Start by marking “Blowing It” as Want to Read:
Blowing It

Blowing It

3.17 of 5 stars 3.17  ·  rating details  ·  103 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Sorrel is about to go off on her Gap Year. She sooo wants a home to come home to.

Ilex, her brother, is trying to upgrade his flat and marry his smart girlfriend Manda. He'd like some immediate equity.

Clover, the elder sister, has plans that involve a bijou second home in France. And she wants it now.

If only their parents would be sensible. If only they would sell their lar...more
Published May 27th 2010 by Transworld Digital (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Blowing It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blowing It

Rebecca
An entertaining, quick read. More about families and for the most part in a positive light, which I always enjoy.

A couple composed of aging music hippies feel like they want a change, but their grown children who are more straight laced then them worry about them. The children worry about their parents for the future because it's obvious that the hippie parents do not. A typical twist, but entertaining none-the-less. The couple also have a late in life daughter who is just finishing high school,...more
Tara
I listened to this as an audio book and found it perfect. Easy listening. Humorous. Light hearted. I wanted it all to work out predictably. Feel good chick lit.
Maureen Vincent-Northam
One-time hippies and members of a 60s rock band, Lottie and Mac are planning to sell their large and valuable family house and set off for a world-trip. The fly in the ointment is the trio of grown up children who, for various reasons, are less than happy about their feckless parents spending their inheritance.

Good fun.

Kathleen Kole
Liked the concept, enjoyed the characters and it flowed easily. Read this one on my Kindle and only "issue" was that it was not well formatted for the medium. Such is life, didn't change the story; just made it a bit of a challenge in places when the setting, or character pov, changed.
Melinda Hammond
Maybe it's because I am an ageing rocker myself but I really enjoyed this book!
Warm and quietly funny rather4 than laugh out loud
Toni
good book, nothing special and it took me a while to get through (compared to my other books ) would recommend for an easy read
Justine
A bit boring when you start reading it but it turns out pretty good! Totally worth reading.
Amanda Burton
Fun light and entertaining! Very easy. Perfect for my hols
Beth Lloyd
Short, funny, easy, nice.
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Natasha
Natasha marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Lou
Lou marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Somethingsnotright
Somethingsnotright marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Kally
Kally marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Maddy Farrow
Maddy Farrow marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Gitte
Gitte added it
Jun 14, 2014
Amanda Robinson
Amanda Robinson marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Judy Astley started writing in 1990 following several years of working as a dressmaker, illustrator, painter and parent. Her sixteen novels, the most recent of which are Laying The Ghost and Other People¹s Husbands, are all published by Transworld/Black Swan. Judy¹s specialist areas, based on many years of hectic personal experience, are domestic disharmony and family chaos with a good mix of love...more
More about Judy Astley...
Unchained Melanie Pleasant Vices Laying the Ghost All Inclusive Just For The Summer