Start by marking “More Than Money: Questions Every MBA Needs to Answer: Redefining Risk and Reward for a Life of Purpose” as Want to Read:

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  64 ratings  ·  7 reviews
From the author of New York Times bestseller Making a Life, Making a Living and the man BusinessWeek calls the "Savior of Business School Souls" comes the MBA student's guide to redefining risk and reward--helping readers identify and formulate what a meaningful life looks like for them.
Published October 17th 2008 by Berrett-Koehler Publishers (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about More Than Money, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about More Than Money

Greg
Albion, as part of his life's work, has provided readers with a much needed reminder that money can never be an end goal, but only a means to an end. The purpose and use of money is a far more important thing to work toward, and serious contemplation of those end goals is a much needed change for many business students, both graduate and undergraduate. Like so many people, it took a life and death situation to awaken Albion to this "true north" principle. Now he has made that the purpose of the ...more
Rohan Rajiv
This is one of 3 books that I read before starting out on my MBA. This is a good book and written with all the right intentions.

However, it failed to make an impact on me just because I'd read "How will you measure your life?" by Clayton Christensen - which, I found more more comprehensive in terms of thinking about your impact on the world.

Top Learning: Think long term when thinking about your post-MBA career
Adarsh Seetharam
Good read for anyone who is contemplating an MBA or has just graduated from an MBA program on career choices.
Mckinley
Idea of book is "what will your contribution be?" How your work will fit in with your life.
Not to get caught up while in MBA program.

1. Who are you? - don't get really good at what you don't want to do, list to the little voice inside, broaden your vision of life
2. What do you want? know how to you measure success, get attitude about $ right, don't treasure trash and trash treasures
3. What can you do? creating values, keep risk low, don't defer your life plan
4. Where are you going? purpose is mo
Scott
Good read for me, particularly at this point in my life/career. It's a relatively short book (~100 pages), but it provides a lot of good food for thought. I'm planning to revisit the ideas and questions that resonate with me the most in the near future, taking my time to think and write about some of the more relevant ones.
Lisa
Great book for MBAs who are ready to reflect on career choices...to stop following money as the top priority. Mark's experiences as a Harvard MBA professor gave him insight into thousands of student's minds. He does a great job at making you think about what you really want out of life.
Josh
Any other future MBA's out there still trying to figure out what to do with their careers? This book isn't the answer, but poses some good questions for you to consider, and may give you some clarity around what to do next.
Shruti
Shruti marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Sam LeVon
Sam LeVon marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Cat George
Cat George marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Ruby
Ruby marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
The Hub
The Hub marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Ujjual
Ujjual added it
Nov 09, 2014
Shadowking
Shadowking marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Kenny Bell
Kenny Bell marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Preeti
Preeti added it
Nov 03, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Definitelydennis
Definitelydennis marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Akhil
Akhil marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Rmariz
Rmariz added it
Jul 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Making a Life, Making a Living®: Reclaiming Your Purpose and Passion in Business and in Life True to Yourself: Leading a Values-Based Business Finding Work That Matters Vivir Y Ganarse La Vida: Recupere Sus Objetivos Y Su Pasión, Tanto En La Vida Profesional Como En La Personal Algo Mas Que Dinero: Preguntas Que Todo Ejecutivo Deberia Contestarse: Redefinir Riesgos y Recompensas Para una Vida Con Sentido = More Than Money