Blank-133x176
Leapfrogging: Harness ...

Soren Kaplan

Leapfrogging: Harness the Power of Surprise for Business Breakthroughs

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Today's business environment demands leapfroggers--those who create rapid, disruptive innovation, not small improvements. A leading innovation pioneer shows that businesses often ignore the very thing that could lead them to game-changing products--the power of surprise.
Published August 1st 2012 by Berrett-Koehler Publishers (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Leapfrogging, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leapfrogging

Tom Herzog
I like these kind of books, especially the real world examples. A nice touch are the questions and suggested actions at the end of each chapter. The personal introspection makes it different than most case study reads, providing a nice change of pace.

- Good team gift to underscore attributes vital in today's workforce.

- Several highlights and books which I'll reference.

- Will go on my mentor list because it deals with the age old issue if we are not willing to rethink, the market will do it f...more
Mohammed alkindy
nice piece of writing, another perspective of looking at surprises, according to the author, all surprises are good in a way, even the not so good, they supposed to be a guide post for better if we know where to look. break through may come from places or time one could not expect. and if people do not follow such posts they may be missing the opportunity to arrive to a surprising break through.
Sterling
I read this as an assignment for my MBA program, and although I usually don't like these kinds of books, I was pleasantly surprised. It was easy to get through and the author used a lot of good examples of current businesses to make his points.

His last two chapters that discussed the effects of fearing failure on future success were especially significant for me. Many of his principles can be applied to both business as well as our personal lives.

If you are looking for a quick but worthwhile bo...more
Wai-kit Ng
To achieve breakthrough, surprise is fundamental. Got that. Can't say much else about the book though.
Andd Becker
The book can be used effectively in a business school course.
Hamad Al-ibrahim
A great book to read, highly recommend it
Summer Calvert-robbins
Summer Calvert-robbins marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Jihane Hakimi
Jihane Hakimi is currently reading it
Jun 20, 2014
Olga
Olga marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2014
Carrie Cloud
Carrie Cloud marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
Tahsin Aznavuloglu
Tahsin Aznavuloglu marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2014
Juliana
Juliana marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2014
sarahassan
sarahassan marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2014
Jon Kwok
Jon Kwok marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
Jena
Jena marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2013
Jessi
Jessi marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2013
Shailesh Borikar
Shailesh Borikar marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2013
Chris
Chris added it
Oct 25, 2013
Phillipe
Phillipe marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2013
Mohamed Shaaban
Mohamed Shaaban marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2013
Anshul
Anshul marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2013
Aatiya Shaikh
Aatiya Shaikh marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Leapfrogging: Harness the Power of Surprise for Business Breakthroughs Leapfrogging: Harness the Power of Surprise for Business Breakthroughs