Start by marking “Spot Can Count (Color): First Edition” as Want to Read:
Spot Can Count (Color): First Edition

Spot Can Count (Color): First Edition (Spot the Dog)

The bestselling puppy is better than ever. Spot's 25th birthday presents are bold, beautiful color covers that give him a great new look. Enjoy Spot in paperback with full-color covers and traditional Lift-the-Flap features. Have more fun with Spot!
Novelty Book, 24 pages
Published May 12th 2003 by Warne (first published October 14th 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Spot Can Count (Color), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spot Can Count (Color)

Heidi-Marie
A lift-the-flap AND counting. Perfect for movement storytime.

5/5/14 Went well. I had an older child (almost done with first year of K) who knew how many and got bored with the counting part. And the lift-the-flaps didn't hide much. Still, it kept the young'uns' attention.
Slayermel
Oct 14, 2010 Slayermel rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents of young children and preschool teachers
Spot can count is specifically designed to help young children learn to count and recognize putting an object with a number. Most children learn to count to ten at a pretty young age but it’s a new concept for them to understand matching an item per number to really understand the value of a number. This book is perfect to help with this as they can point to each barn animal as they count along. The book is also made more fun by adding the element of pop-up fun. The children can lift the flaps a ...more
Meg McGregor
Feb 01, 2014 Meg McGregor rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-to-lexi
Spot is one of my favorite pups growing up and I am so happy that I can introduce him to a new age of readers.

Your little one will love Spot's adventures on the farm and his ability to count the chickens, cows, sheep,etc.

For added fun, ask your little one what the animals say as well as count them!
MJ
Alissa's reading several words in these books - you, your, my, and, for, the, from.
David Mitchell
Sep 11, 2015 David Mitchell rated it it was amazing
Read this at least one hundred times with three children.
Alice
Nov 12, 2014 Alice rated it really liked it
Fun counting book.read it to a 5 year old he loved it!
Maura
Mar 11, 2014 Maura rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just your basic counting book on the farm.
Miriam
Like most counting books, this one was perfectly adequate. It's featuring Spot was cute, but ultimately didn't help it. Not the illustrations were any less cute, but I didn't feel any ground being broken. I don't know how much of my negative reaction has to do with the book, and how much is an innate disdain for the conventions of counting books, going back to when I was young enough to actually be learning how to count. Spot, you've seen better days.
Amanda
Mar 25, 2010 Amanda rated it liked it
Shelves: kid-s-books, 123, 2-3-yr
Not my favorite counting book, but it's easy enough for a 2 year old and she's already familiar with Spot from some board books we own. She calls this one "Big Spot book" since it's a larger format than ours are and likes to carry it around everywhere and look at it herself.
jacky
May 14, 2011 jacky rated it liked it
A nice, simple counting book with flaps. Leave it to good ol' Spot. Each page spread has animals to count, then the flap reveals the number. Great for kids just learning to count, because those kids are still excited about farm animals and flaps.
Mary
This is a great counting book to read with a child who is just learning! It goes from 1-10 and counts farm animals. Also, there are flaps with hidden pictures and words that are fun to look at.
Daniel
Dec 01, 2012 Daniel rated it liked it
I like the simple-to-read-and-understand Spot books. The colors and art the illustrator uses give a sense of warmth and coziness.
Jeniece Trueman
ELS:Letter Knowledge, Vocabulary
Kathrine Rogers
Counting Week
Kerry
Kerry rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2016
Sarah Maxfield
Sarah Maxfield marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2016
Jamilah
Jamilah rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2016
Jenny
Jenny is currently reading it
Aug 30, 2016
Adrienne
Adrienne rated it it was ok
Aug 30, 2016
Leah Vis
Leah Vis marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
Percy Pig
Percy Pig marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2016
Mayra
Mayra marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2016
Kat
Kat rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2016
Beth
Beth added it
Jul 18, 2016
Shoohada Khanom
Shoohada Khanom rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Curious George in the Snow
  • Hairy Maclary's Bone
  • Bones, Bones, Dinosaur Bones
  • Sergei Prokofiev's Peter and the Wolf: With a Fully-Orchestrated and Narrated CD
  • We All Went On Safari
  • This Is New York
  • Creepy Monsters, Sleepy Monsters
  • Kisses for Daddy
  • Hunwick's Egg
  • Hello My Name Is Bob
  • Half A World Away
  • What Makes a Rainbow? Mini edition (A Magic Ribbon Book)
  • The Alphabet Book (Bright & Early Board Books)
  • That's Not My Dragon...
  • Noni The Pony
  • Curious George and the Bunny
  • Pete the Sheep-Sheep
  • I Spy With My Little Eye
Eric Gordon Hill OBE was a popular author and illustrator of children's picture books, best known for his character Spot the Dog. His works have been widely praised for their contributions to child literacy. He was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the 2008 New Year Honours.
More about Eric Hill...

Spot the Dog (1 - 10 of 162 books)
  • Where's Spot?
  • Spot Goes to School (color)
  • Spot Goes On Holiday
  • Spot Visits His Grandparents
  • Spot Goes to the Farm
  • Spot Loves His Daddy
  • Spot's Birthday Party
  • Good Night Spot
  • Spot Goes to the Beach (color)
  • Spot Loves his Mum