Nur wenn du mich liebst

Nur wenn du mich liebst

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  1,476 ratings  ·  117 reviews
Als sich Chris, Vicky, Barbara und Susan zum ersten Mal begegnen, schwören sich die vier jungen Frauen, für immer Freundinnen zu sein. Voller Zuversicht blicken sie auf ein Leben, das ihnen Glück und Zufriedenheit verspricht. Doch ihre Träume werden schon bald von der Realität eingeholt. Und dann geschieht das Unfassbare: Eine von ihnen wird brutal ermordet. Vicky, die als...more
Published by Goldmann (first published 2001)

Suzanne
It's always the quiet ones, people say.
4 women who live on Grand Avenue become friends when their children were little. They met in the park in that neighborhood. They had parties together, chatted about everything and just enjoyed each other's company. Their husbands got along with each other. But, everyone had a secret. Yes, they chatted about almost everything but one woman had a secret she wouldn't tell anybody. So, when one of the husbands thought the other 3 women knew about the secret, he...more
Rebecca
This was a great book overall. It started out as a random meeting at the playground...4 women with 4 daughters close to the same age, all living on Grand Avenue. They bond and stick together through the years, through the good and the bad, and through the secrets they each have that come to light towards the end. One of them is horribly murdered, by someone you would not expect, and the result tears the friendship apart. Be forewarned, this book is also disturbing as it deals with domestic viole...more
Henni
Jun 22, 2008 Henni rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Maria
Bag på denne bog er det er trykt: "advarsel! denne bog er umulig at lægge fra sig!"
De har ret - jeg læste den samme dag jeg købte den - kun afbrudt af en fodboldkamp, bogen var derved skyld i at jeg kun fik 4 timers søvn den nat, men det var det værd.

Det er en rigtig god bog om fire kvinder, og deres yderst forskellige liv, efter at de tilfælding mødes en dag og bliver veninder igennem de næste mange år.

Det er helt sikkert ikke den sidste bog jeg læser af Joy Fielding.
Gosia
I wasn't more surprised after reading any other book. when you actually start reading this, you just can't get over, and it's story to read in one night. those jumps in time are sometimes confusing, but it's good written, and oh my gosh - that twist in the end.. i mean, those twistes, they were more. i was thinking that there would be happy ending - thank you mrs Fielding for surprising me.
Debbie
I like how Fielding intertwined the lives of four very different women, but was upset with the prologue giving away huge details for the ending.
Becky
This book reminded me a little bit of Mary Higgins Clark, and in a good way! I really enjoyed reading this book, in fact I found it hard to put down. It contained all of the elements that I feel like really makes a book good - friendship, unique characters who aren't above all the normal "life" problems all of us have, a little bit of romance, murder, some violence...just a great, well-written book.

I like the ending, I felt like it was the perfect way to end all of the women's stories. However,...more
Shyla
I picked this book up on a whim from our "shared" book shelf in the break room at my work. I had never read Joy Fielding but had heard of her so figured I would give it a go thinking it would be a fun, easy chick lit kind of fast read about good friends. I like these kind of books every now and then. Hmmm, this is soooo not that book.

There was not one redeeming character in the whole story. Every character was tragically flawed and in ways that in no way made them romantic or sympathetic, more l...more
Jules
Es gibt ja dieses berüchtigte Literaturgenre namens “Starke Frauen”. Ihr wisst Bescheid – die Protagonistin ist zwar tough in jeder Hinsicht, findet sich aber trotzdem zu fett und sinkt zum Happy End schmachtend in die Arme von Prinz Charming. Bei diesem Buch läuft das alles ein bisschen anders – alle Protagonistinnen hatten bei der Männerwahl kein so glückliches Händchen und leiden mehr oder weniger unter ihren Partnern. Sie nehmen ihr Leben nicht oder nur sehr zögerlich selbst in die Hand, sin...more
Weni
Buku ini berkisah tentang persahabatan 4 orang perempuan yang tinggal di Grand Avenue: Susan, Chris, Barbara dan Vicky. Mereka bersahabat sejak anak mereka masih kecil hingga dewasa. Dua dari mereka meninggal dunia, salah satunya dibunuh dengan kejam.

Ceritanya biasa saja menurut saya, tidak ada yang istimewa. Tapi persahabatan antara 4 perempuan mengingatkan saya pada saya dan sahabat-sahabat saya. Entah kenapa angkanya selalu 4 :)

4 ketika SMA: sebenarnya kami berlima, tapi salah seorang dari ka...more
Gosia
Contrary to what the title suggests, this book is not another "Sex in the city", but rather "Desperate Housewives" only even more dramatic. From the first pages we know that one of the characters will be murdered.

What we have here are the stories of four women interwoven to give the reader the deepest insight into their work, family and intimate life. We can observe how marriages become nightmares, hopes turn to catastrophes, dreams lose the chance to come true and happiness falls slowly to piec...more
I could not agree more with the previous poster who stated the beginning of the book doesn't match the end.

This books story line was ridiculous - it was random story lines and the climax of the book (if I can even call it that) came near the end and turned the storyline into a WHOLE different topic??? WTH? Made no sense. The story line that you think is the basis of the book just ***POOF*** practically disappears. The ending has so little to do with the beginning and end. It is like Joy Fielding...more
Rahmadiyanti
Awalnya nggak tertarik lihat buku ini. Eh, lagi dijual murah. Penasaran aja mau coba beli satu judul. Lahh, ternyata asyik juga, langsung deh beli 3-3nya (yang diterjemahin emang baru 3 judul ini). Yang ini berkisah persahabatan 4 orang istri-istri, dengan beragam latar belakang, beragam karakter, beragam profesi. Di kemudian hari ada sebuah kejadian yang menguji persahabatan mereka, dan satu orang yang berkhianat.

Wah, Joy Fielding "pencerita" ulung. Saya baca novel setebal 400 halaman ini sekal...more
Christie
Apr 16, 2009 Christie rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Christie by: Melissa Klinger
This book is about four young women who live on Cincinnati's Grand Avenue, who by chance become fast friends after meeting in the neighborhood park. Barbara is a regal ex-beauty queen whose focus on her appearance exposes her inner emptiness. Vicki is intense and driven; her energy and savvy propel her legal career past those she has hurt along the way. Practical and steady Susan makes a career as a spokesperson against sexual harassment after unfairly losing her job. And Chris is on the fringe...more
Sharon
"Grand Avenue" by Joy Fielding was definitely not one of my favorite books. It took me weeks to get through it, which is very unlike my nature when it comes to Joy Fielding's works. Usually her stories are quite gripping and suspense-filled, but I was just annoyed and repulsed with Tony, one of the characters in the book, until almost 3/4 of the way through it.
Then, finally at the very end, the story started to get interesting, but it just fizzled out in the end, and I didn't quite like her end...more
Saskia
Vriendinnen tot in de dood is mijn eerste Joy Fielding, maar zeker niet mijn laatste! My goodness, wat een fan-tas-tisch steengoed boek! Zijn alle boeken van Joy zo boeiend geschreven? Ik zou willen, dat ik iedere week zo'n boek las, zég! Het boek gaat over 4 vriendinnen met ieder hun eigen problemen die ze met elkaar delen, waardoor ik even dacht in een chicklit verzeild te zijn. Toch voel je op iedere bladzijde heel sterk het beklemmende broeïerige sfeertje en heeft het boek ook zeker diepgang...more
Louise
I can just never say enough about this author. Her books are compelling page-turners!!

"Looking back, it seemed like paradise; lives filled with the blessings of friendship, marriage, children, and career. For twenty years, four friends-Chris, Barbara, Susan and Vicki-shared everything and faced the challenges of life and love head on. Now, one sits alone to ponder the strange twists of fate and circumstance. Now, she must sift through the past to discover exactly what went wrong, how dreams turn...more
Maria M. Elmvang
Apr 30, 2009 Maria M. Elmvang rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Maria M. by: Henni
I went into this book thinking it would be something The Saving Graces by Patricia Gaffney (which I LOVE), and I think that's why I ended up being somewhat disappointed by it. The Saving Graces is a heartwarming, life-reaffirming novel about friendship, Grand Avenue... not so much.

From the very beginning you know that it's going to end badly, but not how or why, which makes for discomforting reading. The label on the back says, "Warning! You won't be able to put this book down till the last page...more
Voitaray
NO. NO. No. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, NOOOOOOOOOOO! Zero. Okay, I listen to recorded books most of the day while I paint. Apparently your average CD player is not up to the task. I'm burning out one after another. So, sometimes I have to get tapes. Usually there's not much of a selection at the library so I'll just grab anything I'm not familiar with. Enter Joy Fielding, Grand Avenue. This did not present as a likely fave but, good God Almightly, I was not prepared for anything so...more
Dee-Ann
I enjoyed this book, though at times I found the jumps in time a bit large. I wanted to hear a bit more about what was happening at the time, not zoom to the future and get a summarised, alightly bleached and less emotive recount of the situation. The domestic violence instance was a bit harsh, but I suppose that was keeping with the reality of the story. Barbara annoyed me a lot and I never really understood her daughter, who played a big part in the end. I enjoyed the other daughters, even tho...more
Tory
“If life is choices we make, as my mother once told me, then too much of life is spent bemoaning these choices. Too much time is wasted on regret. We can do nothing with the past but acknowledge and accept it. It is over. Done with. It is gone.”

This isn’t so much the sort of book that I would usually think is great, but I have to say that it is because it evoked great emotion in me. It made me sad, happy, indignant, hopeful, even amazed.

I wasn’t especially fond of the characters, but even so, I...more
Carolina
i love this book
Celticoracle
This was an extremely hard book to put down - it sure cost me a lot of sleep until I finished it.

I had a really strange reaction to Grand Avenue; there were a number of parts of it that I really didn't like, but yet I was compelled to keep reading (and not because I had to read it for my book club) - really the first time that's ever happened to me. There was also a very nice twist towards the end.

I'm fairly certain I won't go back and read this again, but I'm not at all sorry I read it to begi...more
Cindy
This is a story of four women who became best friends. This book covers everything... infidelity, domestic abuse, sexual harrasment in the workplace, divorce, self-esteem issues, loss, and it even has a murder thrown in there. A lot is covered and it is written in a fast pace... to fast really. I think this book could have easily been a series of books, so that way the author could have given more in depth passages.

I didn't care for the ending but overall a decent soap opera like, read.
Catherine
This is the story of four young mothers who became friends - all of them living in Grand Avenue in Cincinnati. It spans twenty years of their lives, how they shared everything together and supported each other through life's challenges. But it all goes wrong and dreams turn to nightmares, friendships fade and lives are destroyed.. I really enjoyed this book and found it hard to put down. Joy Fielding is a very gifted writer, observational, witty and touching - loved it!
Andrea
I really liked this book despite some predictable parts.This was my first Joy Fielding book and made me a fan of hers pretty quick! Her character development is very strong which I love in a book. I love the way she went and back and forth focusing on different women and gave the reader insight to that characters perspective of the events. I was annoyed with the ending, but to be fair it was the right ending for the book and fit perfect to the story.
Saskia
Tja weet niet zo goed wat ik moet zeggen. Ik vond het een heerlijk boek om te lezen maar een thriller kan ik het niet noemen, ik had het toch wat spannender verwacht denk ik. Zeker na alle positieve reacties hier. Ik vind het meer een goede chicklit met diepgang in de levens van de vrouwen. Die worden echt ontzettend mooi beschreven. En ik heb zeker ook van het boek genoten, vandaar ook de vier duimen maar een echte pageturner vond ik het dus niet.
Allison
This is a classic Joy Fielding - a little different from some of her other books but in a very good way - I thought she outdid herself with this story about four very different women, their daughters, and the choices they made together and apart as the years go on. The women themselves kind of reminded me of the way I felt about the Sex and the City girls - I think every girl has a little bit of each of these women inside them. I totally recommend!
Wendy Hux
i LOVED this book! many books i read are very predictable, the hero turns out to save the day, or the detective always solves the crime and the "bad guy" ends up dead or behind bars-which is great. but THIS book could truly be written about any person we know. its so very true to life, not necessarily the happiest of endings (or times) but realistic, yet great read. you won't be able to put this book down. again, great read.
Diana Donnelly
I've always enjoyed Joy Fielding's books, as I did this one. It was one of her earlier ones about four young women who lived on the same street and met in the park with their children. They formed wonderful relationships even with their different personalities. Other books I have read in the past had wonderful twists and turns. This was not as dynamic with that but it read like a Maeve Binchy novel whom I also loved reading.
Melanie
This book is not that much of a chick-lit if you ask me, or at least not a funny and happy one.
It narrates the lives of four friends long time friends, who shares pretty much everything. They all face difficulties in their marriage or family life, but something even worse will turn their world upside down and destroy the friendship they had.

Entertaining, with a somewhat intense atmosphere and an interesting plot.
  • Alles te verliezen
  • The Lost Witness (Lena Gamble, #2)
  • Daglicht
  • Crossing the Line
  • Land of the Living
  • Kalte Stille
  • Flammenbrut
  • Opening Moves (Patrick Bowers Files, #0.5)
  • The Girl Next Door
  • Once in a Blue Moon
  • The Mystery of the Shrinking House (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #18)
  • De Verbouwing
  • Die for You
  • Thinking and Deciding
  • The Key (Rachel Benjamin, #3)
  • About Face
  • Dolfje Weerwolfje
  • Line Of Vision
Joy Fielding (née Tepperman; born March 18, 1945) is a Canadian novelist and actress. She lives in Toronto, Ontario.

Born in Toronto, Ontario, she graduated from the University of Toronto in 1966, with a Bachelor of Arts in English Literature. As Joy Tepperman, she had a brief acting career, appearing in the film Winter Kept Us Warm (1965) and in an episode of Gunsmoke. She later changed her last n...more
More about Joy Fielding...
See Jane Run Still Life Charley's Web Mad River Road Now You See Her