Start by marking “Inspired by Tozer: 59 Artists, Writers and Leaders Share the Insight and Passion They've Gained from A.W. Tozer” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Inspired by Tozer: 59 ...
Lauren Barlow

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  5 reviews
When A. W. Tozer talked about worship, people listened. Tozer lived and wrote a century ago, casting a vision of authentic faith that has taken root in the hearts of each new generation. Lauren Barlow of BarlowGirl is one who has been prodded by Tozer. Now she and a stellar lineup of artists, writers and leaders who have also been inspired by Tozer have created a book of 6 ...more
Published October 14th 2011 by Regal Books (first published October 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Inspired by Tozer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inspired by Tozer

I was first introduced to the writings of A.W. Tozer while attending Geneva College. At least one of his books was required reading for all students there at that time. I was hooked by his passion for knowing God and growing in godliness.
This book, "Inspired by Tozer," has musings and devotional writings by 59 artists, writers and teachers who have been influenced by Tozer and his books.
I was genuinely excited to read this. I was especially attracted by the subtitle, "59 Artists, Writers and L
I'm not a note taker usually. I read a book, and take mental notes maybe, but I have always been a person that was bothered by notes and underlines in books. This book was so good in so many places that I found myself finding scrap pages wherever I could to take notes on. I almost bought myself a second copy just so I could mark up the parts that were so good.

Each chapter is written by a different person, and in very different styles, so not every chapter is going to blow you away, but there ar
Gary B
I enjoyed reading this over a number of weeks - just a few different readings each day. Some really struck me whereas others didn't strike a chord - but that's the nature of things - as to where we're at, what we need to hear, and different people's experiences and reflections on Tozer and his writings. An interesting part of the book was the bio section at the back - people with a vast array of experiences and ministries. The only thing I didn't like about the book was in the bio section that t ...more
Tozer's words were inspiring and the little devotionals given to each quote were interesting but not overly powerful and the whole thing was a bit of a jumble. I enjoyed it but wouldn't highly recommend it.
Trina Johnson
I kept seeing references to AW Tozer in other books I was reading, so I thought I needed to learn more about him. Wow, he was full of wisdom and God's grace. He inspired a lot of people and changed a lot of lives. Good stuff.
Angela Gutt
Angela Gutt marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2015
Gerry Aguilar
Gerry Aguilar marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2015
John Real
John Real marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Calin marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Thomas Risher
Thomas Risher marked it as to-read
May 31, 2015
Christopher marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Ganice marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Montie marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Denise V.
Denise V. marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Grace marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Bethany is currently reading it
Feb 12, 2015
Bruce Allan
Bruce Allan marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Theresa Marie
Theresa Marie marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
John marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Janelle marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Michael marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Tina is currently reading it
Sep 23, 2014
Dusty Rhodes
Dusty Rhodes marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Ben Johansen
Ben Johansen is currently reading it
Aug 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Inspired by Tozer: 50 Artists, Writers and Leaders Share the Insights and Passion They've Gained from A.W. Tozer