Start by marking “Nobody's Women: The Crimes and Victims of Anthony Sowell, the Cleveland Serial Killer” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Nobody's Women: The Cr...

Steve Miller

On a Thursday evening in late October 2009, Cleveland Police detectives arrived at the home of Anthony Sowell--an ex-Marine and a registered sex offender--to arrest him on week-old rape charges.
But this was no ordinary house, nor would it be a routine arrest. For even though Sowell was not at home, officers knew immediately something was horribly wrong. After initially fi
Published October 1st 2012 by Berkley Books

To ask other readers questions about Nobody's Women, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nobody's Women

Rachel Harry
May 09, 2013 Rachel Harry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I live just outside of Cleveland, so this story was quite a shock to me. It is very well written and gives a lot more information than I got from the local news. It is truly amazing how the Cleveland police treated the family's of the women who went missing.
Tammy
Dec 31, 2016 Tammy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought it was a great book full of details.
Lissa
I lived in Ohio, only a few hours from Cleveland, when Anthony Sowell was arrested. Even though he was a serial killer (and an Ohioan at that), I don't remember him receiving much attention on the news. I remember one blurb about bodies being found in a Cleveland house, and then another about him being arrested, and that was it.

The author delves into why this was, in a way. Stating that because Sowell (much like the Green River killer, although Ridgway still got more press than Sowell, probably
Shari
Mar 25, 2014 Shari rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I try and read a lot of true crime and this book was not put together very well. It went from person to person to person. It never let you get a clear picture of what was going on until the end when he was caught. I do have to say it was so sad how he slipped through the cracks so many times. I feel so bad for the victims and their family. This book just jumped around to much and was somewhat confusing.
Rebecca
Wanted to read this since I live in a suburb of Cleveland. Although it was decent and I read it in a few days, I don't think it is particularly well organized. The trial chapters had too much extra info about people involved that wasn't necessary to include in my opinion. However, it was good to read overall since it is a local story.
Erica
Jan 10, 2013 Erica rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: couldnt-finish
Couldnt finish it. I didnt even make it half way before I stopped. The author jumped around too much, you rarely knew who he was talking about - not that it mattered, you never knew who the majority of the people were anyhow.
Karen Bullock
Sep 15, 2015 Karen Bullock rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: true-crime
Read something on Facebook about his house being haunted which was the whole reason for picking up this book--gruesome & twisted is usually the way a serial killer's mind works & Anthony Sowell definitely fit the bill--is the house haunted?! Still can't say for sure but it has good. Reason to be
Fishface
Jan 17, 2016 Fishface rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Grim, disturbing, hideous story. You come away with only a faint sense of the personalities involved in most cases, but a clear sense of the violence and ugliness that ended these women's lives. And stark, gasping relief for the ones who got away.
Joyce Ortis
Boring at times

The author spent too much time on the histories of the slain women. This book was definitely not a "can't put down book".
Colin Clancey
Colin Clancey rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2015
Kristi
Kristi rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2014
Mickey
Mickey rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2014
Garth Hamilton
Garth Hamilton rated it it was ok
May 30, 2015
Anthony Godfrey
Anthony Godfrey rated it really liked it
Nov 26, 2016
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
May 07, 2016
Melinda
Melinda rated it it was ok
Mar 05, 2016
Wendy D
Wendy D rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2013
Molly
Molly rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2016
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2016
Matthew Mamere
Matthew Mamere rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2016
Tamara Crosby
Tamara Crosby rated it it was ok
Feb 06, 2015
E
E rated it did not like it
Feb 08, 2016
Trish Herrera
Trish Herrera rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2012
Carrie
Carrie rated it it was ok
May 22, 2013
Erin
Erin rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2014
Heather Mathie
Heather Mathie rated it liked it
Oct 30, 2014
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2016
Dixie
Dixie rated it really liked it
May 02, 2015
DeJarnira
DeJarnira rated it liked it
Apr 01, 2014
Suzanne
Suzanne rated it liked it
Oct 11, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Steve Miller is an investigative reporter with 19 years of experience in daily newspaper and magazine reporting. Miller has covered countless trials and murder cases, including serving time as a court and cops beat reporter at the Dallas Morning News and writing about numerous national crimes as a national reporter for the Washington Times, People magazine and U.S. News and World Report. Miller, t ...more
More about Steve Miller...