Start by marking “A Hero's Throne” as Want to Read:
A Hero's Throne

A Hero's Throne (Ancient Earth Trilogy #2)

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Knights of Ennor the time has come to awake. Rise up to fulfill your secret oath and sacred duty.

The Ancient Earth Trilogy, #2

Deep beneath the streets of England lies another realm . . . one few in our modern world know exists. Daniel and Freya, however, know it all too well. Eight years ago, these friends first journeyed through portals into the hidden land of Nioergeard
Published January 1st 2013 by Thomas Nelson (first published December 19th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about A Hero's Throne, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Hero's Throne

Ryssmiles
First, I must say that this is NOT a stand alone novel. If you haven’t yet read The Realms Thereunder, book one in the series, then you can read my review at http://landofmysojourn.net/blog/?p=9178.

If you have read The Realms Thereunder, then prepare to be reunited with its cast of characters as the saga continues. In this fascinating sequel there is character growth and character decline. New children enter into the tale as dark myth and legend move into modern day.

I found the pace of A Hero’s
Robert Treskillard
Ross Lawhead's second book is an excellent addition to his Ancient Earth trilogy, and ups the ante with lots of twists and turns.

Not only do we learn about the past history of this fascinating underground world (and the dimensions beyond), but we also begin to understand the true depth of what's at stake.

Like a shark circling in the water, the dangers close in upon the characters, until ... but I won't give away the surprise ending!

Needless to say, I'm looking forward to Ross's epic conclusion
Victor Gentile
Ross Lawhead in his new book “A Hero's Throne” Book Two in The Ancient Earth Trilogy published by Thomas Nelson returns us to the world of Nidergeard and Daniel Tully and Freya Reynolds.

From the back cover: “Knights of Ennor—the time has come to awake. Rise up to fulfill your secret oath and sacred duty.”

Faye
Freya and Daniel, with their newfound companions continue on their quest to awaken the sleeping knights in their mission to save the world, from the dark forces below.

Ok, first of all I want to tell you that it is VERY important to read the first book in the trilogy before picking this one up, because it picks up instantly after the last one. Even though I had read the first book in the series, I still found myself confused for quite some time because I had read the first book 2 years ago, and I
Frank Peters
While now quite as good as the first book in the series, this was a certainly a good middle book. Building on the first book, relatively few new characters were introduced (which I think was a good thing), while many new situations and ideas were introduced with almost no explanation. This made the book confusing, but also lead nicely to the third and final book of the series.
Cliff
It is very hard for me to give five stars. That being said it was hard not to give this book five stars. I enjoyed this book enough that during the busiest time of my year (and with a baby due at any time),I read it in six days. Thank you Ross Lawhead for this literary offering. I am very much looking forward to book 3.
Harla
I started reading Ross Lawhead's books because I really liked his fathers books. I do not think he is the writer his dad is yet but maybe one day... This book was okay. Not great but not bad either. On to the next one.
Pattie
It seems that this is typical of a second book in a trilogy...left more questions unanswered than answered. I will definitely read the next installment.
Pastor Don
Great book but its the between book in a trilogy so I'm stuck awaiting an ending.
Mharliza Enriquez
Mharliza Enriquez is currently reading it
Dec 16, 2014
Audrey
Audrey marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie is currently reading it
Dec 10, 2014
Trisha K.
Trisha K. marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Robert Smith
Robert Smith marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Patrick
Patrick marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Agatha Ding
Agatha Ding marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Tayler Gallant
Tayler Gallant marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Stephen
Stephen marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Alyssa Faith
Alyssa Faith marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Meaghan
Meaghan marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Niko Balkaran
Niko Balkaran marked it as to-read
Brittany Kay
Brittany Kay marked it as to-read
Maggie
Maggie marked it as to-read
D Neidig
D Neidig marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Shadow Lamp (Bright Empires #4)
  • Spark (Swipe, #4)
  • The Restorer's Son (The Sword of Lyric #2)
  • Lost and Found (Rock Harbor Search and Rescue #2)
  • True Story (Diary of a Real Payne, #1)
  • Rebels (Safe Lands, #3)
  • The Hand That Bears the Sword
  • The Charlatan's Boy
  • The Advocate
  • Childless
  • I Am Ocilla
  • Shadows of Ecstasy
  • The God Hater
  • Return to Alastair (Tahn Dorn #2)
  • Noah Primeval (Chronicles of the Nephilim Book 1)
202875
Ross Lawhead comes from a literary household and has written since he could hold a crayon. He has collaborated with his father on a trilogy of speculative fiction, written and illustrated a graphic novel, and published two volumes of "awful" poetry in a series called "The Colour Papers." He lives in Oxford and this is his first full-length novel. For more on Ross' musings on comics, movies, books ...more
More about Ross Lawhead...
The Realms Thereunder (The Ancient Earth, #1) The Fearful Gates (Ancient Earth Trilogy #3) The Colour Papers Hero: Volume 1 (Hero Graphic Novels #1-4) Hero