Start by marking “The Babylon Gene” as Want to Read:
The Babylon Gene

The Babylon Gene

2.89  ·  Rating Details  ·  38 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
**Exclusive price this Christmas**

Forget everything you think you know. Here is the mother of all conspiracy thrillers, a secret that was written in blood at the dawn of history...

2004: when violent Jihadists bomb a Masonic lodge in Istanbul, the Turkish military enlist maverick British agent Toby Ashe to find the cause of the attack.

Hurled into a tense race against the CI
Published September 1st 2012 by Head of Zeus

To ask other readers questions about The Babylon Gene, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Babylon Gene

Christopher McIntosh
This book starts with a bang – literally! – when the Istanbul police are called to investigate the bombing of a masonic lodge. The story then moves at rollercoaster pace, involving Jihadists, Freemasonry, the CIA, the SAS and the Yezidis, that persecuted and misunderstood religious group that has been much in the news recently. Underlying the story is a mind-boggling conspiracy and an age-old secret for which the superpowers are contending. There is a quirky hero, the British intelligence agent ...more
Nerine Dorman
October 8, 2013: Unghhh... If anything, this book has piqued my interest with regard to finding out more about the Yezidis as a people. Mostly, I feel this book tries to do too much. Lots and lots of exposition.

December 3, 2013:
Freemasonry certainly provides a fascinating theme to treat in fiction, and it’s clear that Churton is knowledgeable about his subject. Equally fascinating is the Yezidi tribe – an ancient culture predating Islam that has often faced persecution – and it’s obvious Churto
Dave
Feb 03, 2014 Dave rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A well thought out book that I would recommend.
Marilyn
Jan 03, 2013 Marilyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It does want to go in several directions at one time, but that's the beauty of the plot. A lot of foreign names to try to keep track of, but it all boils down to one mitigating factor. We're all brothers/sisters under the skin.
Paul
Sep 14, 2013 Paul rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I struggled through this book and the story seems to have something missing in the story but i'm not sure what. I liked the Toby Ash character and if there's a follow up book maybe we will see his character built apon.
Mike
Feb 01, 2015 Mike rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
very good book. the book gives you more insight in yezidi and kurds culture. The setting is europe and iraq and the forces that battle against eachother. The main character is an british intelligence officer.
Mickey Hoffman
Sep 30, 2012 Mickey Hoffman rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book seems to want to go ten directions at once, so it didn't keep my
attention. I tried to keep reading because some of the plot lines were
interesting, but in the end I gave up at the half way point.
Karen Chong
Apr 05, 2013 Karen Chong rated it did not like it
I tried to "get into" this book, but I just couldn't find it interesting. It was an interesting concept, but the pacing seemed to drag. I got to about 100 pages in, but couldn't make myself go any further.
Feb 08, 2013 Jennifer rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
After reading over 200 pages, I still didn't understand what was going on. Too many sub plots and not much connection.
Leigh Crowther
Apr 03, 2013 Leigh Crowther rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't get into this book and that takes a lot of doing gave up about a fifth of the way through
Edith
Edith is currently reading it
Feb 10, 2016
Eric
Eric rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2016
Sharyn Kingston
Sharyn Kingston is currently reading it
Jan 05, 2016
Gilles Oorts
Gilles Oorts marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2016
nicola wright
nicola wright rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2015
kathryn hughes
kathryn hughes marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2015
Marcelo D
Marcelo D marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2015
Renie
Renie marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2015
Amanda Barendregt
Amanda Barendregt rated it liked it
Nov 17, 2015
Bruna
Bruna added it
Oct 25, 2015
Nathan_chick
Nathan_chick marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2015
Lilly
Lilly marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2015
Rach
Rach rated it it was ok
Sep 15, 2015
Emile Berteloot
Emile Berteloot rated it liked it
Oct 21, 2015
Monia
Monia marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
Toby
Toby marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2015
Tichico Ilprofilo
Tichico Ilprofilo rated it did not like it
Jul 01, 2015
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was ok
Jul 01, 2015
Paul Emery
Paul Emery rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2015