Start by marking “Stealing the Bride” as Want to Read:
Stealing the Bride

Stealing the Bride

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  176 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Acclaimed author Mary Wine proves that romance is never hotter than amid the rugged castles of distant Scotland. . .Brawny and brave, Hayden Monroe is a laird in need of a wife and the beautiful Elspeth Leask shall be his. But he must bed her to wed her--and fully satisfy her deepest desires. . .

Praise for the Novels of Mary Wine

"A wonderful summer read." --"RT Reviews" on
Published April 1st 2012 by Kensington Publishing Corporation (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Stealing the Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stealing the Bride

Elaine Mcdonald
I thought when I started this that it would be a good book. I didn't realize it was a novella at first. While the beginning had possibilities the rest was just sex.
Dina
3.5 stars (rounded up to 4 stars, because I'm sucker for a Highlander and Hayden was a hot one)
MelissaB
** 3 1/2 stars **

Short so not as much story and character development but still a decent read.
Jenna Anderson
Since this was my first Highlander romance it is possible a novella was not a good choice. I have lots to learn: traditions, clans, lairds, church rules etc.

The author used aye, nae, lass, and even ye’re. Ye’re?

A fun example of this genre. Sexy, hot scenes. I think I may like men in kilts.
Jackie
This book was a little disappointing. They fell in love too fast. And the book got over even faster.
Susan
An adequate but unexciting typical highlander story that probably would have been great as a full blown novel but suffers from the typical problems associated with the novella format: rushed romance and abrupt ending. The leads, particularly the hero, were very likeable though.
Anastasia
3.5 - I wish it was longer and more developed...
Jen
I think I'm picking books with the cheesiest covers lately! It's one was a bit racy at times, but a good story more or less. It was a short book, only about 150 pages, so a quick read. My only criticism was at I found their speech annoying ("aye", "nae", "ye"), but I guess it's more authentic when they speak that way.
Nicole Laverdure
A beautiful romance story rich with Mary Wine's characters, Hayden and Elspeth, a beautiful strong woman.
If you are a fan of Ms. Wine and then you have read this book. I love this author for her style of writing. You will enjoy every minute with this charming and wonderful story well written again by Ms. Wine.
Donna
Even for a sort story I would have liked a deeper development of character personalities and a more believable natural progression to their relationships. Seems after a few hours and a kiss they were in love. Personalities of supporting characters was unrealistic to the period in my opinion.
Halime Yazıcı
kapağı beni aldattı sanırım. hikaye güzelde bu tarz içeriği daha çok dolu kitap okuduğum için mi çok beğenemedim yine güzeldi
Kenna La Pointe

I love a good Scottish historical and Mary Wine is one of the best
Lissette Hicks
No real chemistry with characters. Felt rushed.
McKenzie
McKenzie marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Pamela Forero
Pamela Forero is currently reading it
Dec 04, 2014
Kelsey
Kelsey marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Kaci
Kaci marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
  • Highlander Unchained
  • The Warrior Laird (Highlander Brothers, #1)
  • Possessed by the Highlander (The MacLerie Clan #3)
  • To Wed a Wicked Highlander (Bad Boys of the Highlands, #3)
  • The Scotsman
  • The Wild Rose of Kilgannon (Kilgannon, #2)
  • Highland Dragon
  • The Highlander's Conquest (Stolen Bride, #2)
  • The Highlander's Sword (Highlander #1)
  • The Dreamer (Highland Treasure, #1)
  • Plaid to the Bone (Spirit of the Highlands, #0.5)
  • My Fierce Highlander (Highland Adventure, #1)
  • Highlander's Challenge (Challenge, #1)
  • Forever Mine
  • Highland Solution
  • Winning the Highlander's Heart (The Highlanders, #1)
207379
Mary Wine has written over twenty novels that take her readers from the pages of history to the far reaches of space. Recent winner of a 2008 EPPIE Award for erotic western romance, her book LET ME LOVE YOU was quoted “Not to be missed…” by Lora Leigh, New York Times best-selling author.

When she’s not abusing a laptop, she spends time with her sewing machines…all of them! Making historical garment
More about Mary Wine...
To Conquer a Highlander (Highlander, #1) Highland Hellcat (Highlander, #2) In Bed With A Stranger (McJames, #1) Highland Heat (Highlander, #3) In The Warrior's Bed (McJames, #2)