more fluid through misfortune, lost hope, lost and new romance, and happiness. Rich reading.
Sometimes families have to deal with unexpected changes. This book explores how a mother and her two teenagers face a life-changing revelation, and learn to deal with it and grow. Highly recommended!
Very good book. This is the third book by this author that I have read and I am so anxious to read more. The book had a bit of a complicated family story but the mystery involved was very good.
This was an amazing story with deep characters, an interesting mystery and an compelling storyline. I think this is be of Emilie Richards' best books and one I wish was part of a series.
Very enjoyable in depth study of a family going through many changes and finding themselves through stories of the past. Forgiveness, psychology and mystery involved. A good read.
This reminds me of the "women's fiction" from the 80's and 90's. I could read this when I was falling asleep because it didn't take much "brain power"!
  • Sanctuary Hill (Bay Tanner, #7)
  • The Richest Season
  • Ghost Gone Wild (Bailey Ruth, #4)
  • The Long Road Home
  • Savannah Comes Undone
  • Fifty Is Not a Four-Letter Word
  • The Book of Peach
  • The House on Butterfly Way
  • Daisy's War
  • The Rock Orchard
  • Stolen Away (Nathan Heller, #6)
  • Killer Fudge (A Callahan Garrity Short Story)
  • Autumn Blue: A Novel
  • Madame Mirabou's School of Love
  • Grits (Girls Raised in the South) Guide to Life
  • Alligator Lake
  • Inadmissible Evidence
  • The Betrayer
I'm the author of seventy-something novels, both women's fiction and mystery. I'm excited about my newest series, Goddesses Anonymous, which started with One Mountain Away and was followed last year by Somewhere Between Luck and Trust. The third book in the series, A River Too Wide, came out in July. The Color of Light debuts in August 2015.

Last year my husband and I moved from Arlington, Virginia
More about Emilie Richards...