Start by marking “Love, Acceptance and Forgiveness: Being Christian in a Non-Christian World” as Want to Read:
Love, Acceptance and Forgiveness: Being Christian in a Non-Christian World

Love, Acceptance and Forgiveness: Being Christian in a Non-Christian World

4.53  ·  Rating Details  ·  73 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
How can the Church be a healing force in the world? In this long-time bestseller now revised and update, authors Jerry Cook and Stanley C. Baldwin suggest that it is only when believers admit their own brokenness that they can love, accept and forgive those who are hurting around them and put out the welcome mat to their community. They offer clear teaching about the Churc ...more
Published August 29th 2011 by Regal Books (first published June 25th 1979)

To ask other readers questions about Love, Acceptance and Forgiveness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love, Acceptance and Forgiveness

Sam Nichols
Aug 16, 2016 Sam Nichols rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jerry tells a ton of great stories and gives great insights into what he believes Jesus aspires for His church.
Pamela
Apr 26, 2015 Pamela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religion
The greatest gift God can give to us is forgiveness, which this is not a greatly practiced ideal in the world in which we live today. When I go into the world as I am now as called by God to help someone this is not easy. I just came out of a situation where I had to go through years of mourning before his death and now the impact of the reality is life changing for me in the present. It is a little ironic how God has given me someone who has been dealing with this for the past three years. We t ...more
Sherri
Apr 26, 2012 Sherri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I believe this book is one that every Christian should read. In fact, I plan to read it about once a year, just to remind myself of how I should treat people and what the church's purpose is. Jerry's illustrations are great and he is an amazing communicator. Here are some things this book addresses:
1. People just need to be loved, accepted and forgiven and unfortunately there are many churches that don't model that.
2. The bottom line is that the church should be a place where people are brought
Karla
May 25, 2012 Karla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an amazing book, easy to read and still very deep. Jerry cook's point of view on spirituality and christianity are radical, powerful and confronting. It takes you back to the heart of christianity and challenges us to get rid of religious senseless practices, to think out of the box of traditionalism and live a coherent life according to jesus' true message which is still relevant now a days and can still change the world.
Rob
Sep 08, 2012 Rob rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: inspiration

A book that came to me at a very good time. I appreciate his points about "church as a field" and "church as a force". I agree with his suggestion of reading the book through and THEN use the study guide the 2nd time through. This book has individual application, yet is probably more for changing the paradigm at the local church level.
Gilbert Paez
Jan 31, 2012 Gilbert Paez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful book covering the topic of loving the churched and unchurched people, based on experience working with the broken (while being made to realize that we are all broken) and not fluffed up theory. Highly recommend it!
Heather Hampton
Jun 06, 2011 Heather Hampton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a wonderful book explaining how to show the love of Christ without compromising what you believe. An amazing book. I am going to have the leadership at my church read this book.
Greg Davenport
Apr 10, 2013 Greg Davenport rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book on how to live as a Christian in your community and how to live TOGETHER as a church in a community to impact for the kingdom of God! Second time I have read it!
Kim French
Dec 18, 2013 Kim French rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A book every Follower of Jesus Christ should read. Feel it should be read more than once.
Grateful to Jerry Cook for writing such a book.
Jerry Mahn
Oct 02, 2012 Jerry Mahn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This book is a classic. One of the best I've read on the call to the church to be Christ to the world. Highly recommended.
Norbert Rodriguez
very nice book.
Robert Guiller
Oct 03, 2012 Robert Guiller rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Incredible!!!!!!
Olivia
Olivia marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Eric
Eric rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2016
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
Tonia Graham
Tonia Graham marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Phil
Phil rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2016
Marilyn
Marilyn marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Paul Holifield
Paul Holifield rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2016
Stevie
Stevie rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2016
Steve Sproat
Steve Sproat rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2016
Matthew Wimer
Matthew Wimer marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
Molly
Molly rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2016
Michael Gibney
Michael Gibney rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2016
Linda
Linda rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2016
Annette Wesolowski
Annette Wesolowski rated it really liked it
Nov 07, 2015
Wendy Badea
Wendy Badea rated it did not like it
Oct 02, 2015
Jyllea
Jyllea marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015