Start by marking “Stealing the Bride” as Want to Read:
Stealing the Bride

Stealing the Bride

3.71  ·  Rating Details  ·  293 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Acclaimed author Mary Wine proves that romance is never hotter than amid the rugged castles of distant Scotland. . .Brawny and brave, Hayden Monroe is a laird in need of a wife and the beautiful Elspeth Leask shall be his. But he must bed her to wed her--and fully satisfy her deepest desires. . .

Praise for the Novels of Mary Wine

"A wonderful summer read." --"RT Reviews" on
Published April 24th 2012 by Brava (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Stealing the Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stealing the Bride

Elaine Mcdonald
I thought when I started this that it would be a good book. I didn't realize it was a novella at first. While the beginning had possibilities the rest was just sex.
Dina
3.5 stars (rounded up to 4 stars, because I'm sucker for a Highlander and Hayden was a hot one)
MelissaB
** 3 1/2 stars **

Short so not as much story and character development but still a decent read.
Jenna Anderson
Feb 10, 2013 Jenna Anderson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Since this was my first Highlander romance it is possible a novella was not a good choice. I have lots to learn: traditions, clans, lairds, church rules etc.

The author used aye, nae, lass, and even ye’re. Ye’re?

A fun example of this genre. Sexy, hot scenes. I think I may like men in kilts.
Tasha
Feb 16, 2016 Tasha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was another good book by Mary Wine. She is one of my favorite Highlander authors and this one was no exception. It starts off with Hayden Monroe being forced to choose another bride because his 1st wife and child unfortunately dies. He of course doesn't want another wife because he is still grieving her but his neighbors don't understand his issue. He is approached by a smaller clan Laird that doesn't have much of a dowry for his sister and is offered her attention by handfasting with no st ...more
Jackie
Apr 30, 2013 Jackie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a little disappointing. They fell in love too fast. And the book got over even faster.
Lana Hewitt
Jul 04, 2016 Lana Hewitt rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I flipped the page on my kindle and the book.just ended. This was my first and last book from this author. The love was rushed and totally unbelievable, the book as just stupid. The story was hard to understand, the brother was in one place in one sentence then in the next sentence he was in

N a totally different place. The love scenes were boring and too many unimportant characters were introduced. Just a hard book to understand.
Cheesecake
Hayden and Elspeth. Hayen is a widower who lacks and heir and every neighbouring clan would be happy to foist one of their sister/daughters onto him. Then one neighbour suggests a slightly alternate approach to marriage. Basically he can 'test out' his daughter through a hand fasting (deeply frowned upon by the church). If she bears him a son he must wed her. But, he warns, the girl is spirited instead of biddable. It's the last part that actually gains Hayden's interest. Once he gets to his nei ...more
Tracey Brown
I have read mixed reviews about this one and i haven't read Mary Wine before so i didn't know what to expect,I have to say i was pleasantly surprised.This was a well written Scottish historical and i loved it i liked the writing style and the characters were very well developed considering this was a short novella. I look forward to reading a full length novel by this author and would recommend to historical romance fans.
Margo
May 30, 2016 Margo rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I give this a 3.5 stars. Hot highlander meets headstrong young women whom he wants for his second wife. He even shaves for her. They nearly drown, are discovered in unfriendly territory, she is kidnapped and escapes and loses her virginity in one day. Great sex scenes. But short
Susan
An adequate but unexciting typical highlander story that probably would have been great as a full blown novel but suffers from the typical problems associated with the novella format: rushed romance and abrupt ending. The leads, particularly the hero, were very likeable though.
Tulay Saglamoz
Jun 24, 2015 Tulay Saglamoz rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Boring

Disappointed. It was not fun at all. I was expecting some excitement. It is 1 star book for me unfortunately.
Anastasia
3.5 - I wish it was longer and more developed...
Kimberly Sturtevant
It was a good book, but I wanted more.
Jen
Jul 23, 2013 Jen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think I'm picking books with the cheesiest covers lately! It's one was a bit racy at times, but a good story more or less. It was a short book, only about 150 pages, so a quick read. My only criticism was at I found their speech annoying ("aye", "nae", "ye"), but I guess it's more authentic when they speak that way.
Nicole Laverdure
A beautiful romance story rich with Mary Wine's characters, Hayden and Elspeth, a beautiful strong woman.
If you are a fan of Ms. Wine and then you have read this book. I love this author for her style of writing. You will enjoy every minute with this charming and wonderful story well written again by Ms. Wine.
Halime   Yazıcı
kapağı beni aldattı sanırım. hikaye güzelde bu tarz içeriği daha çok dolu kitap okuduğum için mi çok beğenemedim yine güzeldi
Kenna La Pointe
Aug 27, 2012 Kenna La Pointe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I love a good Scottish historical and Mary Wine is one of the best
Lissette Hicks
No real chemistry with characters. Felt rushed.
Donna
Oct 22, 2013 Donna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
DNF
Wendy Hemingway
Wendy Hemingway rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2016
Kim
Kim rated it liked it
Aug 27, 2016
Audrey Pittman
Audrey Pittman rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2016
Michelle Davis
Michelle Davis marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2016
Brenda
Brenda rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2016
Tina Shrubsole
Tina Shrubsole rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2016
Alexandria
Alexandria marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2016
Joy
Joy rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2016
Monika
Monika marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2016
  • Highlander Unchained (Highlander Trilogy #1)
  • Temptation in a Kilt (Bad Boys of the Highlands, #1)
  • The Warrior Laird (Highlander Brothers, #1)
  • The Scotsman
  • Possessed by the Highlander (The MacLerie Clan #3)
  • Highland Dragon
  • Highlander's Challenge (Challenge, #1)
  • The Devil Wears Tartan
  • A Highlander for Christmas (Children of the Mist, #4.5)
  • The Wild Rose of Kilgannon (Kilgannon, #2)
  • Tall, Dark and Kilted (Highlander #3)
  • The Highlander's Reward (Stolen Bride, #1)
  • The Viscount Claims His Bride
  • Warrior of the Highlands (Highlands, #3)
  • Some Like to Shock (Daring Duchesses, #2)
  • The Highlander's Sword (Highlander #1)
  • Undone
207379
Mary Wine has written over twenty novels that take her readers from the pages of history to the far reaches of space. Recent winner of a 2008 EPPIE Award for erotic western romance, her book LET ME LOVE YOU was quoted “Not to be missed…” by Lora Leigh, New York Times best-selling author.

When she’s not abusing a laptop, she spends time with her sewing machines…all of them! Making historical garment
More about Mary Wine...