Spot Can Count (Color): First Edition

Spot Can Count (Color): First Edition (Spot the Dog)

3.28 of 5 stars 3.28  ·  rating details  ·  105 ratings  ·  12 reviews
The bestselling puppy is better than ever. Spot's 25th birthday presents are bold, beautiful color covers that give him a great new look. Enjoy Spot in paperback with full-color covers and traditional Lift-the-Flap features. Have more fun with Spot!

Published May 12th 2003 by Warne (first published October 14th 1983)

Heidi
A lift-the-flap AND counting. Perfect for movement storytime.

5/5/14 Went well. I had an older child (almost done with first year of K) who knew how many and got bored with the counting part. And the lift-the-flaps didn't hide much. Still, it kept the young'uns' attention.
Slayermel
Oct 14, 2010 Slayermel rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents of young children and preschool teachers
Spot can count is specifically designed to help young children learn to count and recognize putting an object with a number. Most children learn to count to ten at a pretty young age but it’s a new concept for them to understand matching an item per number to really understand the value of a number. This book is perfect to help with this as they can point to each barn animal as they count along. The book is also made more fun by adding the element of pop-up fun. The children can lift the flaps a...more
Meg McGregor
Spot is one of my favorite pups growing up and I am so happy that I can introduce him to a new age of readers.

Your little one will love Spot's adventures on the farm and his ability to count the chickens, cows, sheep,etc.

For added fun, ask your little one what the animals say as well as count them!
Maura
Just your basic counting book on the farm.
Miriam
Like most counting books, this one was perfectly adequate. It's featuring Spot was cute, but ultimately didn't help it. Not the illustrations were any less cute, but I didn't feel any ground being broken. I don't know how much of my negative reaction has to do with the book, and how much is an innate disdain for the conventions of counting books, going back to when I was young enough to actually be learning how to count. Spot, you've seen better days.
Amanda
Not my favorite counting book, but it's easy enough for a 2 year old and she's already familiar with Spot from some board books we own. She calls this one "Big Spot book" since it's a larger format than ours are and likes to carry it around everywhere and look at it herself.
jacky
A nice, simple counting book with flaps. Leave it to good ol' Spot. Each page spread has animals to count, then the flap reveals the number. Great for kids just learning to count, because those kids are still excited about farm animals and flaps.
Mary
This is a great counting book to read with a child who is just learning! It goes from 1-10 and counts farm animals. Also, there are flaps with hidden pictures and words that are fun to look at.
Daniel
I like the simple-to-read-and-understand Spot books. The colors and art the illustrator uses give a sense of warmth and coziness.
Jeniece Trueman
ELS:Letter Knowledge, Vocabulary
Kathrine Rogers
Counting Week
Trisha
Trisha marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Emily
Emily added it
Jun 22, 2014
Ladybug
Ladybug marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Sarah added it
Mar 18, 2014
Leanne
Leanne added it
Mar 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Eric Gordon Hill OBE was a popular author and illustrator of children's picture books, best known for his character Spot the Dog. His works have been widely praised for their contributions to child literacy. He was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the 2008 New Year Honours.
More about Eric Hill...
Where's Spot? (Picture Puffin - Lift-the-flap book) Spot Goes to the Farm Spot Loves His Daddy Spot Goes to School (color) Spot's Birthday Party