Watchman Prayer: Keeping the Enemy Out While Protecting Your Family, Home and Community

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  79 ratings  ·  7 reviews
WANTED: mothers, fathers, laypeople and leaders to serve as watchmen-sentinels who stand watch on behalf of our families, our churches and our nation. After reading Watchman Prayer, readers who accept this assignment will be equipped to discern the direction of the Lord and the plans of the enemy. They will learn how, with the Holy Spirit's leading, anyone can pray a perim...more
ebook
Published October 1st 2008 by Regal Books (first published March 31st 2000)

Reid
PEOPLE
NEIGHBORHOODS
CITIES
NAT'L LEADERS
The spiritual battle for people's hearts & minds has to be fought with sacrifical, selfless prayer
THE WATCHMAN'S POWER
HOLY SPIRIT
NOT SELF
THE WATCHMAN'S WATCHDOGS...more
Sherri Hayes
Never have I been more aware of the need to pray..... without ceasing than I am today.
I have read Intercessory Prayer by Dutch and Beth Alves book Becoming a Prayer Warrior. This book continues the Watchman type of prayer mentioned in those books. This book helped me see the different roles of a watchman and how to pray within that role. It gave some good Do's and Don'ts as well.
Sue
The subtitle says it all...how to stand guard and protect your family, home, and community. A training manual on prayer using personal anecdotes (his own and others) as well as explanations of the Greek and Hebrew words used in various passages speaking about prayer.
I've read all of his books multiple times and I learn something each time I read one. For me, the language background is interesting and helpful...English can convey such lack of meaning sometimes. I like how he digs down deeper an...more
Bill
I took a really long time reading Watchman Prayer in order to fully absorb some of the meatier chapters. I recommend this book for anyone wanting to enter more deeply into prayer for their family, neighborhood, church, and region.
Marren
An engaging beginning which pulls you in to read about a serious issue. The stories of real experience make the book more captivating and compels one to think about their prayer life.
Poppy Simorangkir
Mar 29, 2008 Poppy Simorangkir rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Poppy by: Natalia Pertiwi
Shelves: christian-book
Membuatku ingin terus berdoa, bersyafaat untuk banyak hal, untuk keluarga, teman, sahabat, sesama dan hal-hal lainnya. Kalau lagi malas berdoa, membaca buku ini bisa membuka hati lagi..
Tim Plett
Jul 08, 2007 Tim Plett rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People wanting to learn more about intercessory prayer
Shelves: prayer
I learned very much about being a watchman in prayer for family, nation and church.
David
Help you understand your place as a watchman!
Antonia
Antonia marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Camille Arizo
Camille Arizo marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Lorine Greene
Lorine Greene marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Barbara Ailes
Barbara Ailes marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Prince E
Prince E marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Jillian Palmquist
Jillian Palmquist is currently reading it
May 20, 2014
Lathonza Stamper
Lathonza Stamper marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Kate Rooney
Kate Rooney marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Catherine Davis
Catherine Davis marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2014
Awaken
Awaken marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2014
Eurileth Dela
Eurileth Dela marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Intercessory Prayer: How God Can Use Your Prayers to Move Heaven & Earth Authority in Prayer: Praying with Power and Purpose The Beginner's Guide to Intercession Becoming Who You Are: Embracing the Power of Your Identity in Christ The Beginner's Guide to Intercessory Prayer