Start by marking “The Perfect Photo: 71 Tips from the Top” as Want to Read:
The Perfect Photo: 71 Tips from the Top

The Perfect Photo: 71 Tips from the Top

"Perfect" is a purely subjective term when it comes to art. A journey toward the perfect photo is a journey without a defined destination. There are photographs that are technically perfect and others that stand out because of their message or composition. Although the perfect photo remains a matter of taste, it is still something every photographer strives for. With this ...more
Published August 13th 2011 by Rocky Nook

To ask other readers questions about The Perfect Photo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Perfect Photo

Jessica
Dec 15, 2016 Jessica rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
This is an easy to read yet informative book. The information is quite basic, though. If you're very advanced in your photo skills and education, you might not get much out of this book and may just find everything too simple. But I learned a few new tricks that I'm looking forward to trying.
Louis
Sep 29, 2011 Louis rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: photography
Obviously, The Perfect Photo is mis-named. At a mere 128 pages, this is a pocket book and it is not attempting to be the modern day counterpart of Ansel Adams series on photography or Photography by London and Upton. But what is it? It purports to be a set of simple tips for any photographer, regardless of equipment. However, while the tips are indeed the classic ones that every photographer needs to learn, this book is harder to use for the beginner than it needed to be. It tries to be all thin ...more
Douglas Larson
I agree with other reviewers in that the substance of each of the topics of this book is light and given the light treatment of each topic, I suspect the intended audience is for beginner photographers. But there are spots where it does seem to imply that the reader has some knowledge already and as another reviewer commented, seems to assume the reader is a DSLR user.
Still, I find the book does serve a purpose. Each of the 70 tips presented, is done in a format where a problem is stated with a
Teena in Toronto
Sep 06, 2013 Teena in Toronto rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I have three cameras ... a Canon point-and-shoot that is usually in my purse, a Nikon D5100 DSLR along with some lenses, and a Nikon CoolPix (that's in between the two) that I use often. Needless to say, I take a lot of pictures. Gord and I took some classes last year to learn how to (1) use our cameras in other than auto mode and (2) take photographs, not just pictures.

I'm still an amateur and like reading photography books to see what professionals take pictures of and how they do it.

This boo
Madeleine
Apr 07, 2014 Madeleine rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
Meh.

I learned a couple of new things, got a couple ideas, jotted down a couple things to Google further. But (despite liking this as I was reading the initial tips) I have to agree with the other commenters. It's a weird mix of very technical and very basic. For my personal needs and level of knowledge, it really didn't work: the tech stuff (flash lighting and camera/lens stuff) was too technical, and the composition stuff was generally too basic.

Oh well. I'm glad I read it...getting a couple of
GlenK
I've been a for-pleasure photographer for years and years but still find collections of tips to be valuable (the best, to my mind, are the volumes Scott Kelby has put together). This book of 71 tips is a mixed bag (there were 9 that I found interesting) and seems most oriented to the beginner. In it's favor, this book discusses and defines basic concepts, acknowledges the use of many types of cameras and editing software, and includes some nice photos.
Sam
Sam rated it it was ok
Feb 21, 2015
German Dominguez Montes
good tips to keep in mind
Ozden ugur
Ozden ugur rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2016
Dan
Dan rated it it was ok
Mar 20, 2013
Jessie
Jessie rated it it was ok
Jul 04, 2013
Kristy Lester
Kristy Lester rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2014
Melanie
Melanie rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2015
Jen
Jen rated it it was ok
Sep 13, 2015
Brian
Brian rated it liked it
Feb 23, 2014
Brad
Brad marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2015
Oskar Rosenberg
Oskar Rosenberg is currently reading it
Feb 07, 2016
Karen
Karen added it
Mar 29, 2016
Eleonora
Eleonora marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2016