Start by marking “Elsie's True Love, Book 5” as Want to Read:
Elsie's True Love, Book 5

Elsie's True Love, Book 5 (A Life of Faith: Elsie Dinsmore #5)

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  473 ratings  ·  12 reviews
'It was not true love,' Elsie managed to say. 'It was all deception. A man in whom I believed had nothing but greed in his heart, yet I couldn't see the truth. He is in prison now, for theft and defrauding another unsuspecting person.' Unbidden tears welled in Elsie's eyes, and she cried out. 'Oh, Mrs. Murray, how can I ever trust my feelings again? How can I ever know the ...more
Published October 1st 2000 by Mission City Press

To ask other readers questions about Elsie's True Love, Book 5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Elsie's True Love, Book 5

I present to you a g-chat between myself and Jasmine which is all the time I shall waste on this book:

Me: Lol
Of the three [from this series that I have read], this is the best

Jasmine: Explicit fellatio?

Me: I actually really like Edward, he's a "rebel" i.e. an abolitionist and a baby feminist
But get this, he's the dude she's going to marry. He's also the dude who wanted to adopt her in book 1

Jasmine: What
How much older?

16 years
Which is not that bad
Except he's her father's best frie
I love Elsie and I hated it when Bromly tricked her in the last book. He deserved to DIE. but anyways, it was a shocker when I finally figured out what was going on between Elsie and Edward, and I kept denying it. But in the end I was really happy. I hate how jackson still isn't dead, but at least the Travilla "Vanilla"'s live happily ever after, for now. Oh, and the book shows the gender steryotypes amazingly well through Elsie's meeting with Mr. Spriggs!
While this book seems to focus on Elsie's True Love, it also emphasizes her adulthood. She begins to learn about her responsibilities as a landowner and slave owner.
Jordyn Evans
I am not a religious person but even I find these books to be enchanting. Elsie is a character that you just cant help but love. Her life as well as love story is captivating. Unfortunately this book series is written for a younger audience, this took away from the book and made it boring at some parts.
Katie Sheetz
This is a great read. I kept thinking Elsie had feeling for Edward and he for her but I was glad to know I was right. They do make an odd couple (16 year age difference), but I still think they are perfect for each other. And the twist with Jackson on the end was a cliff hanger for the next book.
I thought this book was amazing! After waiting so long to read it and receive it, it was better than ever! The whole marriage scene was wonderful! So happy.....
If you ever want to know how a godly woman should be and what she should be looking for in a godly husband then please read this book. Excellent book.
Megan F
Aug 01, 2008 Megan F rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone and everyone
it is okay to be an innocent person, but watch out for those guys that'll break your heart!
One of the best in the series :O
I really enjoyed this book!
Mar 23, 2011 Miriam rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: All Girls
Really good!!
Mackenzie marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2015
Jenna Summers
Jenna Summers marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2015
  • Prairie River: A Grateful Harvest (Prairie River, #2)
  • Glennall's Betrayal (Adventures in Odyssey: Passages, #4)
  • Mandie and the Unwanted Gift (Mandie Books, 29)
  • The Soldier's Lady (Carolina Cousins, #2)
  • God King: A Story in the Days of King Hezekiah
  • Star of Light
  • David Livingstone: Africa's Trailblazer (Christian Heroes: Then & Now)
  • Beorn the Proud
  • The Happy Hollisters and the Mystery at Missile Town (Happy Hollisters, #19)
Martha Finley was a teacher and author of numerous works, the most well known being the 28 volume Elsie Dinsmore series which was published over a span of 38 years. Finley wrote many of her books under the pseudonym Martha Farquharson.

For more information, please see or,
More about Martha Finley...

A Life of Faith: Elsie Dinsmore (8 books)
  • Elsie's Endless Wait (A Life of Faith: Elsie Dinsmore #1)
  • Elsie's Impossible Choice (A Life of Faith: Elsie Dinsmore #2)
  • Elsie's New Life (A Life of Faith: Elsie Dinsmore #3)
  • Elsie's Stolen Heart (A Life of Faith: Elsie Dinsmore #4)
  • Elsie's Troubled Times (A Life of Faith: Elsie Dinsmore #6)
  • Elsie's Tender Mercies (A Life of Faith: Elsie Dinsmore #7)
  • Elsie's Great Hope (A Life of Faith: Elsie Dinsmore #8)