Start by marking “Witch's Nocturne (Moonsongs, Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Witch's Nocturne (Moonsongs, Book 2)

Witch's Nocturne (Moonsongs, Book 2)

After receiving an ancient tribal journal from her grandfather, Jenny is sent on a mission of discovery in an attempt to unravel clues to her family's monster hunting past. The journey becomes more than academic when she is asked to confront a coven of dangerous witches who plan to cast an insidious spell on the plains of West Texas.

Witch's Nocturne is the second volume o
Published December 2012

To ask other readers questions about Witch's Nocturne, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Witch's Nocturne

Brande
Dec 30, 2012 Brande rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult-fiction
Witch's Nocturne is #2 in a series that may end up one of the most enjoyable collections of novellas I read in this lifetime.

In Blood Fugue, #1 of the series, we meet the protagonist. We find her to be smart, sassy, and a bad-ass in the making. We also meet her unwitting side-kick Marshal.

Fast forward several months since I read Blood Fugue, and we get to Witch's Nocturne. Jenny Moonsong, as she now prefers, is still smart and sassy. She is less angry and more in control. She still can't pay he
Candace
Dec 26, 2012 Candace rated it really liked it
One thing I wan to point out that I really love about this series so far is with such a short story we get the important stuff. There's no droning on about stuff. We don't sit there waiting for her to figure certain things out, etc. Most of that was done between the previous book and this one and we know what all happens, but we are getting the meat of the story. And while each story stands on it's own, it's definitely a series you want to read in order just to get a back story. There was also a ...more
Jeff Beesler
Jan 11, 2013 Jeff Beesler rated it it was amazing
Witch's Nocturne continues the Moonsongs saga that we were introduced to in Blood Fugue. Returning cast includes Protagonist Jenny and her best friend Marshal, both of whom are still recovering from the events of book one. Book 2 doesn't waste any time in getting us right into the heart of the story, and brings in a new character, Sarah. Even more questions than answers are raised as Jenny receives an old journal left behind by her grandfather.

This second installment was well worth the wait. I'
Shelly Arkon
May 09, 2013 Shelly Arkon rated it it was amazing

Jenny is a werewolf hunter. She's snarky, a computer nerd, a gamer, and doesn't think much for academics and paying her bills on time. She has a side kick. Marshall. The total opposite of her. Conservative and academically inclined. The two personalities are great together when they go to investigate allegations of a possible plan to poison a whole town instigated by a witch coven.

Loved it! Loved the paranormal theme.Loved the humor and witty remarks. The book kept me on the edge of my seat. Lit
Heather
Jan 28, 2013 Heather rated it liked it
(This review can also be found on my blog at The (Mis)Adventures of a Twenty-Something Year Old Girl).

Jenny is back in an all new adventure. After learning about her family history and about what her grandfather really is, Jenny is ready to just relax. However, wherever Jenny goes, trouble follows. Her grandfather has left her a journal with clues about her family history and what they do. Jenny decides to set up a website to aid others with monster killing. In no time at all, a girl has contact
Michael Offutt
Dec 14, 2012 Michael Offutt rated it it was amazing
"A handsome and likely intelligent guy, who wasn't my best friend and gay, was something of a unicorn in my life. So I maybe let my eyes linger a touch too long on the front of his pants as he approached. And my posture might've stiffened to let him know I was tall and lean, but still had enough curves to make driving dangerous--and fun."
-- Witch's Nocturne by E.J. Wesley

You know how agents and professional writing blogs are always telling you to write with voice? E.J. has got voice down. You
Aimeekay
Apr 23, 2013 Aimeekay rated it it was amazing
Witch’s Nocturne: Moonsongs Book 2 is just as fast paced as book 1 but seemed a tad longer, although not as long as I would have liked. I really enjoy the authors writing and I want to read more about Jenny and Marshal. The shortness of the books reminds me of t.v. episodes; short, sweet, resolved in under an hour. But I’m talking good, interesting t.v.. The kind that draws you in and leaves you eagerly awaiting next weeks episode.

The characters are interesting and have tons of potential. There
Robyn Jones
Mar 02, 2013 Robyn Jones rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, paranormal
Witch's Nocturne
by E.J. Wesley
published 12/16/12
55 pages
I won the ebook (novelette)
4 STARS!

Jenny has a destiny. She also has an attitude problem and a tomahawk. The gamer slash monster hunter embraces her family lineage and goes all Ghostbusters on the supernatural world, craigslist ad and everything. Witch's Nocturne drags our favorite sassy hero (and her sidekick best friend) into the world of witches. At least she has her grandfather's journal to help her...right?

I love these novelettes. We'r
Laura Thomas
Feb 05, 2013 Laura Thomas rated it it was amazing
Jenny survived her first battle with a monster, but there are more to kill.

She does have a normal life too, but she’s not very good at it. Always wasting too much money on her energy drink addiction instead of paying bills, she’s never far from having something shut off.

Her one link to adult responsibility is Marshal, and he never lets her off easy. Marshal was her grandmothers nurse and left him in charge of collecting rent from Jenny when she inherited the house.

After cruising through life, ke
Paperback Princess
This review was originally posted at Paperback Princess to view directly pls click here.

Witch's Nocturne like Blood Fugue is fast-paced, straight to the point but still filled with mystery, twists and turns and an explosive ending. The story has you turning the pages quicker than you can finish reading the last sentence. Things are not what it seems and all these elements are what made me enjoy this book maybe even slightly more than Blood Fugue, I'm guessing that's because I already knew the ch
Jaclyn
Another quick read taking about an hour.

"Did I hear someone say they hadn't read Lord of the Rings?"
A girl with tightly curled, frosted black hair popped her head out from behind the shelf. She stared at me like I'd just kicked a puppy. Multiple hoops lined her ears, and a diamond stud glinted in her nose, making her presence in the library only slightly more expected than my own - at least in my mind.
Marshal chortled. "What a loser, right?"
"Hey." I crossed my arms.

The Good

Again, the writing was
Jessie
Feb 02, 2013 Jessie rated it liked it
Honestly, even though I was really excited to read Witch's Nocturne (and I'm hoping for more), I was slightly disappointed with this one. I don't know if my expectations were just too high after Blood Fugue. Don't get me wrong, I liked Witch's Nocturne.

Again it was a quick read, I read this one much faster than I read the first book in the series (probably because I was alone in the house). We are introduced to a few new characters in this book, they aren't exactly what they might appear to be a
Ryan Snyder
Jan 12, 2014 Ryan Snyder rated it really liked it
There must be some special components to these novella series. I have no idea how a read so light and small can still leave me so satisfied. Of course, I wish they were longer, but the author seems to be doing just fine with novellas.

You can read this book without having previously read Blood Fugue, but seriously why would you do that? I mean.. Blood Fugue is only 45 pages. (: Just sayin'. Book one flowed smoothly into book two as well, even if it does not pick up exactly where one left off.

In
Jaime Arkin
Witch's Nocturne is part 2 of the Moonsongs Book story. In Part 1 we're introduced to Jenny and the strange world that she has been thrust into.

I didn't read these two stories back to back but found that it was easy to jump right back into the story despite a short break between. In Witch's Nocture, with her trusty side-kick Marshal by her side, Jenny not only has to worry about how to pay the bills, but also unravel the clues about her family and the history of monster hunting.

We get new char
Julie Flanders
Jan 22, 2013 Julie Flanders rated it it was amazing
Witch's Nocturne picks up right after Blood Fugue (Moonsongs Book 1) ended, and it was great getting back to Jenny and her friend Marshall. Jenny is starting up her PI business and Wesley doesn't waste any time getting her involved in a new and intriguing case. The story moves quickly and builds to a suspenseful and genuinely scary climax which leaves the reader immediately anxious for the next installment.

Jenny is a fantastic character, with a funny and engaging voice, and I can't wait to find
Heather
Feb 20, 2013 Heather rated it it was amazing
Because the characters of Jenny and Marshal are so well fleshed out in Blood Fugue, I felt I already knew them well enough in this second book and it took no time to understand what was going on even though there was a small bit of introduction to remind readers of what had happened in the first book. It's not a standalone by any means. Jenny has a family business to carry on and she's flying by the seat of her pants but for a journal from her grandfather and Marshal's help. This story seemed a ...more
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Feb 07, 2013 Tee loves Kyle Jacobson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: february-2013
In Witch's Nocturne the second book in this Novella series we get to see Jenny on the move. She is such a kick butt heroine in this book that I loved her even more if that is possible. In Witch's Nocturne Jenny is entrusted with the task of hunting down a dangerous coven of witches. After getting the journal from her grandfather and reading it she has to find out what her family has been doing and why. She knows they hunt down monsters but what kind are they? Why do they hunt them down?

Jenny wil
Jennifer  Ricketts (Donnie Darko Girl)
I just love Jenny! She's so...everything! Everything I love in a heroine! I thought from the first book that this would be a series mostly about werewolves (I didn't pay attention to the title of this one), so I was happily surprised when Jenny takes on a case involving a nasty coven of witches. I love this series! Full review coming soon!
Stinkerjo
Nov 14, 2013 Stinkerjo rated it really liked it
Love E.J. Wesley. Keep the the stories coming. The more Jenny gets into trouble, the more accurate her aim is the the tomahawk. That witchy, nasty piece of work, Sarah totally deserved to have her digits sliced off. :)
Michelle
May 18, 2013 Michelle rated it really liked it
Once again, a fast read, with twists and turns.
Jenny and Marshall team up once again, try to make sense of her grandfather's journal and go on a witch hunt.
I love the way Jenny and Marshall complement each other... and Jenny meets a new friend!
Plenty of action!
Rachel
Jan 06, 2013 Rachel rated it it was amazing

E.J. Wesley is a fantastic writer, and Book 2 of his Moonsongs series does not disappoint! Loved getting to know his protagonist, Jenny, a little better. Also, intrigued by some new characters that have been thrown into the mix. I am on the edge of my seat for Book 3!
Morgan Shamy
Dec 17, 2012 Morgan Shamy rated it it was amazing
Loved this novelette. Tons of fun, great voice, non-stop action. EJ Wesley is definitely an author to watch--I'd read any of his work.
Allison
Jan 15, 2013 Allison rated it really liked it
Even better than the first one!
Erin Ezzell
Erin Ezzell rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2012
Lynda Young
Lynda Young rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2013
Lynda Ezzell
Lynda Ezzell rated it it was amazing
Dec 15, 2012
Shelly
Shelly rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2016
Lunamoth
Lunamoth rated it liked it
Feb 06, 2013
Tanya
Tanya rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2016
Growing up in small town Oklahoma, there were limits on the amount and types of entertainment at my disposal. Perhaps that’s why I set my imagination free. After collecting degrees in psychology and counseling, life brought me to Missouri, Texas, and Northern California—where I currently read, write, and live. I fill my spare time playing video games, watching movies, planning for the zombie apoca ...more
More about E.J. Wesley...

“always thought bringing a gun to a fistfight was just a good way to end up shot, instead of punched.” 1 likes
“was something about a classroom that seemed just an evolutionary step beyond a cage at a zoo.” 1 likes