The Twelve Days of Christmas: Unwrapping the Gifts

The Twelve Days of Christmas: Unwrapping the Gifts

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  4 ratings  ·  2 reviews
The twelve days of Christmas follow from December 25 until January 6, the Feast of the Epiphany, the traditional date when the Magi arrived to present gifts to infant Jesus. For many, the meaning of these days is lost. By Christmas night we are saturated with the holiday hype, overfed by music and food, and may already be disappointed that the presents received are not eno...more
Published November 1st 2006 by Cowley Publications

Tom Marsan
Unlike the previous reviewer, I found this an easily accessible means for reflecting on the many ways that my life, and all life is a blessing. Without proper space to let the words marinate and reflect meaning in your life, it's easy to see how one would find this book "abstract, vague or philosophical". I can't think of a better way to start your year.
T Crockett
I like the idea of the book, 12 non-physical gifts to consider in the days following Christmas. But the abstract, vague, philosopher style just doesn't work for me. Couldn't get through the first chapter.
A Practical Christianity: Meditations for the Season of Lent It's Never Too Late: My Spiritual Journey