Start by marking “Minecraft for Dummies, Portable Edition” as Want to Read:
Minecraft for Dummies, Portable Edition

Minecraft for Dummies, Portable Edition (For Dummies)

4.27  ·  Rating Details  ·  270 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Craft yourself an amazing game of Minecraft!

More than just a game, Minecraft consists of players using an avatar to create or destroy various types of blocks, form fantastic structures, create artwork, and do much more, all in a three-dimensional environment and across various multiplayer servers in multiple game modes. With this fun and friendly beginners guide, you will
Published January 25th 2013 by For Dummies (first published January 22nd 2013)

David Cordeiro
Jan 29, 2013 David Cordeiro rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Minecraft Players, Parents of Minecraft Players
I was able to download the electronic book from Wiley even though it has not yet been made available to other outlets. I have a personal relationship with the author, but I am also a long term gamer and I have to say that this an excellent guide to players (and their parents who are trying to understand this strange new world their kids can't stop talking about).
Bradye4
Dec 04, 2013 Bradye4 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Without this book I would still be stuck in the cave. I almost ran out of food had to defend myself from zombies and skeletons, without this book... I wouldn't be here today. Now I am at bed rock were I lay, mining mining, mining all day. Till I come home to eat dinner with my Horse. Then when the night is winding down there is a creeper looking in my window, THE END. I now am nomadic, walking around looking for a new horse and place to call home, also food would help too though.
Ethan Chang
Actually, I haven't read it, but I would want to read it. But, i do recommend that you check out this book, and tell me if this is a good book
Dave Roberts
Nov 01, 2015 Dave Roberts rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am reviewing the book Minecraft For Dummies by Jacob Cordeiro which is a good book.Minecraft is a low resolution game played over a network daily. The graphics are quite poor to this game that I think is mostly open source in origin and has versions of it available for all the major consoles. The basic essence of the game is you are mining for some kind of mineral presumably and there are all sorts of mineral presumably and there are all sorts nasties lurking around and you have to avoid them. ...more
David Roberts
May 23, 2014 David Roberts rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book I read to research this post was Minecraft For Dummies by Jacob Cordeiro which is a very good book that I bought on kindle. This book is a For Dummies portable edition so is only around 150 pages but it is a very interesting book. It's about a game called minecraft which is available as a retail game for both the computer and the xbox 360 and in addition can be played as an online game with both a free basic option and a premium paid option with more features. It can be played as both a ...more
CE
Jan 30, 2014 CE rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Having a simple "For Dummies" book greatly helped my 8yo figure out how the game worked and what it entailed. This reference guide is great for younger kids since you can comfortably hand them a copy to sit and read without worrying about the crude language and raunchy behavior found in online videos and other tutorials. He's only had the book a month but he's already worn out the spine.
Akshay
Sep 11, 2013 Akshay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an EPIC BOOK TO READ (If you want to learn to play minecraft). This book basically teaches everything you need, from punching the hell out of trees, to slashing at a dragon with enchanted diamond swords! I learned a lot from this book, and that's why I know how to play.
Master
Dec 02, 2013 Master rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great book to learn ho to play and for a quick look up
Jack
Sep 11, 2013 Jack rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I RUV DIS BOOK.
Robbie
Oct 26, 2013 Robbie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
it is helpful
Doc Kinne
May 18, 2015 Doc Kinne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very nice, compact introduction to the game. Not a lot of depth, but you shouldn't expect that of a pocket edition. Like most books of this type, it concentrated on the PC edition, but did mention the others.
Owen
Mar 24, 2016 Owen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
told me tons of tips bout the End!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great Guide!
Carey Gibbons
Aug 21, 2014 Carey Gibbons rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am terrible at Minecraft. This book helped me understand it a bit better. But the important thing is that I now know you can eat zombie flesh, ride pigs, and travel to Hell. This game is terrifying.
Janaya
Feb 01, 2015 Janaya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very helpful tips to start mine craft with.
Sophie
Needed more pictures and seeing as it was a book for beginners it wasn't very clear.
Joshua Mcnicholl
Aug 07, 2013 Joshua Mcnicholl rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
this book was a great help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SPOILER ALERT: YOU KILL THE ENDER DRAGON AND DIE TO THE WITHER. RAGE TIME
Jo
Feb 13, 2014 Jo rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fic
Confusing IMHO.
Johnathan
Jun 02, 2016 Johnathan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: read it again
Recommended to Johnathan by: libary
it was the best thing ever
Evelien
Apr 21, 2015 Evelien rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
this is a very nice book!
PWRL
Jun 01, 2015 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-new
SM
Jonathan Sully
Jonathan Sully is currently reading it
Jul 12, 2016
k
k marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
Amanda Robbins
Amanda Robbins marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2016
Pzavaletac
Pzavaletac marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
Abbey
Abbey rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2016
Yi Zeng
Yi Zeng marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
Angel dolero
Angel dolero marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
This book is perfecto 1 6 Sep 11, 2013 12:12AM
  • Minecraft: A Beginner's Guide
  • Minecraft: Strategy Guide
  • Minecraft: The Unlikely Tale of Markus "Notch" Persson and the Game that Changed Everything
  • The Ultimate Player's Guide to Minecraft
  • Bourbon for Breakfast: Living Outside the Statist Quo
  • True North
  • The Art of Wreck-It Ralph
  • The Minecraft Guide for Parents
  • The Mind-Made Prison: Overcoming Limiting Beliefs and Manifesting Personal Transformation
  • Mythology for Dummies

For Dummies (1 - 10 of 79 books)
  • A Little Bit of Everything For Dummies