Start by marking “Together for Christmas” as Want to Read:
Together for Christmas

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

Together for Christmas (Kismet, Michigan #3)

In a hilarious and heartwarming novel from USA Today bestselling author Lisa Plumley, a down-home diner owner meets a sexy Scrooge--but will it be a match made in holiday heaven?

Published October 2nd 2012 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Together for Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Together for Christmas

Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Kitty's review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

2.5 Stars

When I read the blurb about this book, I thought that this may be a fun, quick book with a little Holiday Spirit thrown in. Unfortunately, it was way over the top Christmas and I really had to concentrate on the storyline and not all the descriptions of Christmas.

The story itself could have been really interesting. Casey Jackson is actually a “troubleshooter” that is hired by agencies to step in when things aren’t looking good. He ha
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
Casey Jackson is the guy everyone calls when they need something put back on track. His reputation for bringing in production projects on time and under budget is known throughout the industry. Now his stellar record has brought him to Kismet, Michigan, to fix the production woes of a holiday special gone sour. Too bad Casey hates Christmas.

Kristen Miller is sick and tired of her famous sister trouncing on her family’s holiday plans and traditions. Kristen is too busy running her diner to care a
Alexandra
Dec 17, 2014 Alexandra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Casey Jackson hates Christmas. Unfortunately his job as a trouble shooter sends him to kismet aka Christmas Central. Heather Miller is a typical diva. Expecting everything to revolve around her. And having no qualms about asking her younger sister to do her bidding. Kristen Miller feels like she lives in the shadow of her famous sister. Even her parents seem to give Heather more time than Kristen. So when Heather blows into tone to tape her Heather Millers Christmas Special. Even going do far as ...more
April
Sep 20, 2012 April rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Together for Christmas by Lisa Plumley is the perfect book to kick off the holiday season! Full of humor, quirky and lovable characters as well as a couple of sizzling hot scenes that will rev up more than your holiday spirit. Together for Christmas is the sinfully, indulging and impossible-to-resist whipped topping atop a big slice of pumpkin pie!
Lisa Plumley has such an amazing talent of combining humor, sweetness, fun, emotion and sexiness into impossible-to-forget stories. When I began to re
Shannon
(Copy reviewed was a galley, generously provided by the author)

During the holidays, I don’t want to read anything that isn’t lighthearted and cute. There. I’ve said it. No thinking during the holidays. I have enough to worry about: what to give my loved ones, how to pay for what I give, which cookies to bake and treats to make, how to get everything done on time. I want my books to be purely escapist. Together for Christmas is just right for that.

In Kismet, Michigan, Lisa Plumley has created a c
Susan
Casey is in Kismet to get Heather's TV special back on track, but the place is driving him nuts. It is over the top Christmas everywhere he looks and he isn't a Christmas guy. Heather has told him that all she needs is for him to keep her sister out of her hair. Then she tells Kristen that Casey is there to shut down the production and to try to keep him away from the set. At first meeting they really don't like each other, but are forced to spend time together. Kristen is determined to get Case ...more
Judy
Sep 05, 2012 Judy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Together for Christmas - Christmas Magic

The setting for this delightful read takes place in Kismet, Michigan.

Casey Jackson has been hired to keep pop sensation Heather Miller’s sister away from the set of the T.V. Christmas special that Heather is working on. He isn’t exactly thrilled about doing this assignment. Casey isn’t into Christmas and he is happy to keep it that way.

Much to Casey’s surprise, the sister, Kristen Miller owns her own business, called Galaxy Diner. To be truthful he was a l
Julie Barrett
Aug 01, 2012 Julie Barrett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Together for Christmas by Lisa Plumley
Casey Jackson is not taking his normal annual holiday vacation to Mexico or an exotic island. This year his mission is to keep Heather's sister, Kristin occupied so she does not complicate the recordings of Heather's show during the Christmas season.
Kristin runs the local diner, Galaxy Diner and serves pie in a jar that nobody can turn down. Loved hearing about the gingerbread house construction competition between the two of them.
There are people who are st
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
2.5 Stars

Casey Jackson has left the warm climate of L.A. and his traditional anti-Christmas trip to somewhere tropical to come to Kismet a town the oozes Christmas and good cheer, but being a top troubleshooter he has to make sure that famous star and diva Heather Miller gets her Christmas special out on time and on budget. There is just one problem, her younger sister Kristen the delectable owner of a local diner and lover of all things Christmas!

One word can describe this book; sweet. Normall
Georgiann Hennelly
Copy reviewed was generously provided by the author. I love books that are lighthearted and fun. Together for Christmas is a perfect book to just escape into. In Kismet Michigan Lisa Plumley has created a charming town full of fun loving people all filled with the Christmas separate.Air that smells like Gingerbread! A Christmas disco, ice - skating by candlelight! And best of all a sweet little cafe tha serves pie in jars. Now that is something i have to try. And even though i,m sitting in Illin ...more
Sharon Chance
Dec 04, 2012 Sharon Chance rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Christmas and romance go together like jingle and bells, and this is absolutely the case in Lisa Plumley's charming and fun-filled holiday offering, "Together For Christmas."

Take one Scrooge, add one ultra Christmas lover and shake - the results are either a mess or the beginning of a great relationship - and thankfully, in the case of Casey and Kristen, it's a great, if not a little shaky, beginning of what promises to be a great love. But they have to overcome obstacles such as her pop-star si
SweetSue
May 18, 2015 SweetSue rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Too distracting, too much going on. I don't mind the side-stories, but there were too many of them and the most important ones didn't get resolved well. (ie, Shane telling Casey to just get over the issue that separated them. Even though I do agree that the outcome might have been exactly the same, a little more was required there.)

Casey and Kristen's relationship felt totally unreal and they both had split personalities. She's this tough businesswoman who has built a great business from nothing
Barb
Dec 25, 2012 Barb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Casey Jackson doesn't do Christmas. Mistletoe, eggnog, pitchy carolers--it all leaves the L.A. based talent agent colder than a winter sleigh ride. Nonetheless, Casey's been called to Kismet, Michigan, to help get a pop star's holiday special back on track. But it's the diva's sister who's proving the biggest obstacle. Kristen Miller is funny, sassy--and crazy about Christmas. And suddenly, Casey has all kinds of visions dancing in his head.

Kristen can't believe that Casey is anti-Christmas. To
Crystal
Dec 15, 2012 Crystal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Together for Christmas is the first book I have read by Lisa Plumley. It sounded like an awesome Christmas story & it lived up to it.

Kristen Miller has had her Christmas turned completely upside down with the arrival of her famous sister and her production of a Christmas special TV Show.

Heather Miller doesn't really know she is totally spoiling Christmas for her sister who loves a traditional Christmas. When Casey Jackson comes to town to try to get Heather's show back on track, she sends
Amanda
Dec 02, 2012 Amanda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to really like this book. The back cover made it sound like it would be one of those holiday romance stories that made you chuckle and awe all over the place so it had promise. Unfortunately I found I was too distracted bouncing all around so many different characters and their romance woes that it was difficult to concentrate on Kristen and Casey's story. I found the constant ups and downs slowed down the story and didnt quite fit right with all the other ups and downs in all the suppo ...more
Magpie67
What a perfect book to read in the July hot summer heat of Iowa. Christmas in July! I was welcomed back to Kismet, MI and I enjoyed this book even more than the last one. I certainly loved the Christmas House, but I fell in love with the cafe in this town. The quirky people were fun and witty plus I had the image of SyFy's show Eureka in mind as I continued the story to the last page. Thanks Lisa for letting me read this romance... I had loads of fun thinking about Christmas and I'm pretty sure ...more
Brianne
Mar 09, 2013 Brianne rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: holiday
I thought the story line was inconsistent - characters and situations were introduced and then neatly tied up with no explanation in between. I also thought there was a little too much stuffed into the plot. I despised Heather for about 3/4 of the book and then all of a sudden she makes a huge turn around. It seemed that most of the conflicts centered around misunderstandings that could have been cleared up if the characters just talked to each other instead of assuming how the others felt about ...more
Marjo
Jun 24, 2013 Marjo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A really cute story, with three intermingling romances, which means that there is something for everyone. For example, most of the page-time is devoted to the main couple, Casey and Kristen, but my favorite couple was Alex and Heather, and others might prefer Walden and Talia. And it is very kitch-Christmas, but that's what I wanted to read, so that was awesome. I have a new good Christmas story to add to my collection. I'm very happy.
Debra
Dec 04, 2013 Debra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A hard-working, local girl owns the town's diner and exudes Christmas. A hard-working, LA guy is in town on an assignment to make sure a TV Christmas special of the town's home-grown superstar get done on time and on budget. Things do not go as planned. Lots of fun and humor. If you are moderately annoyed with all the Christmas hubbub you will enjoy the LA's guy take on the holidays. If you are a fan of all things Christmas then you will enjoy local girl's take.
Vera
Dec 09, 2012 Vera rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Together for Christmas was a fluffy and steamy read and perfect to read during the Holidays. Parts of this book really made me laugh out loud. I like this book but it was overshadowed by having too many different stories about other couples. I wanted to focus more on Casey and Kristen's relationship and, maybe Heather and Alex but that's it. It was just too much back and forth for me.
Sarah Waters
Feb 21, 2015 Sarah Waters rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I love Christmas but this book was over the top! Very predictable and the main characters didn't grab me. A times I laughed at terrible the storyline was....however I don't think it was meant to be funny!
Alisa
Dec 13, 2013 Alisa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Had had time getting into the book. I like to get attached to my characters but there were too many for me to fully feel their personalities. Cute story line just took me until middle of the book to feel it.
Darlene Ferland
Nov 28, 2012 Darlene Ferland rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lisa Plumly gave us a fun read for the Christmas season. For anyone who loves Christmas, it brought on a feeling of wanting to e in that Christmasy town! The mixture of such different characters gave that extra boost to the story. . .
Alanna
Dec 20, 2012 Alanna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Too predictable and long!!!!! Blah blah blah...
Becky
I really liked this book. I want to read the others in the Kismet, Michigan series.
Amy
Cute. Made me laugh. Perfect, mindless, happy ending Christmas read
Ruby Lee
3.5 stars. I loved the plot of the story but the execution was confusing at times.
Linniegayl
I read this for a review at AAR. I will post a link as soon as my review is up.
Vicki
Jan 01, 2013 Vicki rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quick, fun holiday read.
Gail
Oct 12, 2012 Gail rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is my first time reading a book by this author. It sounded interesting and it takes place in Michigan too. Looking forward to reading it.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Sep 05, 2016 07:26PM
  • Must Love Mistletoe (Holidays, #1)
  • A Cowboy Under My Christmas Tree
  • Ring in the Holidays (Hunk for the Holidays #2)
  • A Soldier's Christmas (Conard County #16, Wingman Warriors #8)
  • Christmas on Mimosa Lane
  • Sleigh Belles
  • Sleigh Bells in Valentine Valley (Valentine Valley, #5)
  • Do You Believe in Santa? (Evergreen Lane #1)
  • The Sugar Cookie Sweetheart Swap
  • A Texas Christmas
  • Mistletoe on Main Street (Briar Creek, #1)
  • Merry Humbug Christmas: Two Tales of Holiday Romance
  • Christmas with the Laird (Christmas Around the World #3)
  • A Yorkshire Christmas (Christmas Around the World Series, #2)
  • Not So Tiny Tim (The Smutketeers Present...A Kinky Christmas Carol)
  • A Christmas Bride
  • A Match Made at Christmas (Christmas in New York, #4)
  • Snowbound in Montana (Carrigans of the Circle C, #4)
Best-selling author Lisa Plumley has delighted readers worldwide with more than three dozen popular novels. Her work has been translated multiple languages and editions, and includes contemporary romances, historical romances, paranormal romances, and a variety of stories in romance anthologies.

Her fresh, funny style has been likened to such reader favorites as Rachel Gibson, Susan Elizabeth Phill
More about Lisa Plumley...

Kismet, Michigan (4 books)
  • Home For The Holidays (Kismet, Michigan #1)
  • Holiday Affair (Kismet, Michigan, #2)
  • All He Wants for Christmas (Kismet, Michigan, #4)