Start by marking “A Year of Blind Dates: A Single Girl's Search for "The One"” as Want to Read:
A Year of Blind Dates: A Single Girl's Search for "The One"

A Year of Blind Dates: A Single Girl's Search for "The One"

Megan Carson went on her first real date at age 27. Some might call her a late bloomer. Her first real relationship lasted about three months, and though Megan did not love Chris, she was heart broken when they broke up. She grieved the loss of the relationship, but even more she grieved the loss of who she was in the relationship. She had never met "Megan the Girlfriend," ...more
Published August 25th 2011 by Regal Books (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about A Year of Blind Dates, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Year of Blind Dates

Madoline
Sep 06, 2013 Madoline rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
If you are not a single female older than 25ish who would like to find a dude to marry sooner than later, don't pick this up. If you you do fit these qualifications, be prepared to be entertained by Megan's funny date stories and her processing the strange journey that is dating, especially that of the conservative Christian variety (but not the Josh Harris variety). You might just eat it like candy as Megan articulates all the crazy thoughts that churn in the head of a single girl. It'll make y ...more
Bree
Jan 01, 2015 Bree rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Despite Megan's rocky dating journey, she conveyed her story in a witty and interesting way. I laughed and cried with her as she went on her quest to find "The One". She recounted many dates that were complete disasters, but the real message was how she emphasized the importance of having a strong relationship with God and finding contentment and joy in being exactly where He wants us at this precise moment in our lives. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and would definitely read it again.
Kay
May 15, 2013 Kay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun light read - just what I needed! I found myself wanting to give the likeable Megan some dating advice to help her out and enjoyed the balance she found between being funny about her dates and maintianing a sense of compassion for the men she met with. Sure, it would be a more entertaining book if it was scathing and cruel, but I'm happy to say that's not her style. It's not mine either. And it's a big part of what make Megan a Good Catch!
Stacey Patrick
Jan 05, 2015 Stacey Patrick rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Soo good

Great read!! Megan describes her adventures in blind dating and all that comes with that. Loved her honesty and desire to follow after God's own heart... and that's what leads her: wanting someone who loves her and Christ. She is very real about the struggle of living in Singleton.
Martha
Jan 03, 2015 Martha rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an interesting book. It was not exactly what I thought it would be. I found it light and full of humor, and heartbreak at the same time.

The journey of a search for a lifetime mate among the seas of dating services was sad in a matter of speaking. I found that the end was slightly confusing and I was unclear as if it was biographical or fiction.
Lora
Hilarious! Something all single girls can relate to.
Toni
Jul 27, 2011 Toni rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was so hilarious and a really good read. I honestly felt like I was reading a book that someone wrote about me! So many similarities to my own life story
April
May 21, 2010 April rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book...hilariously funny, and true to those of us who have had their share of times dealing with heartache and crazy boys who are emotional idiots!! Loved it!!
Amy
Jan 23, 2010 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-me
VERY FUN READ!!! Although, I have been married for almost 19 years, I thoroughly enjoyed Megan's account of what it is like to be a single Christian woman in search of God's best for her life.
MZ
Apr 02, 2014 MZ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
finally finished this book
Halley Juenger
Aug 10, 2012 Halley Juenger rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well written memoir where a girl is able to look at herself and her year of dates through a comical lens.
Jenny
Jul 17, 2011 Jenny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute book about a girl searching for the "one."
Flanno
Nov 12, 2013 Flanno rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian
Ok. I actually got really frustrated because she seemed really "judgy" towards her dates, and really, really desperate. But I guess that's just part of the book. Overall "ok".
Heather Campbell
Easy, wonderful read

Completed in an afternoon, this is a perfect account of navigating dating for the first time as a Christian female.
Aniel
Jul 03, 2012 Aniel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Haha....things done and never thought of
Maria
Maria rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2012
Andréa
Andréa rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2012
Marylin
Marylin rated it it was ok
Jul 14, 2015
Shin
Shin rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2016
Kat Pennylegion
Kat Pennylegion rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2013
Shawnna
Shawnna rated it liked it
Apr 01, 2016
Kate Lawrence
Kate Lawrence rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2016
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2012
Morgan
Morgan rated it really liked it
May 18, 2012
Christine Sarver
Christine Sarver rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2014
Riley Hall
Riley Hall rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2014
Christina Escamilla
Christina Escamilla rated it liked it
Sep 16, 2012
Leslie
Leslie rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2010
Gabriella
Gabriella rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2015
Jen Platek
Jen Platek rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2015

“My non-negotiable list remains short. I want a man who loves God, others and me. That’s it. If he loves God, he will be kind and respectful and thoughtful. If he loves others, he will be a servant, generous and loyal. If he loves me, he will have a sense of humor (he’ll have no choice if he’s going to deal with me—after 20 blind dates), be responsible and romantic.” 2 likes
“I have found contentment and joy in being exactly where God wants me to be, and that is what makes me happy.” 0 likes