Soap Craft: 31 Recipes for Creating Amazing Handmade Soaps

Soap Craft: 31 Recipes for Creating Amazing Handmade Soaps

4.41 of 5 stars 4.41  ·  rating details  ·  39 ratings  ·  13 reviews
The Soap Queen, Anne-Marie Faiola, shows you how to make perfect cold-process soap that is better than what you can buy at the store! Simple instructions and great photography walk you through every step of 31 exciting recipes, making it easy to master the techniques you need and produce the soaps you want. You'll find chapters on colors (neon, oxides, mica), molds (milk j...more
ebook
Published August 14th 2013 by Storey Publishing

Bridgett
I just recently got this book for review from the publisher!

I have always been interested in making soap. I have done the melt and pour thing a few times, but have been a bit chicken to try the Lye thing.

This book came in the house, just as I am going through one of my "I should just go for it" phases! is that ever the right time, or what?

Tentatively I started reading. The beginning of the book is all about what you need in the way of equipment.
At first I thought: Oh, that's a lot!, but then I t...more
Anastacia
Years ago - before I knitted, before I designed, before I taught fiber arts, before weaving and spinning and dying, back when I did other crafts that didn't involve yarn, crafts like scrapbooking and latch hook and embroidery and cross stitching, I made homemade soap. I didn't make a ton of it, but I made soap, and it was fun.

When this book popped up on netgalley, I remembered how much fun it was to make soap. I didn't make anything fancy or honestly anything that even looked pretty, but it was...more
Cheeyee
Review At: Moments to Share

Review Date: 10 August 2013

Review URL: http://littlemermy.blogspot.com/2013/08/soap-crafting-step-by-step-techniques.html

Summary: -

My very first experience on handmade soap making was about 1 year ago. I got to know few mothers who shared with us on this beautiful art and since then, I have fallen in love with it. For a person who used to bake regularly, soap making to me is just as fun as baking. I can decide what kind of soap that I want to make, what shape, what kin...more
Yvonne Thompson
I appreciate the section on oils, where the properties of the different oils are explained. However, because there are so many different oils that can be used, these descriptions were just a small selection.

I will definitely be experimenting with some of these recipes, not necessarily the colorants, but the additives intrigue me.
Katie
This is ideal for the beginner who needs visuals as a guide. This book also contains some helpful information for the beginner who needs suggestions, such as if to use food dye or herbs for the soap color for example.
Rebecca Coday
Oct 07, 2013 Rebecca Coday rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: crafters
Shelves: arts-and-crafts
This is a really great book, first batch of soap turned out perfectly. We skipped over the fancy-pants parts, not using colors and only vanilla fragrance, not swirling, just making a good batch of soap.

I love how it lays flat, has lots of pix and easy to follow instructions.

I do wish she had more basic soaps, as nearly everything in the book is very fancy-pants requiring extra skills, extra equipment, and extra purchases from her business (Brambleberry.com) but still, one can skip those bits i...more
Laura Gilfillan
What a terrific soap book. So many great ideas, many of which are a great springboard for coming up with one's own great ideas. I also like the up to date format, and current resources that are now available, and the formulas for smaller batches of soap. I love to make soap, but in such large batches I'm left with the problem of what to do with all the soap, because I want to do another batch.
Norma
Totally loved this book. If you love making soap this book is a must have. It has great tips and techniques with colors and swirls. The book is filled with great colorful pictures and is as very detailed.
Jessica
Apr 26, 2013 Jessica added it
Shelves: netgalley
Thank you Netgalley and Storey Publishing!

Review coming soon!
Jojo
A great reference book for the soap minded maker.
Alethea A
Magnificent! Full review to come.
Lauren
Lauren added it
Jul 07, 2014
Judy
Judy added it
Jun 17, 2014
Gay Jimenez
Gay Jimenez marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2014
Riva
Riva marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Kristyn
Kristyn is currently reading it
Mar 31, 2014