Start by marking “The Sharp Solution: A Brain-Based Approach for Optimal Performance” as Want to Read:
The Sharp Solution: A Brain-Based Approach for Optimal Performance

The Sharp Solution: A Brain-Based Approach for Optimal Performance

Train Your Brain to Energize Your Life In The Sharp Solution, Heidi Hanna introduces readers to a brain-based approach to realistic, sustainable energy management that supports a healthier brain, and as a result a healthier, happier body. By engaging our brain, we can strategically re-wire how we operate, creating more energy and improving productivity while simultaneously ...more
Published January 31st 2013 by Wiley (first published January 30th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Sharp Solution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sharp Solution

Donna
May 07, 2015 Donna rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, non-fiction
This one landed on my DNF pile. This wasn't anything new or helpful. And as soon as I hit the first commercial for their website were additional tools could be found, I was out. Believe it or not, that first commericial was before the 45 minute mark. I didn't waste a lot of time on this. It felt like it was going to be a really long infomercial.
Ted
Feb 17, 2014 Ted rated it really liked it
Summary: Food is neither your friend nor your enemy; it is fuel. Maintaining steady blood sugar levels throughout the day is the main purpose of the fuel. Balance and moderation to meal planning and snacking is key. When you take care of the body, brain and mind, your overall performance improves.

Detail:

I have heard Dr. Hanna's work presented in a seminar series (sponsored at the time by Janus Funds). I enjoyed her down-to-earth presentations and the scope of her ideas. I think she does a good j
James Marsh
Feb 10, 2014 James Marsh rated it liked it
the book has some interesting ideas. it goes into a bit of the scene on why our brain acts the way it does, with several suggested techniques on how to work more effectively and deal with stress. it could have explained the science a bit more for the understanding of a lay man, but it was always comprehensible.
Agnese
Aug 03, 2015 Agnese rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: essay
Practical tips to change your habits, destress, and focus on your purposes in life, the goals being to improve your health, energy, relationships and ultimately feel happier: having more energy also means being able to give more to whom we care about. An easy read, with some commonplaces here and there, but efficient in delivering its message.
Phanindra
Jul 08, 2015 Phanindra rated it really liked it
A good book. I already knew most of the concepts (meditation, single tasking etc) but this book provides a nice review in a very readable form. I have attended a talk by the author and she sure is an inspiring lady and this book serves that inspiration too. Recommended!
Jhfrancis01
Jun 14, 2014 Jhfrancis01 rated it it was ok
A rehash of mindfulness with very little substance. The one plus to this book is the author' s ability to simplify the role of the brain vs. what you desire. Otherwise, it was very very light on what to do with only a nibble of activities one can use to calm and focus.
Josh
Sep 02, 2016 Josh rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
De-Stress (e.g. three minutes meditation three times a day), sleep, be active (say, brisk walking), ...
Chris Rudling
Chris Rudling rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2015
Krittima Leekpai
Krittima Leekpai rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2016
Clint
Clint rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2015
Amanda Galath
Amanda Galath rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2014
Hassna
Hassna rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2014
Marc Battista
Marc Battista rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2015
Jennifer rated it liked it
Apr 13, 2016
John
John rated it liked it
Sep 17, 2014
Allyson Lewis
Allyson Lewis rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2016
Anna Morais
Anna Morais rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2014
Dragana
Dragana rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2015
Annie
Annie rated it it was ok
May 04, 2015
Awestruck Curiosity
Awestruck Curiosity rated it liked it
Sep 11, 2016
Alexis
Alexis rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2013
Gaby
Gaby rated it did not like it
Jul 07, 2014
Lea
Lea rated it it was ok
Sep 11, 2016
Brandon
Brandon rated it liked it
Oct 01, 2015
Alex Feinland
Alex Feinland rated it it was amazing
Oct 25, 2014
Calvin Hunt
Calvin Hunt rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2014
Mike
Mike rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2015
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2014
Bret Leifson
Bret Leifson rated it liked it
Jun 27, 2015
Josh Wilcox
Josh Wilcox rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2016