Start by marking “The Prime Minister's Brain” as Want to Read:
The Prime Minister's Brain

The Prime Minister's Brain (The Demon Headmaster #2)

3.64  ·  Rating Details  ·  217 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Everyone at school is playing the new computer game, Octopus Dare - but only Dinah is good enough to beat it. As it begins to take hold, Dinah realizes that the game is trying to control her. But why is it happening, and how is the Demon Headmaster involved?
Paperback
Published November 19th 1987 by Puffin Books (first published June 25th 1985)

To ask other readers questions about The Prime Minister's Brain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Prime Minister's Brain

JK
Jun 16, 2015 JK rated it really liked it
The sequel to The Demon Headmaster! I enjoyed this one a great deal more than its predecessor.

The computer game plotline dragged me right into the book when I was younger, and it did this time too. The book was written in the 80s, and reading the descriptions of these old-fashioned computers the characters were using was quite amusing. I loved that Cross made Dinah carry one of these monumental contraptions across London on the tube. She must have been having a laugh. No one used a mouse either
Sally
Oh man, the TV series of this was so awesome! I remember being sick in bed and having a portable TV in my room so I could watch it in the mornings without getting up. Sweeeeet. (Except to turn the TV on, no remote.) (We only had one TV at a time growing up, but one year it half-died and we sent it off to be fixed, and my mother hired a small one to tide us over. It was hire by the month, and we got our set back within the week, so for the rest of that month I had the spare in my room.)
Edward Davies
THE DEMON HEADMASTER
Such a simple idea that every child has imagined before and since - that one of their teachers is evil - is executed expertly for the children's market by Cross. It's just a shame these peaked in book two.

THE PRIME MINISTER'S BRAIN
My favourite in the series (for some reason the first one I read), this uses the unlikely concept of computers - something that was relatively new to shcools - as the Head Master's latest scheme for controlling kids.
Veronica
I brought this book home from the library for my sister to read (it is the 2nd in the Demon Headmaster series. Before this I had brought home the 1st in the series on tape so I thought she may like to read this one) but she thought it was too difficult so I ended up reading it.
Edward Davies
Jan 29, 2015 Edward Davies rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-reads
Sean Randall
Mar 16, 2013 Sean Randall rated it liked it
I'd never actually read this one before. I would have enjoyed it if I had though, and given the time of release I can see how the modernity would have captured kid's minds.
Hazel
Jan 07, 2011 Hazel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nowhere near as enjoyable as when I was ten, but a fast easy read, perfect for the nostalgia trip I fancied!
Matthew
Apr 18, 2013 Matthew rated it really liked it
awesome
Amy Coffey
Amy Coffey rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2016
Lindsey Kriel
Lindsey Kriel marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2016
Vashka
Vashka added it
Jan 18, 2016
Danielle Miller
Danielle Miller rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2016
Taylor Doty
Taylor Doty is currently reading it
Jan 12, 2016
Zara
Zara rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2016
TW Greenaway
TW Greenaway rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2016
Su Osborne
Su Osborne rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2016
Sky Livesey
Sky Livesey rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2016
Karina
Karina rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2015
Allison Saunders
Allison Saunders marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2015
Jon Bate
Jon Bate rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2015
Cynthia Prieto
Cynthia Prieto marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2015
ykim22
ykim22 is currently reading it
Dec 15, 2015
Hala
Hala rated it it was amazing
Dec 12, 2015
Bhavik
Bhavik rated it liked it
Dec 12, 2015
Rob Keeley
Rob Keeley rated it it was amazing
Dec 08, 2015
Andrew Griffiths
Andrew Griffiths rated it liked it
Dec 04, 2015
Lydia
Lydia rated it liked it
Nov 21, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Halfway Across the Galaxy and Turn Left (Zyrgon, #1)
  • The Tunnel Behind the Waterfall (The Magician's House Quartet, #3)
  • Goggle-Eyes
  • The Brass Dragon
  • More Adventures on Willow Farm
  • The Timekeeper (Finders Keepers, #2)
  • Railhead
  • The Extremes
  • Doctor Who and the Monster of Peladon (Target Doctor Who Library)
  • Tragedy Day
  • Original Sin
  • Doctor Who: Planet of Fire (Target Doctor Who Library, No. 93)
  • In the Path of the Storm (Farthing Wood, #6)
  • Sophie Is Seven (Sophie, #5)
  • Grinny
Gillian Cross was born Gillian Arnold in 1945. She was educated at North London Collegiate School, Somerville College, Oxford and the University of Sussex. Although now a full-time writer who often travels and gives talks in connection with her work, she has had a number of informal jobs including being an assistant to a Member of Parliament. For eight years she also sat on the committee which adv ...more
More about Gillian Cross...

The Demon Headmaster (6 books)
  • The Demon Headmaster