Start by marking “A Hero's Throne” as Want to Read:
A Hero's Throne

A Hero's Throne (Ancient Earth Trilogy #2)

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  84 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Knights of Ennor the time has come to awake. Rise up to fulfill your secret oath and sacred duty.

The Ancient Earth Trilogy, #2

Deep beneath the streets of England lies another realm . . . one few in our modern world know exists. Daniel and Freya, however, know it all too well. Eight years ago, these friends first journeyed through portals into the hidden land of Nioergeard
Published January 1st 2013 by Thomas Nelson (first published December 19th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about A Hero's Throne, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Hero's Throne

Ryssmiles
First, I must say that this is NOT a stand alone novel. If you haven’t yet read The Realms Thereunder, book one in the series, then you can read my review at http://landofmysojourn.net/blog/?p=9178.

If you have read The Realms Thereunder, then prepare to be reunited with its cast of characters as the saga continues. In this fascinating sequel there is character growth and character decline. New children enter into the tale as dark myth and legend move into modern day.

I found the pace of A Hero’s
Robert Treskillard
Ross Lawhead's second book is an excellent addition to his Ancient Earth trilogy, and ups the ante with lots of twists and turns.

Not only do we learn about the past history of this fascinating underground world (and the dimensions beyond), but we also begin to understand the true depth of what's at stake.

Like a shark circling in the water, the dangers close in upon the characters, until ... but I won't give away the surprise ending!

Needless to say, I'm looking forward to Ross's epic conclusion
Stephanie
I wish it was possible to rate a book like you rate a hotel -- numbers of stars for various aspects of the book, not just for the book in its entirety. From this perspective I would have given the book a range of stars. But.... generally speaking, as a whole, I really enjoyed this book. I hope Ross Lawhead has plans to write more novels as I would happily purchase them. I am a huge fan of history and historical fiction, so my favorite aspect of this book was that he, to quote RL himself, "...pul ...more
Victor Gentile
Ross Lawhead in his new book “A Hero's Throne” Book Two in The Ancient Earth Trilogy published by Thomas Nelson returns us to the world of Nidergeard and Daniel Tully and Freya Reynolds.

From the back cover: “Knights of Ennor—the time has come to awake. Rise up to fulfill your secret oath and sacred duty.”

Faye
Freya and Daniel, with their newfound companions continue on their quest to awaken the sleeping knights in their mission to save the world, from the dark forces below.

Ok, first of all I want to tell you that it is VERY important to read the first book in the trilogy before picking this one up, because it picks up instantly after the last one. Even though I had read the first book in the series, I still found myself confused for quite some time because I had read the first book 2 years ago, and I
Frank Peters
While now quite as good as the first book in the series, this was a certainly a good middle book. Building on the first book, relatively few new characters were introduced (which I think was a good thing), while many new situations and ideas were introduced with almost no explanation. This made the book confusing, but also lead nicely to the third and final book of the series.
Cliff
It is very hard for me to give five stars. That being said it was hard not to give this book five stars. I enjoyed this book enough that during the busiest time of my year (and with a baby due at any time),I read it in six days. Thank you Ross Lawhead for this literary offering. I am very much looking forward to book 3.
Harla
I started reading Ross Lawhead's books because I really liked his fathers books. I do not think he is the writer his dad is yet but maybe one day... This book was okay. Not great but not bad either. On to the next one.
Pattie
It seems that this is typical of a second book in a trilogy...left more questions unanswered than answered. I will definitely read the next installment.
Pastor Don
Great book but its the between book in a trilogy so I'm stuck awaiting an ending.
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2015
David Sims
David Sims marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
Bobby Corry
Bobby Corry marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Kaylene
Kaylene marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2015
Marilyn Maxwell
Marilyn Maxwell marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Rebekah Rowland
Rebekah Rowland marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Leensey L.
Leensey L. marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
Theresa Barkasy
Theresa Barkasy marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Alexis
Alexis marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
Ryan Wirsing
Ryan Wirsing marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
Peter Way
Peter Way marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
Jody Mena
Jody Mena marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
  • The Shadow Lamp (Bright Empires #4)
  • Truth Runner (Son of Angels, #4)
  • Spark (Swipe, #4)
  • The Restorer's Son (The Sword of Lyric #2)
  • Blaggard's Moon (Prequel to the Trophy Chase Trilogy)
  • True Story (Diary of a Real Payne, #1)
  • Lost and Found (Rock Harbor Search and Rescue #2)
  • Truth (Makilien, #1)
  • The Enclave
  • J.R.R. Tolkien
  • Gallimore
  • Childless
  • Shadows of Ecstasy
  • Return to Alastair (Tahn Dorn #2)
  • The Charlatan's Boy
202875
Ross Lawhead comes from a literary household and has written since he could hold a crayon. He has collaborated with his father on a trilogy of speculative fiction, written and illustrated a graphic novel, and published two volumes of "awful" poetry in a series called "The Colour Papers." He lives in Oxford and this is his first full-length novel. For more on Ross' musings on comics, movies, books ...more
More about Ross Lawhead...

Ancient Earth Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Realms Thereunder (The Ancient Earth, #1)
  • The Fearful Gates (Ancient Earth Trilogy #3)
The Realms Thereunder (The Ancient Earth, #1) The Fearful Gates (Ancient Earth Trilogy #3) The Colour Papers Hero: Volume 1 (Hero Graphic Novels #1-4) Hero