Blank-133x176
Fierce Women: The Powe...

Kimberly Wagner

Fierce Women: The Power of a Soft Warrior

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  79 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Do you ever get the idea that being a godly wife means you need to be a mousy doormat? Be as unnoticeable as a doorknob? Or have a personality transplant?

"Fierce Women: The Power of a Soft Warrior, "smashes that idea. No matter whether you're an extrovert or more introverted-Kimberly Wagner believes women are created to be a compelling force.

You may not see yourself as bea...more
Published August 1st 2012 by Moody Publishers (first published January 1st 2012)

Becca
*I received a free copy of this book through Goodreads' First Reads giveaway*

The gist:
Kimberly Wagner uses her story as a platform to show God's power to bring hope and healing to any marriage in desperation. Though her own marriage was once marked by loneliness and bitterness, she speaks with authority about how God has revived her marriage to show His glory.

What I liked:
I really loved the format of the book. It was an easy read in the sense that I didn't have to put on my "theology hat" to...more
Lindsay
This was a sweet book full of rich encouragement on how to biblically and practically love our husbands well and live as a soft warrior in a culture that tells us to find our identity in our fierceness, independence, and self-centered agendas. We speak our minds and justify our self-pity, and shape our men into our image, our box. We've redefined the 'helper' role. Kim says, "We girls love the helper role! That's what gives me permission to whip my man into shape!"

I loved her definition: "the t...more
Abby
Fierce Woman is not unlike a couple books you've read before. But then, most lessons aren't only learned once. What sets Kimberly Wagner's book apart is that she isn't preaching from the sidelines. Wagner's marriage slogged through the valley of the shadow of death. The scenery's beauty of the other side of the darkness is what inspires her story.

The first few chapters of the book explain what a fierce woman is. She is determined, faithful, disciplined, courageous and devoted. However, it is sa...more
Faith Farrell
"Beautifully Fierce." Isn't that a phrase you would like to describe you?
It speaks of a woman who follows Christ passionately and has no fear holding her back.
It speaks of a woman who will pursue the Kingdom of God boldly and fight for the faith as a warrioress.
It speaks of a woman consumed in God's Cause, giving herself up for Him with no reservations.
Fierce is a good characteristic.
However, the word fierce has other conotations too.
Fierce can quickly turn into arrogant and demanding, prideful...more
Jennifer Short
Growing up in church I was taught the importance of being meek and mild. The verse in First Peter where women should have a gentle and quiet spirit was impressed on me. I wasn’t the most lady-like girl in the youth group and I always thought I was failing to live up to what God expected from me. So when I saw that Moody Publishers was offering Fierce Women: The Power of a Soft Warrior by Kimberly Wagner for review, I couldn’t wait to request it.

The author believes that God has instilled a fierce...more
Rachelle Rea
What I Loved

I'm single and I enjoyed this book, so don't let that scare you away. =)

Even though I approached it with the idea of reading it as a man/woman relationship book instead of strictly a marriage book and found, lo and behold, it is pretty plainly a marriage book, I learned from it.

I don't consider myself a very fierce woman (even though my favorite word has some striking similarities definition-wise with fierce), but as a girl who is still very much growing up, I appreciated this book's...more
Angelyn Vaughan
This book is full of unflinching truth, for which it probably deserves at least 4 stars. But I didn't realize that it would be solely focused on marriage and evolve into the kind of book I've already practically memorized. It strayed from dealing specifically with "fierce" women to addressing marriage in general. I was hoping for more guidance to deal with coworkers, friends, church members, and even strangers with grace to temper my fierceness, but almost all of the content of this book applies...more
Brenda Ripley
This book is a must read! If fact I think it's a must read several times. I will be starting my second read very shortly and will be working through all the "heart issues" diligently. My eyes were opened to how destructive my attitudes and behaviors could be, and reinforced how selfish I have been towards my husband and my marriage. I certainly have not been living out the life of a biblical women but I plan on changing that starting now.
Lucia
Love it!

I'm still very young, and single, but I can relate to almost every fierceness that have been mentioned in this book. I thought it was a good thing, and really, fierce woman has made me realised, rebuked, and challenged my worldy way of thinking on how I should treat my friends (especially boys). It's a blessing to be able to read this book before I even think about marriage, so I can start and train on holding my tongue from now on :)
Heather Denigan
3.5 stars. Just to keep my four-star list from getting too cluttered.
I was impressed. No fluff. Ramblings kept in check. Straight-foward, clear-eyed, and honest. And Wagner deals directly with the enemy at hand--our own fallenness. No rants against feminism or speculations about how Eve felt. She keeps her message to what you need to do today to fight the good fight, use who you are to glorify God, and give your heart wholly to Him.
Shola
This is a good book for women on relationship......informing , researched and inspired by the spirit God. This book will convict you, no matter how long you have been married. Every woman should read this book , either you are in marital Bliss or Blizzard. One can learn from her personal experience and also from her years in ministry....No sugar coating!!, she gives you the truth in chunks....you have to pause to digest.
Becky Pliego
This is the kind of book that for me is hard to rate. On the one hand, Wagner gives good and biblical advice to Christian women; but on the other hand, her writing style is not my favorite (at times it felt as if she were giving a "motivational course.")

So... I would give this book 4 stars based on its content, but only 3 stars (maybe 2) based on her style.

Edy Gies
What a great book! I loved her raw and personal stories that hit home without making the reader feel guilt. She uses God's word very effectively and I learned a great deal from the book. The chapter on a defense of marriage was very well written and I very much appreciated her passionate, yet logical, approach.
Ashley Bigley
This book was easy to read and understand, but very challenging. The author's points are Biblically sound and she speaks from personal experience on how these principles have changed her life. I would recommend this book to any Christian woman who wants to grow in Christ and wants her marriage to be God-honoring.
Karen
I recommend this book to all married women -- or those who plan to be married. I've read it 3 times and will probably need to read it again -- just because I need to do what it says and I am stubborn in doing so. Great book to teach women how to treat their husbands the way God commands.
Urban Mama
Many of the reviews touched on her challenging words and application to marriage. I agree with all of this. I also found very helpful her inclusion of chapters dealing with infidelity on different levels and for different reasons. Author also addresses some hot topics head on.
Paula
Highly recommended for any Christian woman who longs to walk upright before God in every area...especially marriage. So much food for thought, so much hard Truth to look at. You don't have to agree with everything in this book to learn a great deal.”
Hollie D
I didn't always enjoy her writing style (all the acronyms for example) but the advice in this book is solid, practical and encouraging. Good used this book in a mighty way in my own life and I highly recommend it.
Karen
As a strong-willed woman who wants to maximize her gifts for hard work, responsibility, and leadership, but be soft enough to honor the Lord and her husband... I needed this book! So amazing.
Davy
If a wife can only read one marriage book, I think this one would be a good choice. It is Gospel-saturated, honest, and personal.
Julie Beekman
Powerful message for all my daughters and girl friends. Be prepared for soul searching!
Robbi
Oct 13, 2013 Robbi is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Reading this one with discernment.....still not sure about the message.
Lynette Karg
Wish I could have read earlier in marriage!
Kelly Echols
Kelly Echols marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Samantha
Samantha is currently reading it
Jul 22, 2014
Rachel Bullington
Rachel Bullington marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Johnny
Johnny marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Cassie
Cassie marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Jennifer Mcgeady
Jennifer Mcgeady marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
  • Glimpses of Grace: Treasuring the Gospel in Your Home
  • Idols of the Heart, Learning to Long for God Alone
  • Praying Backwards: Transform Your Prayer Life by Beginning in Jesus' Name
  • If
  • Fearless Daughters of the Bible: What You Can Learn from 22 Women Who Challenged Tradition, Fought Injustice and Dared to Lead
  • Hiding from Love: How to Change the Withdrawal Patterns That Isolate and Imprison You
  • Answering the Guy Questions: The Set-Apart Girl's Guide to Relating to the Opposite Sex
  • Girls Gone Wise in a World Gone Wild
  • Humble Orthodoxy: Holding the Truth High Without Putting People Down
  • Feminine Appeal
  • The Shaping of a Christian Family
  • Your Beautiful Purpose: Discovering and Enjoying What God Can Do Through You
  • Why We Love the Church: In Praise of Institutions and Organized Religion
  • Found: God's Will
  • Uncle John's Fully Loaded 25th Anniversary Bathroom Reader
  • A Confident Heart: How to Stop Doubting Yourself & Live in the Security of God's Promises
  • The Intolerance of Tolerance
  • Sitting at the Feet of Rabbi Jesus: How the Jewishness of Jesus Can Transform Your Faith
Fierce Women Sampler: The Power of a Soft Warrior Fierce Women SAMPLER: The Power of a Soft Warrior