B.O.D.Y., Volume 1

B.O.D.Y., Volume 1 (B.O.D.Y. #1)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  2,089 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Everyone thinks 16-year-old Sakura has weird taste in guys because she can't stop drooling over Fuji, the strong silent type who sits next to her in class. When she discovers he works for a host club--where women actually pay men to date them--will she finally wise up? Or will he leave his job to be with her? Or will she take a job at the club so he can quit and she can be...more
Published May 6th 2008 by VIZ Media LLC

Fruits Basket, Volume 01 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 01 by Bisco HatoriVampire Knight, Vol. 01 by Matsuri HinoSkip Beat!, Vol. 01 by Yoshiki NakamuraSailor Moon, Vol. 01 by Naoko Takeuchi
Favorite Shoujo Manga
155th out of 552 books — 1,109 voters
Fruits Basket, Volume 01 by Natsuki TakayaMaid-sama! Vol. 01 by Hiro FujiwaraOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 01 by Bisco HatoriSkip Beat!, Vol. 01 by Yoshiki NakamuraKimi ni Todoke by Karuho Shiina
Great Romance Manga Reads!
65th out of 208 books — 379 voters

More lists with this book...

Noran Miss Pumkin
This manga is a mixed bag of sorts. The writing really shines, and is fresh. The drawing, though is uneven. I am not a huge fan of this wispy style, but this series grew on me-just the girl-Sakura-is just not done as well, as the teen boys. Also-she has the same reaction to him all the time-hit or shove, then run away. The violence, oh her part--is just over the top and uncalled for.

This is your typical shojo. Girl and boy meet-they have some conflict over the attraction/chemistry between them....more
Ashira (Savannah)
Just looking at this manga as it sits on my shelf makes me feel girly...but I feel better after seeing Hell Girl, Kenshin, and Hellsing sitting on the other end.

It's a manga definitely made for those into romance/comedy, cuz even the back tells me that's all it is. I like it, cuz I like romantic comedy and sometimes I need something more relate-able than demons and evil and vampires and such... plus I'm a girl, but that's not the reason I picked up the book.

I give this book a 4/5 because it make...more
Jessica-Robyn
Rating 2.5

Grabbing B.O.D.Y of the shelf, the story seemed cute or at least cute enough to be a fun manga style romance.

The main characters are what made this story for me, with the contrast between them and the twist in how their romance plays out made me interested in seeing where things would go. By the time I finished reading I couldn't tell you the characters names, but there personalities definitely stood out.

Overall, the story was cute and readable, but it felt like it kept jumping all o...more
Destiny
This was a cute little volume. I'm curious to see what happens between Sakura and the main boy. I also liked that the author thought to put the periods in the name of the series name like t.a.t.u. I consider myself to be quite the t.a.t.u. fan and that little addition just tickled me. But I will be getting the next few volumes!
Kayla
Jun 06, 2013 Kayla rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Pretty good manga, but so far it doesn't seem like it will be a favorite or anything. The girl is a typical manga character that over-reacts. Still, I read it in one sitting (although that's not too hard with manga) and am reading the next one too.
Jeannette
I'll give this 2-1/2 stars, because it is a rather predictable high school melodrama, and I don't care for the drawing style. I will pick up another volume, to see where it goes. A lot happened in the first volume, more than I expected.
Usako
Cute story. Typical school setting manga. And yet I am addicted to the series.
Chrissy Allen
This has literally been sitting on my shelf for years. I was going to send it to my host sister in Japan since it was her favorite series back in 2010, but it never was sent and now I don't know where to send it so she gets it (she somewhere off at school now, this is also post earthquake back in 2011 so her family might have moved...). Anyways she wanted me to read it eventually so I've read the first book. I suppose I'll read the rest, I hate leaving stories unfinished and besides it was bette...more
Deborah Takahashi
Ryoko knows what she wants in a man. He has to be athletic, kind, smart, caring, and dark haired. Although she has never had a boyfriend, she knows that her first kiss will be with the man she falls in love with. Unfortunately, instead of finding "Prince Charming," Ryoko met Ryunosuke and her world was turned upside down. Although Ryunosuke meets her standards, there is one small problem: Ryunosuke is a host. Although Ryoko believes that Ryunosuke could never be serious about his feelings for he...more
Sonia
Liked it in the beginning. The girl was funny and very Spunky and then... she was not. :/
She became what almost every Good Spunky independent Shoujo character becomes nowadays. A mary-sueish figure.
though I liked the first volume for what it was worth.
Sandy
I love this series, it it one of my top favourite shojo manga (and I read a lot of shojo manga >.>). Sakura is a strong take no crap character and Fuji is lovable and cute ^_^. Every volume has me laughing and awing and I just can't give it up. Plus the style of clothes the artist draws all her characters in is just adorable and different and reminiscent of the 90s imo ;).
VampireAngelSadist
At first I did not like their faces, but i got used to it. I love the story! Though it was disapointing when he kept lying to her, I HAVE TO READ THE SECOND! it left off at a huge cliff hanger. i can't really tell if he likes her of not, he's lied many times before to her and I can't tell if he's for real or just playing around like he does at the host club.
Reader17 Der
I really liked this story. The girl is cracking me up in it. Ryoko has strange tastes in guys she is drooling over one of the guys in her class who is quiet and like a nerd. It turns out he is not a nerd but a host. He keeps bumping into her and telling her he is going to win her heart. One minute he is doing something nice
Amy Gideon
I like the writing, although I'm finding the main character, Ryoko, difficult to like. I'm not quite sure why her love interest, Ryu, would even like her.

I don't care too much for the artwork. It's not bad, just not to my taste.
Daisa Williams
this book was truely amazing i have read it a billion times by now and still get shocked and emotional on the same parts. this isnt like anything i ever read before i juss love all ao mimori work!!
Kenley
Nov 05, 2008 Kenley rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Kenley by: Victoria
my friend lent it to me; i really liked it. it was really funny, and i like the author's style. i wanna read the next one.
Chelsea
This series seems really fun and has some great characters. I am looking forward to seeing what happens in the next volume.
Steph
Mar 21, 2009 Steph rated it 4 of 5 stars Recommends it for: romance manga lovers
Shelves: manga
Picked this book up on a whim and now I'm glad I did. Love the artwork and the storyline is interesting.
Kelly Handy
This was cute. I really liked the dynamic between the main characters. They are very amusing.
•Cami• ~Bianchi~
I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!! I thought it was funny, yet awkward, and, at the same time, romantic.
Kimikimi
I've read Books 1-10 of these so far, and they are okay.
Kat Okinawa
Very cute. Can't wait to read more.
Helena
omg sooooo sweeet
awwwwwww
Snow
read for fun
Kassie
Kassie marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
RS
RS marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Ai-li Gualdajara
Ai-li Gualdajara marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
  • Monkey High!, Vol. 1
  • Happy Hustle High, Vol. 1
  • Kare First Love, Volume 1
  • Love Attack, Volume 1
  • Backstage Prince, Vol. 1 (Backstage Prince, #1)
  • Honey Hunt, Vol. 1
  • Mixed Vegetables, Vol. 1 (Mixed Vegetables, #1)
  • Wanted
  • Love Celeb 1
  • Ai Hime ~ Ai to Himegoto, Vol. 01
  • Fall in Love Like a Comic!, Vol. 01
  • V.B. Rose Volume 1
  • Aishiteruze Baby, Vol. 01
  • Butterflies, Flowers (Butterflies, Flowers, #1)
  • Tenshi Ja Nai!! (I'm No Angel), Vol. 1 (Tenshi Ja Nai, #1)
  • Cherry Juice, Vol. 01
  • Nosatsu Junkie, Volume 1
  • High School Debut, Vol. 03 (High School Debut, #3)
B.O.D.Y., Volume 2 B.O.D.Y., Vol. 3 B.O.D.Y., Vol. 4 B.O.D.Y., Vol. 5 B.O.D.Y., Vol. 6