Blank-133x176
Men of Bad Character

Kathleen Stewart

Men of Bad Character

2.5 of 5 stars 2.50  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Do you ever really know the man you love? When Rose's eighteen-year relationship ends in the most shocking and unexpected way, she emerges from years of what she thought was a loving relationship and realizes the extent to which she was being emotionally manipulated and controlled. While trying to pick up the threads of her shattered life, she meets a charming and elusive...more
Published April 1st 2011 by University of Queensland Pr (Australia) (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Men of Bad Character, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Men of Bad Character

Amy
There is something about this book that makes me keep reading. The poor main character seems to be traumatised by her bad relation experience, having nightmares and haunted by ex-bf. While I can relate to some of her feelings, the main character is also wrong for ignoring her intuition in a relationship.
After reading this book, although I know I will not be as stupid as the main character, but I also realised how unpredictable a man can be. He can be very loving in the beginning, then just sudde...more
Keziah
This was a compelling book in that I couldn't put it down. However much the main protagonist was a complete train wreck who most of the time I wanted to strangle, the author had the skill to make the reader want to go on for the ride. And to be honest, there were moments of self recognition in the obsession and self delusion of the main character. We've all been there, I'm just not sure I want to go back there.
Ruth
Twl Newtown
Twl Newtown marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Rachie
Rachie added it
Aug 09, 2014
Selena Hanet-Hutchins
Selena Hanet-Hutchins marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014
Peita Sims
Peita Sims marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2013
Jo
Jo marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2012
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
May 21, 2011
Ordinary Affects A Space on the Side of the Road: Cultural Poetics in an "Other" America Louis: A Normal Novel The Red Room The After Life:A Memoir