Start by marking “Instant Attraction” as Want to Read:
Instant Attraction

Instant Attraction (Wilder #1)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  8,934 Ratings  ·  530 Reviews
The first in a sensational new series, Jill Shalvis introduces Cameron, Stone, and T.J. Wilder--three bad-boy heroes who effortlessly mix breathtaking adventure and scorching sex appeal. . .

Get Wild. . .And Then Get Wilder. . .

Accountant Katie Kramer is a quintessential good girl--working hard, recycling diligently, all the while trying to ignore the feeling that she doesn
Published October 2nd 2012 by Kensington (first published January 24th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Instant Attraction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Instant Attraction

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
4 Live life balls out Stars

*Mild Spoilers*

photo Two-Thumbs-Up-Gif_zps9kbo5yuq.gif

“I dreamed about living my life to its fullest. Balls out.” “You don’t have any.” “It’s a euphemism.”

So this is my first time reading Jill Shalvis and I loved it. Instant Atrraction, the first book in the Wilder series was awesome! This book has a little bit of drama, but for the most part it was a funny, light, sexy read!

What this book is about

At one time Cameron Wilder had it all. As a champion snow boarder he had money, fame, and the girl. Then he
Stacey is Sassy
description

Good, but it felt like Grandma was reading to me.

I am a huge fan of Jill Shalvis and have been for years. I read Instant Attraction a while back and really enjoyed it. Listening to it made me happy to step back into that world. Those Wilder men are irresistible.

While I thoroughly enjoyed the story, I did struggle with the narrator a bit. She sounds like a pack a day smoker and older than my mother. Listening to her in the sexy times was a wee bit weird. I also struggled when she changed the vo
Dina
Dec 04, 2013 Dina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first book in the trilogy about the Wilder brothers - T.J., Stone and Cameron -, Instant Attraction was an enjoyable and easy read.

Cameron Wilder is the youngest of the Wilder brothers, a former Snowboarding Olympics and X-Games champion who "lost it all" when an accident ended his career one year ago. Used to the adventurous life and the adulation that came with his fame, he's having a hard time dealing with his current situation and doesn't know what to do with his life anymore. After spen
Auntee
Feb 07, 2009 Auntee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of contemporary romance
Recommended to Auntee by: JJ
Hmmn. It's going to be hard to decide what rating I want to give this book. It started out pretty promising--good girl accountant Katie Kramer has a life altering experience (being the lone survivor of a bridge collapse that killed 30 people) and now doesn't want to take life for granted. She wants to live her life "balls to the wall", as she puts it, wanting to experience things that she'd usually never consider, living one daredevil escapade after another. That's all she wants before she retur ...more
Julie (jjmachshev)
Jan 25, 2009 Julie (jjmachshev) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009-reads
Need a break from historical or paranormal romance? Like brooding, sexy heroes, humor, and spicy sex? Try "Instant Attraction" by Jill Shalvis.

Katie is the sole survivor of a horrible bridge collapse. Thirty people died, she alone survived. After her recovery, she's determined to live life 'full out'. So she gassed up her car and drove north. Now she's taken a temporary job at Wilder Adventures and Expeditions; and it comes with housing. The mountains are very different from LA and oh so beautif
Shawna
5 stars – Contemporary Romance

I didn’t know about this book until I read a couple of friends’ reviews here on GR, and I’m glad I gave it a shot because I was very pleasantly surprised by this delightful read. This is the second book that I’ve read by author Jill Shalvis, but I’m sure it won’t be the last.

“Instant Attraction” is the first book in the ‘Wilder’ series about three brothers (Cameron, Stone, and T.J. Wilder...gotta love those strong alpha names) who own Wilder Adventures and Expediti
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
2.5 STARS

Well, I don't know what I expected from this book. I liked it, but I never connected with any of the characters...
I'm currently binging on Jill Shalvis, enjoying the hell out myself with her Lucky Harbor series. I thought I'd give a try at the Wilder brothers, expecting the same fun and light feelings...
It was different, but maybe this is just my current mood talking.

Miss Kim
May 15, 2009 Miss Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Miss Kim by: Auntee and JJ
Shelves: 2009, contemporary
This was my first experience with this author, and I was pleased. This is the first in a series featuring three brothers that run a sort of ‘extreme snow adventure’ business. They brothers are all big, sexy, brooding, outdoorsmen.

Cam was a famous snowboarder and Olympic champion until he suffered a major knee injury that ruined his career. He doesn’t know how to live without the spotlight, without boarding being the center of his world. He takes off on his own for about a year on a soul searchin
Duchess Nicole
Jill Shalvis writes a sweet, sexy solid contemporary romance. There's nothing bad to say, really. It wasn't phenomenal either. But I never got bored, and I liked everyone involved in the story line. I could empathize with the H/h and their similar issues. And I got a few good chuckles:

"At the knock on his window, Cam nearly bashed his head on the roof. "Jesus."
"Who-"
"No idea-" Through the fogged windows he caught the tall outline of Stone.
Katie was working frantically in the opposite direction n
Nicole
Mar 25, 2015 Nicole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
omg

omg you guys

This book is so wonderfully warm and fuzzy and funny that I don't know what to do with myself other than squee in happiness because FINALLY! A book where I love the heroine, I don't want to murder the hero and the secondary characters are so loveable and relatable that I am actually having a hard time believing I found this. I even fell for the damn stray cat, Chuck! And no it has nothing to do with the fact that I've rescued two stray kittens this month.

Ok, maybe a little but Chu
Quinn
Instant Attraction was my first read by this author, and it wont be my last. I’m always happy (and a little surprised) to find good contemporary romance (not chicklit), and despite the truly atrocious cover, this one delivered.

Katie Kramer was the sole survivor of the catastrophic Santa Monica bridge collapse that killed thirty people. After recovering, she feels compelled to live her life to the fullest and determines to find adventure and challenge herself. Her first stop is at Wilder Adventur
southpaw285
Jul 28, 2009 southpaw285 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Katie Kramer is the sole survivor of the tragic collapse of the Santa Monica Bridge trying to learn to live her life “balls out.” Her first adventure lands her in the beautiful Sierras in Wishful, CA working for Wilder Adventures as an office temp.

Cameron Wilder was a professional athlete until an accident that cost him his profession. He has been on a year-long trek across the world, trying to figure out how to put his life back together. He's lost it all - his lavish lifestyle, his endorsemen
Ami
Nov 25, 2015 Ami rated it liked it
Shelves: romance

I bought this one because I just finished Jill Shalvis' My Kind of Wonderful (advanced reader's copy) a couple of days ago and I wasn't ready to say goodbye to her characters just yet. I saw few of my friends gave this series positive reviews, alongside SBTB that gave it a B+ review.

Unfortunately, I found Instant Attraction to having quite similarities with My Kind of Wonderful, except that I found myself liking Cam Wilder a lot less than I did Hudson Kincaid. The problem with Cam, for
Ana
Katie is a good heroine. After a traumatic event she decided to change her life completely and do all the things she was afraid of, to live her life full of adventures. I admire her for that. She planned to spend a couple of months working at Wilder Adventures and then move on. And then she met Cameron.

Cameron is an athlete whose life changed dramatically after an accident. He can't compete anymore and has problems dealing with that. He spent the last year wandering around the world, trying to "
Saly
May 14, 2011 Saly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jill Shalvis is fast becoming an auto-read for me, her contemporaries have so real and likable characters.
Cameron Wilder was a world-famous athlete before an accident when he lost his concentration, took it all away from him a year ago. He's been lost since flitting from place to place trying to find a way to live without something that defined him. Cameron was a result of his mother's infidelity so his father was cruel to him, it was only at the age of 8 when he went to live with his young aunt
Corrine
There's not much to say about this book that hasn't already been said (I think I'm the last romance reader on the face of the earth to read it), but I loved it. I don't know that I've ever read Shalvis before, but she's hooked me. I loved Cam, I loved Katie, and I love the whole family. I think I have everyone's HEA's set (and can I say, I am soooo glad one of the brothers is not going to end up with Serena!). Can't wait for the rest of the series!
Joy (joyous reads)
Jul 13, 2016 Joy (joyous reads) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
Jill Shalvis is one author that I could always rely on to give me something good whenever I’m in need of a pick me up. It’s just too bad she’s caught me at a time when I can’t buy anything because I’m a broke-ass nerd. Otherwise, that one-click button would’ve gotten a work out this past weekend. This is another one of those books I found on Audible for cheap. And since I’ve always enjoyed books by Ms. Shalvis, I wouldn’t be surprised if I give in to the temptation of one-clicking the books in t ...more
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

It is no secret that I adore Jill Shalvis and her work. So I decided to pursue her backlist when I needed something to cheer me up. I stumbled upon the Wilder series and knew right off the bat that it had all that I desired in a comfort read - Charm, snark, outrageous circumstances and last, but not least, a quirky heroine and a smoking hot hero.

Cameron Wilder used to be the golden boy. As co-owner to Wilder Adventures and Expeditions and an accomplished athlete, he has
Paige
Nov 26, 2014 Paige rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-books
I really enjoyed INSTANT ATTRACTION and I can’t wait to get into more of Jill Shalvis’ work. I’ve bought nearly all of her books and it’s just a matter of time. Something tells me I won’t be disappointed.

What I really liked about INSTANT ATTRACTION was that there was so much more underneath that made your heart ache. You wanted to constantly comfort them all, but at the same time kick their butts for being complete idiots.

The sole survivor of a bridge collapse, Katie Kramer is determined to li
Glamdring
*3,5 stars*

This was a sweet and fluffy read with great characters (mains and seconds) as well as some funny dialogs. Can't wait to read the next.

Cathy
She wasn’t watching where they were going, but his face. His mouth. It was a really great mouth. Wide and firm but not too much so. She bet it’d be heaven on hers—
[...]
He looked his usual scruffy, solidly muscled mountain-man self, and gorgeous with it, of course. Not to mention his scent. Good Lord, that scent should be bottled and sold under the name IMPENDING ORGASM.

Okay, this kind of writing and descriptions only 5 chapters into the book when the male and female MCs have only spoken like 3 t
valee
Jun 12, 2011 valee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Maybe it was that I just needed this very type of read at this very moment but I couldn't put it down, I loved every freaking page of this book. I know I just got into a cont-romance mood because this is the 3rd book in this genre I read in a row and I still can't get enough. I guess I just needed some cheesy-sweet-corny moments right now as I'm only getting tired and frustrated from too much work... **sigh... You know? this type of reads are just PERFECT for those moments, they help you forget ...more
Christine
Sep 26, 2010 Christine rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This is one of those books that mostly has good things going for it, but somehow the elements didn't come together for me. I liked Kate. I liked Cam. Each one had their own history, their own problems to deal with, their own healing to do. The writing style was light, not quite comical but approaching it (sort of tongue in cheek). The opening was great -- him walking in and finding her in his bed.

But I found myself bored by it all. I think the trouble is that the romance itself was so forced. T
Danielle
Jan 25, 2011 Danielle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book in the Wilder Series and boy does it get off to a great start!

Katie Kramer is the only survivor of the tragic collapse of the Santa Monica Bridge. It her time to head off into the world and find some new adventures. It just so happens her first adventure lands her in the beautiful Sierras, working for Wilder Adventures as an office temp. But will she stay when things don't go as planned?

Cameron Wilder was snowboarding Olympic gold medal winner who was involved in an accide
LaFleurBleue
A typical Jill Shalvis romance: easy to like characters, small town environment with quite a few secondary characters, fast paced story, relatively simple plot, a light-hearted tone and whatever the traumas the characters went through, a limited level of angst.
The mix works rather well here, though I could relate more easily to Cam's difficulties to adjust to a life in which he was deprived from what was his only real enjoyment and satisfaction. Katie's survivor guilt was in my opinion insuffic
D.B. Reynolds
Jan 07, 2013 D.B. Reynolds rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm on a contemporary romance kick and Jill Shalvis is a good place to start. Instant Attraction is the story of Cameron Wilder, bad boy snowboarder with a tragic past, and Katie Kramer an accountant with a tragedy of her own who's decided it's time to live with a capital L. This is a pretty standard boy meets girl plot, which means it's all about the characters and Shalvis does not disappoint. I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with Cam and Katie, loved watching them fight their demons to come ...more
CD {Boulder Blvd}
2.5 Stars - It was OK...

Everyone loved this story and I'm like if I read about her glasses fogging over one more time, mine will fog over from the heat of my annoyance. Cute comments are good, repetitive cute gets old for me.

But this wasn't really why the story was just OK for me. My main problem is that I like to read about action/activity and not angst. Angst may define where a person is in their life, however, I prefer when authors let you know in a more succinct manner - not pages of angst
Kate
Dec 14, 2015 Kate rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was rough in spots. It had pouty nipples, which makes me giggle. And it also described the "fiery fire." And...eek. But despite it being a little repetitive, I liked the story anyway and I'd like to read more of Jill Shalvis's stuff.
Elizabeth
Not as good as the books of Lucky Harbor series.
This one takes place on the Sierra Nevada mountains, where the hero owns an extreme sports company. I couldn't connect with the MCs and I didn't really enjoy the narration.
Danielle Taylor
Instant Attraction is the first book in Jill Shalvis’ Wilder Series. This book centers around Katie who was the sole survivor of a horrific accident. After her life altering experience she decides to make some major changes in her life and to stop living so safely. She jumps in her car and takes off for some adventures and winds up taking a temporary job at an outdoor adventure business. She’s settling in and enjoying herself until one of the owners arrives unannounced and asks Katie why she’s s ...more
Everything that was in this box I really 1 6 Apr 13, 2015 11:14PM
Have You Read All Three 2 26 Nov 03, 2014 01:07PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: Wilder series by Jill Shalvis 1 3 Feb 16, 2014 04:43PM
  • Bring Him Home (Special Forces, #3)
  • Red Hot Renegade (Bennett #5)
  • One Good Reason (Adamson Brothers, #2)
  • Start Me Up (Tumble Creek, #2)
  • Ashes and Wine
  • All He Ever Desired (Kowalski Family, #5)
  • Whisper Falls (Destiny, #3)
  • Slow Ride (Fast Track, #5)
  • How to Get Over Your Ex (Valentine's Day Survival Guide duet)
  • Kiss Me, I'm Irish
  • Until There Was You
  • The Runaway Countess (Nottinghamshire, #1)

Look for Jill's latest, SWEET LITTLE LIES on shelves and e-readers now, and get all her bestselling, award-winning books wherever romances are sold.

Visit Jill's website fo
More about Jill Shalvis...

Wilder (3 books)
  • Instant Gratification (Wilder, #2)
  • Instant Temptation (Wilder, #3)

“Live as big as you can, with what you've got.” 36 likes
“Who’s there?”
“The scratcher of your itch,” he said.
She opened the door a crack and stuck her nose out. “Was that supposed to be romantic?”
32 likes