Start by marking “Soap Craft: 31 Recipes for Creating Amazing Handmade Soaps” as Want to Read:
Soap Craft: 31 Recipes for Creating Amazing Handmade Soaps

Soap Craft: 31 Recipes for Creating Amazing Handmade Soaps

4.34  ·  Rating Details  ·  101 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
The Soap Queen, Anne-Marie Faiola, shows you how to make perfect cold-process soap that is better than what you can buy at the store! Simple instructions and great photography walk you through every step of 31 exciting recipes, making it easy to master the techniques you need and produce the soaps you want. You'll find chapters on colors (neon, oxides, mica), molds (milk j ...more
ebook
Published August 14th 2013 by Storey Publishing

Laurie Carlson
This book spiral-bound book is FULL of gorgeous, colorful soaps YOU can make all on your own with these very descriptive instructions this author has included in this book for us! Don’t worry! The author has made these step-by-step directions so easy to follow!
These hand-crafted soaps are SO beautiful, and shortly now, YOU can be making them, and showing them off! Or, maybe you could even give them as gifts, too! You are going to have people oooh'ing, and ahhh'ing you over the beauty of these b
Bridgett
Sep 02, 2013 Bridgett rated it really liked it
I just recently got this book for review from the publisher!

I have always been interested in making soap. I have done the melt and pour thing a few times, but have been a bit chicken to try the Lye thing.

This book came in the house, just as I am going through one of my "I should just go for it" phases! is that ever the right time, or what?

Tentatively I started reading. The beginning of the book is all about what you need in the way of equipment.
At first I thought: Oh, that's a lot!, but then I t
Patti
Feb 21, 2015 Patti rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book very much. As a new soaper, I didn't realize at first it is for cold process soaps, but this gives me something to shoot for. All the soaps are beautifully photographed and the recipes are spot on. The author really does a great job at explaining the process, step by step instructions and constantly preaches caution and using protective gear--especially when using lye.

I enjoy her video's posted on YouTube and this book is a great companion to many of them. I wouldn't hesitat
Katie
Jul 23, 2014 Katie rated it really liked it
Shelves: soap-making
This is ideal for the beginner who needs visuals as a guide. This book also contains some helpful information for the beginner who needs suggestions, such as if to use food dye or herbs for the soap color for example.
Norma
Aug 16, 2013 Norma rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Totally loved this book. If you love making soap this book is a must have. It has great tips and techniques with colors and swirls. The book is filled with great colorful pictures and is as very detailed.
Dana
Sep 02, 2013 Dana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read my review of
Jessica
Jan 17, 2016 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Thank you Netgalley and Storey Publishing!

Review coming soon!
Jojo
Sep 03, 2013 Jojo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scanned
A great reference book for the soap minded maker.
Anastacia
Years ago - before I knitted, before I designed, before I taught fiber arts, before weaving and spinning and dying, back when I did other crafts that didn't involve yarn, crafts like scrapbooking and latch hook and embroidery and cross stitching, I made homemade soap. I didn't make a ton of it, but I made soap, and it was fun.

When this book popped up on netgalley, I remembered how much fun it was to make soap. I didn't make anything fancy or honestly anything that even looked pretty, but it was
Cheeyee
Aug 10, 2013 Cheeyee rated it it was amazing
Review At: Moments to Share

Review Date: 10 August 2013

Review URL: http://littlemermy.blogspot.com/2013/08/soap-crafting-step-by-step-techniques.html

Summary: -

My very first experience on handmade soap making was about 1 year ago. I got to know few mothers who shared with us on this beautiful art and since then, I have fallen in love with it. For a person who used to bake regularly, soap making to me is just as fun as baking. I can decide what kind of soap that I want to make, what shape, what kin
Yvonne Thompson
Feb 10, 2014 Yvonne Thompson rated it it was amazing
I appreciate the section on oils, where the properties of the different oils are explained. However, because there are so many different oils that can be used, these descriptions were just a small selection.

I will definitely be experimenting with some of these recipes, not necessarily the colorants, but the additives intrigue me.
Kathryn Fanestiel
Sep 18, 2015 Kathryn Fanestiel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a very good book for people, like myself, who are beginners to the soap making process. The first book I read was The Soap Maker's Companion, by Susan Miller Cavitch. I definitely prefer this book to that one, due to its full color pictures and much broader discussion of using color and fragrance to create a very diverse range of soap.
Lesli
Dec 29, 2015 Lesli rated it it was amazing
Shelves: soapmaking
This is a nice, recipe driven book that teaches techniques. Definitely worth having on the shelf. I would recommend it for someone who already knows the basics of soapmaking.
Rebecca
Oct 07, 2013 Rebecca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: crafters
Shelves: arts-and-crafts
This is a really great book, first batch of soap turned out perfectly. We skipped over the fancy-pants parts, not using colors and only vanilla fragrance, not swirling, just making a good batch of soap.

I love how it lays flat, has lots of pix and easy to follow instructions.

I do wish she had more basic soaps, as nearly everything in the book is very fancy-pants requiring extra skills, extra equipment, and extra purchases from her business (Brambleberry.com) but still, one can skip those bits i
Phyllis
Dec 27, 2015 Phyllis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, soap
Although I am not well-versed in soap-crafting books, I truly enjoyed this one. From an aesthetic perspective, each soap recipe is well-laid out with lots of pictures and helpful safety tips. Ms. Faiola displays a number of different techniques that are excellent for a beginner such as myself. One of my favorites was the lovely clay bar, which I still haven't used because it's so pretty!
Laura Gilfillan
Apr 12, 2014 Laura Gilfillan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reference
What a terrific soap book. So many great ideas, many of which are a great springboard for coming up with one's own great ideas. I also like the up to date format, and current resources that are now available, and the formulas for smaller batches of soap. I love to make soap, but in such large batches I'm left with the problem of what to do with all the soap, because I want to do another batch.
Alethea A
Aug 02, 2013 Alethea A rated it it was amazing
Magnificent! Full review to come.
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
Stephanie Connolly
Stephanie Connolly rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2016
Tanya
Tanya rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2016
Emily Zickel
Emily Zickel marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Phyllis Herrick
Phyllis Herrick rated it liked it
May 23, 2016
Meow Meow Mia
Meow Meow Mia marked it as to-read
May 19, 2016
Maria Jesus
Maria Jesus marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
Corrina Hicks
Corrina Hicks marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Min
Min marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2016
Shari
Shari rated it liked it
Mar 16, 2016
Melissa
Melissa is currently reading it
Mar 10, 2016
Nastia Pavlova
Nastia Pavlova marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2016