Start by marking “Country Bride” as Want to Read:
Country Bride

Country Bride

Rorie Campbell has a pleasant, predictable life in San Francisco, where she's seeing a pleasant, predictable man. Then, one vacation, her car breaks down on an Oregon country road and horse rancher Clay Franklin comes to her rescue. Rorie soon discovers that a city girl can fall in love with a country man. But Clay has no right to return her feelings--because he's engaged ...more
Hardcover, Large Print, 192 pages
Published November 1st 2003 by Center Point (first published June 1st 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Country Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Country Bride

Marianne
Country Bride is the second book in the Country Brides series by popular American author, Debbie Macomber. When Clay Franklin breaks off his long-standing engagement to Kate Logan to marry Rorie Campbell, Kate is understandably devastated. But someone is there to support her: Luke Rivers is the manager of her father’s ranch, and has been her good friend for a long time. After some bubbly at the wedding, Kate suggests that Luke should marry her, and he readily agrees: after all, he has been in ...more
Sophie Quist
Jan 30, 2016 Sophie Quist rated it liked it
Samantha
Martin Turner
This is clearly a book aimed at women but whether it hits the spot with women of today is another matter. Set in small town America,it could just as well have been set 100 years ago for the values it seems to portray, or is it just that, as a male reader, I look at things differently. Whether women like being told how they feel and what they should do b their male counterparts is another matter entirely (surely). This is really a short story and is very easy to read and holds the reader (hence ...more
Debbie Heaton
Mar 08, 2014 Debbie Heaton rated it really liked it
In Macomber’s romance novel, Kate Logan is devastated when the man she loves breaks their engagement and marries Rorie Campbell. Drowning her sorrows in champagne, she vigorously throws herself at Luke Rivers and proposes—to him! Once sober, Kate is horrified at her actions and sheepishly insists Luke disregard her request. To her surprise, he refuses to break their “engagement” and insists that she loves him. What follows is a dance that neither can walk away from.

As always, Macomber has spun a
Joan
Jun 13, 2015 Joan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Debbie Macomber is a well-known writer of clean romance novels; I have read and enjoyed many of her books. Country Bride is a good (if simplistic) story, but it is filled with cliches and skimpy on details that would have made the story more realistic. This book would not have rated three stars except for the author's ability to take a "barely-there" plot and stretch it into a reasonably interesting story.
Heidi
Jul 20, 2014 Heidi rated it it was amazing
This book flows seamlessly from A Little Country. This is Kate Logan's story, and how she discovers that she is in love with Luke Rivers. I really enjoyed reading this novel.
Toni Kilroy-la morte
Another Awesome novel by Debbie Macomber

Debbie never fails, if you want to read an enjoyable sweet clean romance, then Debbie Macomber is your author.
Well Done As Always DM.
Millicent Rogers
Nov 16, 2016 Millicent Rogers rated it it was ok
I think I force finished this book, it was lacking something and Luke seemed a bit pushy to me. I'm not sure really what the motivation behind this book was, but It is not what I am used to from Ms. Macomber.
Morgan
Feb 29, 2016 Morgan rated it did not like it
Melissa
Sep 29, 2016 Melissa rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
I listened to this audio book after having seen a few Debbie Macomber Christmas movies. This was a cute but predictable story that had a little less substance than I expected from my previous experiences with Macomber. Pleasant to listen to while driving.
Nicole
Sep 15, 2016 Nicole rated it liked it
Probably one of my least favorite Macomber books. Kate, was a moron. I didn't like her. Luke was a bit pushy. If she really didn't like him he would have been walking the line of a crazy person. Entertaining story, but found it really hard to get into the story when you don't like the characters.
Susan
Aug 26, 2009 Susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kate Logan, a school teacher, is going through alot of changes in her life causing emotional stress. She watched the love of her life, her ex-fiance Clay, marry another woman. Right after that her father, Devin, announces his engagement and that he will be selling the family ranch, The Circle L. Luke Rivers has been the ranch foreman for the past 10 years. He becomes Kate's best friend, being there for support through all the emotional stress of Kate and Clay's broken engagement. During Clay's ...more
Jacqueline
Fairly sweet romance. He was pretty convinced she loved him and would eventually marry him. I liked his determination to have her at all costs. I didn't like though that he didn't seem to really be hearing what she was telling him. I guess though that was the way this character was. He was so determined to marry her that he couldn't see that maybe he just needed to step back for a moment and let her stand on her own feet for a while just to prove to herself that she could. Also she kept ...more
Lin Stepp
Dec 28, 2015 Lin Stepp rated it liked it
This was a light, fun read … perfect during the Christmas holidays. The story begins as Kate Logan's familiar life is crumbling around her. Her fiancé is marrying someone else; her dad is getting married, too, and selling the ranch she loves. She is fighting a major pity-party … and on a whim, while a little tipsy, asks Luke River, her father's ranch manager, to marry her. … Humiliated the next day, she learns he's taken her seriously, wants to marry her, and argues that he think she really ...more
Adrienne
Jul 07, 2016 Adrienne rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

COUNTRY BRIDE
-----------------------------
What a strange storyline!

A woman from a small town claims to be in love with a man while being friends and even introducing said girlfriend to this man she loves? After the wedding, which she attends while repetitively thinking about how much she loves the groom, she seeks out her newly-married friend (post-honeymoon) for a chat?

In my opinion, even if the character is, as she claims, genuinely happy for the couple, it would be inappropriate for her to c
Tiffany
Jan 04, 2011 Tiffany rated it liked it
Kate is trying to get over the fact that her former fiance is now getting married to someone else. Luke her dad's forman on their ranch and long time friend has been helping her through the hard days. At the wedding Luke is by her side and as they dance outside together she finds how comfortable, at home and safe she feels in his arms. They also discover that they are attracted to each other. Kate tells him that night that they need to get married. The next day she realizes how foolish she was. ...more
JudiL
Sep 06, 2016 JudiL added it
Enjoyed
Allison
Jul 22, 2016 Allison rated it really liked it
I read this in 1 sitting - fast easy read and very engaging! It had been so long since Id had a chance to sit down w a book, I wanted one that was light and clean and easy to read and this fit the bill! Was all of it realistic? No. But it was a cute story. I would have preferred a different pet name for Kate than "Princess" though.
May 05, 2016 Laura rated it it was ok
I think this is the book that finally convinced me that I really do not enjoy Macomber's writing, despite her popularity and prolific book writing. Sometimes I can get into the story and just ignore it, but gosh darn was the writing in this book awful. I didn't empathize with any of the characters, and all of the writing just fell truly flat.
Michael crage
Feb 27, 2016 Michael crage rated it really liked it
This book was not quite up to the standards that I have come to know from Ms Macomber. The ending was known for sure after the first chapter and basically the same things occurred over and over. But there was a lot of good humor in it, and I did enjoy reading the book.
Tara
Jan 01, 2015 Tara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Friends and anyone else wanting a cute simple book
Shelves: guilty-pleasures
Very cute story. Was very well written. I greatly enjoyed it was simple and easy to read. Just what I wanted on my vacation. A simple romance novel that was not too long and easy. I loved it for that reason.
MB
Some might consider this a 'romance' story but I didn't like how he bullied her into the marriage. If he had backed off and 'courted' her with love and affection I could have liked it better. She did eventually realize her feelings for him but his pushing and badgering turned me off.
Paola Hernandez
Jul 01, 2016 Paola Hernandez rated it did not like it
This is the first Debbie Macomb book that I did not enjoy at all. The female lead is so annoying! The entire plot line was predictable and not in a good way. I did not enjoy the hero calling her princess the entire time and wanting to "take care of her". No. It did not work for me at all.
Patti Thormahlen
Fun book

I enjoyed this story I'm going through a bad time in my life and this book allowed me some time out
Gloria
Sep 28, 2014 Gloria rated it really liked it
The sequel wasn't as good as the first "Little Bit of Country" but it was a light read. The main character's stubbornness was just a little off the charts. Make up your mind and deal, lady.
Cindy
Jun 30, 2015 Cindy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: k-l-m
Kate and Luke

Kate and Luke

This a good love story in which Kate fights her love for Luke. She basically puts him through the wringer
Elizabeth
Oct 13, 2013 Elizabeth rated it liked it
Kate Logan the main character in this story doesn't know her own mind . Actually her mind is quite a stranger to her. Finally she figures out what she wants. Nice story.
Jeanne
Feb 07, 2015 Jeanne rated it liked it
This is the story of Kate Logan and Luke Rivers.this is a formulaic little romance where the lady protests too much. Still, a quick, pleasant read.
Brenda L Brooks
Dec 24, 2015 Brenda L Brooks rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story to read!

I have been having a really hard time introduces months being able to concentrate enough to read but this book is just too good to pass up!!!
  • The Bachelor Prince
  • A Baby in the Bunkhouse (Made in Texas: Families of the Lone Star State #2)
  • Hard Lovin' Man (Contemporary Duo, #1)
  • Twilight
  • The Mistress Bride
  • Capital Games
  • Heiress Beware (Dynasties: The Elliotts #6)
  • Against the Odds (Harlequin Blaze, #69)
  • Across A Starlit Sea (Chandlers of Highclyffe Hall, #2)
  • Sex, Lies, and Celluloid
  • The Petrakos Bride
  • Wrong Girl (Wrong Girl, #1)
  • Desert Captive
  • Dark Heritage - Jurang Asmara (James Family #2)
  • Bachelor's Puzzle (Welcome to Tyler, #8)
  • Twin Seduction
  • Arrowpoint (Welcome to Tyler, #7)
  • Winter Roses (Long, Tall Texans #32)
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 950 weeks on the New York Times ...more
More about Debbie Macomber...