Marvin Wanted MORE!

Marvin Wanted MORE!

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  19 reviews
A board book version with a fluffy front cover of this hugely popular picture book, featuring Marvin the sheep who just doesn't know when to stop.
Published May 25th 2010 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Marvin Wanted MORE!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marvin Wanted MORE!

Bridie Atkinson
Marvin doesn't like being smaller than the other sheep so he eats until he's bigger than them. The only problem is, Marvin doesn't know when to stop! This is an essential addition to any child's library. It’s sharp and funny - an antidote to all the soppy children's stories out there. Plus, the illustrations are colourful and fun. Most of all it has a secret message inside - self improvement can go to far!
Melissa Allen
Marvin wanted more is a fantastic picture book that demonstrates various values throughout. The book tells the story of a small sheep named Marvin; he wants to be bigger just like the other sheep but this soon spirals out of control! It combines amazing pictures a great story line and engaging language. I used this book to during an interview before with a year 2 class. They absolutely loved it and I know of adults who are equal as excited by the book. I would defiantly recommend this for whole...more
Aoife
Jubeda
Marvin wanted more, by Joseph Theobold.

A friend introduced this book to me recently. Absolutely loved it; a real pleasure to read the first time.

The story begins with Marvin, a not so happy sheep! He is far smaller compared to the other sheep, can’t jump as high and is most definitely not as fast as them. So he decides to eat and eat and eat till there is nothing left to eat. Of course by now Marvin is just far too big and has realised that he has taken a step too far. What went in has to come...more
Nicole Bishop
Marvin Wanted More is a funny book about a sheep called Marvin who isn't happy because he is smaller than the other sheep, and he cant run as fast or jump as high as them. So he decides to eat, but however much he eats he still wants more! I enjoyed this book as it was entertaining and had colorful illustrations throughout. I feel that children aged between 3-6 years old would enjoy this book being read to them.
Rachel
I picked this up for my son for summer reading because it looked cute. It reminded me of "The 300 Pound Cat" that I used to read as a kid. Marvin the sheep was sad because he wasn't as big as the other sheep and couldn't run and jump like they could. So he started eating and didn't stop. He ate trees and mountains, and drank up lakes. Soon he started gobbling up countries until he jumped up on the moon and ate the world. But then he was sad again and missed his friend Molly. So he threw up every...more
Dana
My kids, husband and I all love this book! In this book, Marvin, the little sheep wants to be a big sheep, so he eats a lot. And he gets bigger. And bigger. And BIGGER. The illustrations are cute and the story is obnoxiously funny. We even nicknamed our fat white cat Marvin after the sheep in the book. I highly recommend this book!
Dana
My whole family loved this book! It is rather odd, and a bit creepy, but we love that Marvin the lamb ate the whole world and then barfed it back up. Does that make us odd and creepy too? It is a really funny, cute book.
kelly
The characters and art are great. The story is wonderfully portrayed. The Message: If you get too greedy, you'll lose it all.
Robyn
Short story with great illustrations and an even greater message for kids, be happy with who you are!
Aisya
i liked it when marvin's friends got stuck in the tree.. and when he ate the tv and the mosque!
Angela
Far-fetched story with a bit of a gross-out factor towards the end. Nice illustrations.
Teresa
Funny book! Mom guessed the ending before we got to it.
Siobhan O' Sullivan
I love this story!! morals and imagination!
Syd
it's a funny sheep book of a greedy sheep.
Robyn Emms
I love this book. It is AWSOME
Kat
So, so niedlich!
Lettie
Lettie added it
Jul 21, 2014
John
John marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Meena
Meena marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Marvin Gets MAD! Marvin and Molly Arthur's Fantastic Party: Band 06/Orange (Collins Big Cat) Adec G 3 Volume C When Arthur Wouldn't Sleep Workbook