Start by marking “Stitch 'n Bitch Superstar Knitting: Go Beyond the Basics” as Want to Read:
Stitch 'n Bitch Superstar Knitting: Go Beyond the Basics

Stitch 'n Bitch Superstar Knitting: Go Beyond the Basics

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  361 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Knitters: It's time to take it to the next level. And who better than Debbie Stoller to show you how. The expert knitter and gifted, edgy author who introduced knitting to a new generation with her "New York Times" bestseller, "Stitch 'n Bitch: The Knitter's Handbook," now shows her readers how to do more lots more.
"Stitch 'n Bitch Superstar Knitting" is the only knitter'
Published November 1st 2012 by Workman Publishing (first published October 15th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Stitch 'n Bitch Superstar Knitting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stitch 'n Bitch Superstar Knitting

Danielle
Finally, a book that explains German Twist cast-on (my favorite, and I've always wondered why it's not in books), and I've learned tubular cast-on (yay)! Other highlights: steeking (eek!), and lots of colorwork (which I'm itching to try). The ssk was finally explained so that I understand why it's done, even though I've been doing it for years. Debbie is just so good at explaining stuff so that I get it.

I've recently started knitting a lot more and reading a lot less (it's easier to watch the li
Ria F
This book is an excellent resource for different knitting techniques. I taught my self to knit, in part using Stoller's Stitch 'N Bitch, and use this book for more advanced help.
Knotty
I think this is probably the most useful of the books Stoller has put out. The instructional part is good for a wide range of people and skill levels. I like more of the patterns than I have from past books. (Plus 41 patterns, that is quite a few!)I would probably buy this book for myself and as a gift for a knitter transitioning to more advanced techniques.
SallyHP
Nov 16, 2008 SallyHP marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I learned to knit properly from reading the first one, so I'm excited to see what new styles I'll learn by reading this version!
Tonileg
I learned to knit with the stitch 'n bitch series about a decade ago so I have a positive discrimination in general.
Always clearly written with step by step instructions, this is a book to go from beginner knitting into the more difficult color techniques with lots of sketches and photos.
There is a huge sweater making chapter to explain all the possible sleeves and sizing options. I'd wear pretty much every pattern in this collection. Tulip top (179) and The life aquatic sweater (202) is super c
Cat Fithian
Decent collection of techniques and patterns. Several techniques were shared for certain things, i.e. how to knit with beads. About a dozen patterns round out the book, including some cool skull patterned things. I like the snarky tone of the prose, but in general feel that it runs on too long. Still, a good addition to the world of knitting info.
Jennie
I think this is better than the first book, though even together they do not add up to a complete compendium of knitting info. A lot of this is really intermediate, not advanced. The illustrations and explanations are clear, and the patterns in this book are much more attractive (to me) than the first one. I have not tried to make any of them, though.
Jen Johnson
another one to buy, for sure. so much in-depth info that i can't make use of it all from the time a library check out gives. stoller's technical illustrations still leave me wanting more, but the text covers so much ground it's hardly a concern for me at this point. also, i love quite a few of the included patterns. hope i can get to them one day!
Ann
While the patterns in the latter half of the book are really so-so, the first half - filled with really well written guides to all sorts of tricky knitting is what makes the book really useful. The hipster-y puns of the first stitch'n'bitch book continue in the pattern names and the patterns themselves, which is slightly offputting.
Liz DeCoster
Great if you want to take your knitting up a knot, no pun intended. Options and suggestions for casting on and binding off, color knitting, beads and buttonholes, and other more fiddly bits for experienced knitters. Also advice for designing your own patterns, which is good, because I wasn't really inspired by the patterns included.
Wendy
I love the patterns in this book! Some are still a bit advanced for me (I haven't worked up to knitting full wearable garments, like dresses and sweaters) but it has a lot of information on how to work with several different colors, intarsia knitting and lace.
Katey Thompson
If you lack a local knitting sensei, get Debbie Stoller. She won't be there to hold your hand, but she does explain things better than any other writer that I've found. Her best book yet with scrumptious patterns, which are also clear and well written.
Kate
Cute patterns (never thought I would be inspired to knit with beads, but after this book, I am) that reinforce the techniques taught in the book...but I don't consider increases, decreases and basic cabling as "advanced knitting."
Lil' Grogan
Good collection of basic skills. Kind of edges into the "beyond", not so much on the patterns. But, on my trek to finding a reference collection, this was not bad. Have used it to check a couple of things along the way.
Desiree
Debbie Stoller's books are fantastic in learning new techniques, those alone were worth the cost of the book. The patterns are also fantastic, separated into sections based upon the techniques (beading, lace, etc.)
Lauren
Well after a few false starts and beginner's errors, I have finished several projects from this book and am thrilled with the results. It took a little time to get used to, but perseverance is the key!
Nanci
Lots of great patterns, about 15 that I would like to make. I would like to own a copy of this one. Many more advanced techniques for the intermediate knitter are clearly explained.

Recommended.
Katherine
Lots of great information and knitting ideas for knitters. These books are fun to read and offer lots of helpful information, plus there are wonderful patterns to inspire any knitter!
Sara
Debbie has done it again! Intarsia explained in a FINALLY understandable way - another witty book with AMAZING patterns - I can't wait to make the lotus bag and the bunny baby blanket.
Hybridhopes
Nov 07, 2010 Hybridhopes marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Want to look at. Most of her books have some cute patterns. I like the way they're written, even if they're not the best knitting books ever. Once I see it, I might pick up a copy.
Erin
Most of the patterns are ones I could see making. Especially the Dutch skirt. And the instructions at the front are great: always nice to see books that go beyond the basics.
Michelle
I love that Debbie Stoller explains the technical stuff clearly. But I'm disappointed that some of the patterns are available online for free.
Anna
Just got this for Xmas... Time to take my knitting to the next level I guess. That's what I get for knitting socks for my sister for christmas!
Kym
the patterns are pretty and well written, but not for me. the only one i liked was the bunny chart for the blanket.
Naomi
A fantastic follow on from the first book. Makes the techniques look so easy! Some fantastic project patterns too!
Polly
Some really nice patterns, and useful information about some things I mostly ignore, like intarsia.
Stephanie Western
Am so tempted to buy this one, the explanations of complicated techniques are great!
Melissa
Great patterns for the experienced knitter. I think I may have to purchase this one!
Hope
OK. Not fabulous, but some good info
  • Brave New Knits: 26 Projects and Personalities from the Knitting Blogosphere
  • Mason-Dixon Knitting Outside the Lines: Patterns, Stories, Pictures, True Confessions, Tricky Bits, Whole New Worlds, and Familiar Ones, Too
  • Sock Innovation: Knitting Techniques & Patterns for One-Of-A-Kind Socks
  • French Girl Knits
  • Knit to Flatter: The Only Instructions You'll Ever Need to Knit Sweaters That Make You Look Good and Feel Great!
  • Fitted Knits: 25 Designs for the Fashionable Knitter
  • Sock Yarn One-Skein Wonders: 101 Patterns That Go Way Beyond Socks!
  • Knitting 24/7: 30 Projects to Knit, Wear, and Enjoy, On the Go and Around the Clock
  • Knit. Sock. Love.
  • Modern Top-Down Knitting: Sweaters, Dresses, Skirts & Accessories Inspired by the Techniques of Barbara G. Walker
  • The Knitter's Book of Wool: The Ultimate Guide to Understanding, Using, and Loving this Most Fabulous Fiber
  • Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitter's Almanac
  • Knit 2 Together: Patterns and Stories for Serious Knitting Fun
  • Domiknitrix: Whip Your Knitting Into Shape
  • New England Knits: Timeless Knitwear with a Modern Twist
  • Custom Knits: Unleash Your Inner Designer with Top-Down and Improvisational Techniques
  • Alice Starmore's Book of Fair Isle Knitting
  • The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns
Stoller is the co-founder, co-owner, and editor-in-chief of the third wave feminist, popular culture magazine Bust magazine.
More about Debbie Stoller...
Stitch 'n Bitch: The Knitter's Handbook Stitch 'n Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker Stitch 'n Bitch Nation Son of Stitch 'n Bitch Stitch 'n bitch : a knitter's design journal