Start by marking “Instant Attraction” as Want to Read:
Instant Attraction

Instant Attraction (Wilder #1)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  7,489 ratings  ·  444 reviews
The first in a sensational new series, Jill Shalvis introduces Cameron, Stone, and T.J. Wilder--three bad-boy heroes who effortlessly mix breathtaking adventure and scorching sex appeal. . .

Get Wild. . .And Then Get Wilder. . .

Accountant Katie Kramer is a quintessential good girl--working hard, recycling diligently, all the while trying to ignore the feeling that she doesn
Published October 2nd 2012 by Kensington (first published January 24th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Instant Attraction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Instant Attraction

Dina
The first book in the trilogy about the Wilder brothers - T.J., Stone and Cameron -, Instant Attraction was an enjoyable and easy read.

Cameron Wilder is the youngest of the Wilder brothers, a former Snowboarding Olympics and X-Games champion who "lost it all" when an accident ended his career one year ago. Used to the adventurous life and the adulation that came with his fame, he's having a hard time dealing with his current situation and doesn't know what to do with his life anymore. After spen
Auntee
Feb 07, 2009 Auntee rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of contemporary romance
Recommended to Auntee by: JJ
Hmmn. It's going to be hard to decide what rating I want to give this book. It started out pretty promising--good girl accountant Katie Kramer has a life altering experience (being the lone survivor of a bridge collapse that killed 30 people) and now doesn't want to take life for granted. She wants to live her life "balls to the wall", as she puts it, wanting to experience things that she'd usually never consider, living one daredevil escapade after another. That's all she wants before she retur ...more
Julie (jjmachshev)
Need a break from historical or paranormal romance? Like brooding, sexy heroes, humor, and spicy sex? Try "Instant Attraction" by Jill Shalvis.

Katie is the sole survivor of a horrible bridge collapse. Thirty people died, she alone survived. After her recovery, she's determined to live life 'full out'. So she gassed up her car and drove north. Now she's taken a temporary job at Wilder Adventures and Expeditions; and it comes with housing. The mountains are very different from LA and oh so beautif
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
2.5 STARS

Well, I don't know what I expected from this book. I liked it, but I never connected with any of the characters...
I'm currently binging on Jill Shalvis, enjoying the hell out myself with her Lucky Harbor series. I thought I'd give a try at the Wilder brothers, expecting the same fun and light feelings...
It was different, but maybe this is just my current mood talking.

Shawna
5 stars – Contemporary Romance

I didn’t know about this book until I read a couple of friends’ reviews here on GR, and I’m glad I gave it a shot because I was very pleasantly surprised by this delightful read. This is the second book that I’ve read by author Jill Shalvis, but I’m sure it won’t be the last.

“Instant Attraction” is the first book in the ‘Wilder’ series about three brothers (Cameron, Stone, and T.J. Wilder...gotta love those strong alpha names) who own Wilder Adventures and Expediti
Miss Kim
May 15, 2009 Miss Kim rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Miss Kim by: Auntee and JJ
Shelves: contemporary, 2009
This was my first experience with this author, and I was pleased. This is the first in a series featuring three brothers that run a sort of ‘extreme snow adventure’ business. They brothers are all big, sexy, brooding, outdoorsmen.

Cam was a famous snowboarder and Olympic champion until he suffered a major knee injury that ruined his career. He doesn’t know how to live without the spotlight, without boarding being the center of his world. He takes off on his own for about a year on a soul searchin
Duchess Nicole
Jill Shalvis writes a sweet, sexy solid contemporary romance. There's nothing bad to say, really. It wasn't phenomenal either. But I never got bored, and I liked everyone involved in the story line. I could empathize with the H/h and their similar issues. And I got a few good chuckles:

"At the knock on his window, Cam nearly bashed his head on the roof. "Jesus."
"Who-"
"No idea-" Through the fogged windows he caught the tall outline of Stone.
Katie was working frantically in the opposite direction n
Nicole
omg

omg you guys

This book is so wonderfully warm and fuzzy and funny that I don't know what to do with myself other than squee in happiness because FINALLY! A book where I love the heroine, I don't want to murder the hero and the secondary characters are so loveable and relatable that I am actually having a hard time believing I found this. I even fell for the damn stray cat, Chuck! And no it has nothing to do with the fact that I've rescued two stray kittens this month.

Ok, maybe a little but Chu
Quinn
Instant Attraction was my first read by this author, and it wont be my last. I’m always happy (and a little surprised) to find good contemporary romance (not chicklit), and despite the truly atrocious cover, this one delivered.

Katie Kramer was the sole survivor of the catastrophic Santa Monica bridge collapse that killed thirty people. After recovering, she feels compelled to live her life to the fullest and determines to find adventure and challenge herself. Her first stop is at Wilder Adventur
southpaw285
Katie Kramer is the sole survivor of the tragic collapse of the Santa Monica Bridge trying to learn to live her life “balls out.” Her first adventure lands her in the beautiful Sierras in Wishful, CA working for Wilder Adventures as an office temp.

Cameron Wilder was a professional athlete until an accident that cost him his profession. He has been on a year-long trek across the world, trying to figure out how to put his life back together. He's lost it all - his lavish lifestyle, his endorsemen
Ana
Katie is a good heroine. After a traumatic event she decided to change her life completely and do all the things she was afraid of, to live her life full of adventures. I admire her for that. She planned to spend a couple of months working at Wilder Adventures and then move on. And then she met Cameron.

Cameron is an athlete whose life changed dramatically after an accident. He can't compete anymore and has problems dealing with that. He spent the last year wandering around the world, trying to "
Saly
Jill Shalvis is fast becoming an auto-read for me, her contemporaries have so real and likable characters.
Cameron Wilder was a world-famous athlete before an accident when he lost his concentration, took it all away from him a year ago. He's been lost since flitting from place to place trying to find a way to live without something that defined him. Cameron was a result of his mother's infidelity so his father was cruel to him, it was only at the age of 8 when he went to live with his young aunt
Corrine
There's not much to say about this book that hasn't already been said (I think I'm the last romance reader on the face of the earth to read it), but I loved it. I don't know that I've ever read Shalvis before, but she's hooked me. I loved Cam, I loved Katie, and I love the whole family. I think I have everyone's HEA's set (and can I say, I am soooo glad one of the brothers is not going to end up with Serena!). Can't wait for the rest of the series!
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

It is no secret that I adore Jill Shalvis and her work. So I decided to pursue her backlist when I needed something to cheer me up. I stumbled upon the Wilder series and knew right off the bat that it had all that I desired in a comfort read - Charm, snark, outrageous circumstances and last, but not least, a quirky heroine and a smoking hot hero.

Cameron Wilder used to be the golden boy. As co-owner to Wilder Adventures and Expeditions and an accomplished athlete, he has
Paige
I really enjoyed INSTANT ATTRACTION and I can’t wait to get into more of Jill Shalvis’ work. I’ve bought nearly all of her books and it’s just a matter of time. Something tells me I won’t be disappointed.

What I really liked about INSTANT ATTRACTION was that there was so much more underneath that made your heart ache. You wanted to constantly comfort them all, but at the same time kick their butts for being complete idiots.

The sole survivor of a bridge collapse, Katie Kramer is determined to li
Glamdring
*3,5 stars*

This was a sweet and fluffy read with great characters (mains and seconds) as well as some funny dialogs. Can't wait to read the next.

valee
Maybe it was that I just needed this very type of read at this very moment but I couldn't put it down, I loved every freaking page of this book. I know I just got into a cont-romance mood because this is the 3rd book in this genre I read in a row and I still can't get enough. I guess I just needed some cheesy-sweet-corny moments right now as I'm only getting tired and frustrated from too much work... **sigh... You know? this type of reads are just PERFECT for those moments, they help you forget ...more
Christine
This is one of those books that mostly has good things going for it, but somehow the elements didn't come together for me. I liked Kate. I liked Cam. Each one had their own history, their own problems to deal with, their own healing to do. The writing style was light, not quite comical but approaching it (sort of tongue in cheek). The opening was great -- him walking in and finding her in his bed.

But I found myself bored by it all. I think the trouble is that the romance itself was so forced. T
Danielle
This is the first book in the Wilder Series and boy does it get off to a great start!

Katie Kramer is the only survivor of the tragic collapse of the Santa Monica Bridge. It her time to head off into the world and find some new adventures. It just so happens her first adventure lands her in the beautiful Sierras, working for Wilder Adventures as an office temp. But will she stay when things don't go as planned?

Cameron Wilder was snowboarding Olympic gold medal winner who was involved in an accide
Jen
3.5 stars.

While I did not like this book as much as her Lucky Harbor series, it was still a good read.

The Wilder brother's run and extreme cold weather sports business and Katie, after a life changing event, becomes their temp secretary. There she meets Cam who used to be an extreme snowboarder before he hurt his knee.

I really liked Katie and her attitude. She was very spunky and happy go lucky. At first Cam came off as a bit whiny and all woe is me. He seemed like he had always had life handed
LaFleurBleue
A typical Jill Shalvis romance: easy to like characters, small town environment with quite a few secondary characters, fast paced story, relatively simple plot, a light-hearted tone and whatever the traumas the characters went through, a limited level of angst.
The mix works rather well here, though I could relate more easily to Cam's difficulties to adjust to a life in which he was deprived from what was his only real enjoyment and satisfaction. Katie's survivor guilt was in my opinion insuffic
Elizabeth
Not as good as the books of Lucky Harbor series.
This one takes place on the Sierra Nevada mountains, where the hero owns an extreme sports company. I couldn't connect with the MCs and I didn't really enjoy the narration.
Annette Dahl
Enjoyed the story very much. Two people who survived major life events, and how it changed their lives. Instant attraction with both H/h claiming they didn't want a relationship...yeah right!... I loved Katie's witty personality, and Cam's brooding male persona. I found myself wishing the author had put some detail into the sorted life of the Wilder parents. I feel it would have added to the story. Also, I think a more detailed ending would have finished the HEA of the book in a better way. But, ...more
Lyndi
I was kinda surprised that this was a Jill Shalvis book, because I've read a lot of romantic suspense from her and there are rarely humorous moments. But this book had me laughing all throughout. It wasn't just the banter between characters, which was good. It was the little bits like this:

“Uh-huh.” His voice was husky. Like a man completely confident in the knowledge that he was about to get lucky.

And he was. He so was…

The informal writing was a nice touch. I wouldn't go so far as to call it
Jane Stewart
The characters were interesting, but the plot was weak, mostly vague communication conflicts and fear of opening up.

TORY BRIEF:
Katie is an accountant in Los Angeles. While driving, a bridge collapsed. Everyone on the bridge died except Katie. She quits her job and drives north, hoping to find adventure to escape her feelings of survivor guilt and panic attacks. She gets hired as a temporary office manager for Wilder Adventures and Expeditions in the Sierra Mountains. The Wilder brothers take vac
Just - The romance reader
I just checked out the second book in this series and I can't wait to read it! It has a lot to live up to in order to be as good as this book. I have my fingers crossed.

This is the first book I've read by Jill Shalvis, and if I was impressed and enthralled from the get go. The series is about the rough and rugged Wilder brothers who run Wilder Adventures, in the Sierra Mountains. Hoping to leave behind the aftermath of a devastating accident in LA, Kate Kramer leaves everything behind and drive
Leah Braemel
In Instant Attraction Cam has to accept that the life he had, the career he had, has changed thanks to a horrific snowboarding accident that left him unable to compete professionally anymore, and he has to stop running from accepting it. Katie survived a horrible bridge collapse (I flashed on the bridge collapse in Minneapolis a few years back, which helped me accept the reality of what she survived) and has embraced life to its fullest, refusing to allow her fears to hold her back anymore. The ...more
Brooke
Meh! I'm so surprised this is the same author as the Lucky Harbor series... I liked the characters for the most part, but even the most mundane conversation was all over the place, It was hard for me to get a handle on their emotions, I mistook some actions and words as sarcastic or mean when I guess they where being genuine and heartfelt but since not a second before they where being something else, I felt like I never knew what they where going for from one min to the next...
Usually sarcasm i
Emmi
This was a sweet contemporary romance. All the elements were there for a great read, but somthing didn't click between Cam & Katie on an emotional level. It didn't feel rushed, but I didn't get that "zing awww" from either of them. I liked both of them and the secondary characters well enough but in the end it just didn't tug at my heart as I like a good contemporary romance to do. It was a nice break from the PNR, RS, erotic genre I usually read but at $8+ on the kindle the juice wasn't qui ...more
Liz B
I'm not quite sure why I didn't love this book more. It had the things that tend to add up to a great romance for me--a hero & heroine with complicated pasts, but without the too-stupid-to-live/ refuse-to-talk factor; good supporting characters; sexual tension; interesting details of setting; lots of interaction and dialogue...

And I did like it. I enjoyed it quite a lot. And I'll almost certainly buy the other books in the series. But I didn't rush out to buy them, either.

I think, possibly,
Everything that was in this box I really 1 5 Apr 13, 2015 11:14PM
Have You Read All Three 2 26 Nov 03, 2014 01:07PM
  • Bring Him Home
  • Red Hot Renegade (Bennett #5)
  • All They Need
  • Start Me Up (Tumble Creek, #2)
  • Slow Ride (Fast Track, #5)
  • One Reckless Summer (Destiny, #1)
  • Slow Summer Kisses
  • Never a Gentleman (The Drake's Rakes, #2)
  • The Trouble With Valentine's Day (Chinooks Hockey Team, #3)
  • The Amorous Education of Celia Seaton (The Burgundy Club, #3)
  • How to Get Over Your Ex (Valentine's Day Survival Guide duet)
  • Sliding Home (Richmond Rogues, #4)
  • Until There Was You

Look for Jill's latest, ONE IN A MILLION, on shelves and e-readers now, and get all her bestselling, award-winning books wherever romances are sold.

Visit Jill's website fo
More about Jill Shalvis...

Wilder (3 books)
  • Instant Gratification (Wilder, #2)
  • Instant Temptation (Wilder, #3)
Simply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor, #1) Head Over Heels (Lucky Harbor, #3) The Sweetest Thing (Lucky Harbor, #2) Lucky in Love (Lucky Harbor, #4) Forever and a Day (Lucky Harbor, #6)

“Live as big as you can, with what you've got.” 32 likes
“Who’s there?”
“The scratcher of your itch,” he said.
She opened the door a crack and stuck her nose out. “Was that supposed to be romantic?”
30 likes