Start by marking “Blowing It” as Want to Read:
Blowing It

Blowing It

Sorrel is about to go off on her Gap Year. She sooo wants a home to come home to.

Ilex, her brother, is trying to upgrade his flat and marry his smart girlfriend Manda. He'd like some immediate equity.

Clover, the elder sister, has plans that involve a bijou second home in France. And she wants it now.

If only their parents would be sensible. If only they would sell their lar
Published May 27th 2010 by Transworld Digital (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Blowing It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blowing It

Jun 03, 2011 Rebecca rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chicklit
An entertaining, quick read. More about families and for the most part in a positive light, which I always enjoy.

A couple composed of aging music hippies feel like they want a change, but their grown children who are more straight laced then them worry about them. The children worry about their parents for the future because it's obvious that the hippie parents do not. A typical twist, but entertaining none-the-less. The couple also have a late in life daughter who is just finishing high school,
Sep 30, 2015 Bex rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An amusing read and much better than the last one I read by this author, All Inclusive. However from the cover picture I did actually think the story was going to include some travelling, but it was all about the build up!! Some of the comments reminded me of our own situation, when as 'empty nesters' we decided to sell the family home and come and live abroad.
Anne Cotton
May 19, 2016 Anne Cotton rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Absolute trash, just like the last book of hers I read. I wish my Mum hadn't given me these books. They are really not worth reading. I can't stand the way the author writes, you can tell she's really full of her own importance by the language she uses. I'm afraid she got on my nerves from start to finish!
Jun 18, 2014 Tara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-book
I listened to this as an audio book and found it perfect. Easy listening. Humorous. Light hearted. I wanted it all to work out predictably. Feel good chick lit.
Maureen Vincent-Northam
One-time hippies and members of a 60s rock band, Lottie and Mac are planning to sell their large and valuable family house and set off for a world-trip. The fly in the ointment is the trio of grown up children who, for various reasons, are less than happy about their feckless parents spending their inheritance.

Good fun.

Kathleen Kole
Liked the concept, enjoyed the characters and it flowed easily. Read this one on my Kindle and only "issue" was that it was not well formatted for the medium. Such is life, didn't change the story; just made it a bit of a challenge in places when the setting, or character pov, changed.
Ankita Gour
funny and engaging.
Melinda Hammond
Sep 05, 2012 Melinda Hammond rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Maybe it's because I am an ageing rocker myself but I really enjoyed this book!
Warm and quietly funny rather4 than laugh out loud
Dec 20, 2011 Toni rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
good book, nothing special and it took me a while to get through (compared to my other books ) would recommend for an easy read
Jun 21, 2014 Justine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A bit boring when you start reading it but it turns out pretty good! Totally worth reading.
Oct 23, 2015 Laura rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
Took me a while to get into the book, but turned into a easy read.
Amanda Burton
Fun light and entertaining! Very easy. Perfect for my hols
Beth Lloyd
Short, funny, easy, nice.
I read in 2007
Julie Murphy
Julie Murphy rated it liked it
Oct 19, 2016
Pat Elvidge
Pat Elvidge marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2016
Caroline marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2016
loisa added it
Sep 12, 2016
Angie Cain
Angie Cain marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Sara added it
Sep 02, 2016
Aimee marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2016
Cerrie Spall
Cerrie Spall rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2016
Miss D E Keach
Miss D E Keach marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2016
Desislava rated it liked it
Aug 19, 2016
Fatos added it
Jul 07, 2016
Kathleen rated it it was ok
Jul 04, 2016
Judy Parker
Judy Parker rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2016
Pam Hughes
Pam Hughes marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2016
Cristie Tredeau
Cristie Tredeau marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
  • Just the Three of Us
  • A Single to Rome
  • How to Lose a Husband and Gain a Life
  • The Ex-Wife's Survival Guide
  • Making Hay (Honeycote, #2)
  • The Weeping and the Laughter
  • Dark Undertakings (Drew Slocombe, #1)
  • True
  • Shadowlands
  • Goodbye Hamilton
  • A Kept Woman
  • Lost for Words
  • A Crack in Forever
  • Growing Up Twice
Judy Astley started writing in 1990 following several years of working as a dressmaker, illustrator, painter and parent. Her sixteen novels, the most recent of which are Laying The Ghost and Other Peoples Husbands, are all published by Transworld/Black Swan. Judys specialist areas, based on many years of hectic personal experience, are domestic disharmony and family chaos with a good mix of love-a ...more
More about Judy Astley...