Start by marking “Kill Me Once” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Kill Me Once

Jon Osborne

Kill Me Once (Dana Whitestone #1)

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  202 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Nathan Stiedowe is seeking perfection - and he has been learning from the best. Recreating some of the most sickening murders in history, his objective appears chillingly simple, but his true motive remains unclear.

On the trail of this sadistic monster is FBI Special Agent Dana Whitestone. Driven by the brutal childhood slaying of her parents, Dana's relentless pursuit of
Published January 20th 2011 by Cornerstone Digital (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Kill Me Once, please sign up.

Betsy Hetzel I'm at 50% and I'd say "yes", so far. And, you know what.... you missed a good one with NO MOTIVE for MURDER.…moreI'm at 50% and I'd say "yes", so far. And, you know what.... you missed a good one with NO MOTIVE for MURDER.(less)

Michael
Nathan Stiedowe wants to be remembered. Not for a good deed but to go down in history as the most prolific and perfect serial killer of all time. Copying killings from some of the most notorious serial killers in history Nathan wants to celebrate his heroes while not making the mistakes of these evil people. Exstensive planning goes into all the killing that makes the authorities chances of finding him remote. One of the those trying to stop this killer is FBI special agent Dana Whitestone who a ...more
Amber (the smiling cupcake)
Emma
So many twists and turns in this book but couldn't put it down....nearly missed my stop on the train a few times as I was that engrossed!
Recommend it to any crime fan!
Adam
FANTASTIC FANTASTIC FANTASTIC!

For three days I could not put it down, reading it at any chance I got! 'Kill Me Once' got you addicted to it from the first page in, constantly finding out new things about the serial killer, the FBI agent (and other insignificants).

The way that several past serial killers were recreated with the errors that got them caught removed was truly masterful, even if it was some what graphic in places.

I did however, find that the ending was somewhat of an anti-climax, co
idkaaw
First decided to read the book because Karin Slaughter, another mystery/thriller author, was quoted at the back, praising the book.
Kill Me Once wasn't disappointing, as even though we already know who the killer is, I was still second-guessing the actual identity of the killer. Some of the downside was that the clues of what relationship the killer had with the detective was quickly given out from the beginning of the book, but as you read on, you'd find actual reason for his hatred. To me, it
Betsy Hetzel
I liked many things about this book:
1. It was well-written and the serial killer killings were well-researched and described in detail. I learned that 86% of the world's serial killers are heterosexual.
2. I liked how the killer was not just a copycat of these original crimes, but he corrected their mistakes that eventually got them caught, and he made NO mistakes.
3. I liked the personal connection between the killer and the FBI Agent Dana Whitestone: his biological mother was Sara Whitestone, wh
Sue Caldwell
Very good, serial killer who becomes obsessed with maintianig perfection in his life and re creating a number of murders in history. The FBI are finding it difficult to understand what the serial killer true motive is, but it becomes apparent to FBI Special Agent Dana Whitestone that is very personal. The killer is a very clever but also very dangerous. Not for the faint hearted.
Rob
I am the demographic for this book. I love true crime, thrillers, and horror - and this book has all of them, woven together in a unique and original cop vs. killer story. In my opinion, this is better than anything James Patterson has written in the past 5 or 6 years. Looking forward to this authors next effort.
Yvi
Wirklich ein guter Thriller. An manchen Stellen was für die 'Blutdürstigen' unter den Thrillerfans, andererseits auch für die, die mehr auf die psychologische Folter Wert legen. ;)
Ales in allem sehr lesenswert und 4 Sterne von mir...
Thomas
Der Plot ist zwar ein bisschen konstruiert. Macht aber nichts, hochspannend ist das Buch allemal und sicherlich nichts für zartbesaitete Gemüter.
David
Quite good, a new author to me. I believe this is his first book and a new one is due out now so will try to get that one.
Karsyn
was looking for something similar to Chris Carter. This wasn't on that par, but was really enjoyable!
Liz
loved the story. interesting concept about the killer. was glad that i won it.
Patsy
enjpyed this, will definately read more from this author.
Claire Pettifer
brilliant book, was hooked from start to finish.
Kabardey
I just loved it! nuff said
Kim
Just stared loving it
Elizabeth
Impossible to put down, compelling from the first page. I stayed up all night reading it! Beautifully written, too. I cried because I really felt for the characters. It's quite brutal in parts, but not gratuitously so. I'm eager to read the follow-up.
Katie
Lutine Bonnemaison
Un excellent thriller qui m'a tenue en haleine du début à la fin.
Seul bémol, une question laissée sans réponse quant aux premiers meurtres du tueur et leur signification, alors que tous les autres trouvent sens au fil de l'intrigue.
Quoiqu'il en soit, j'ai eu du mal à le lâcher avant de l'avoir terminé.
Sharon
I seem to one of the very few people who didn't like this book. I've reached 156 pages and decided no more.

The storyline could have been interesting but the main character's were pretty run of the mill - female cop with traumatic childhood now a want-to-do-everything-herself type. The male offsider who is attracted to her (and vice-versa) and my main gripe is that the killer has uttered the words "that bitch who stole my life" to himself FIVE times already in only 156 pages!!!! Enough!!!

Taking
Matt
This novel was so good I went out and purchased a set of 30 dvds on serial killers. The way Jon writes is to my taste. The pages were turned deep into the night where tiredness seemed to be nowhere in sight. A fantastic novel
Jasmin
Spannend und interessant, jedoch kein Buch, was einem lange im Gedächtnis bleibt.
Valentina
amazing page turning book that had me surprised at every turn. Very suspenseful and creative
Alisa Müller
Alisa Müller is currently reading it
Aug 25, 2015
Andreea Cosa
Andreea Cosa marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
  • Das Wesen
  • American Devil. Oliver Stark
  • Abgeschnitten
  • The Night Stalker (Robert Hunter, #3)
  • Someone Else's Son
  • The Surrogate (Brennan & Esposito, #1)
  • Kill Town, USA
  • Fan Mail (Sophie Anderson, #3)
  • The Closer
  • Something Wicked
  • De geur van regen (Paul Vegter #3)
  • I'm Watching You
  • Schnitt
  • Wax
  • Baby X: Britain's Child Abusers Brought To Justice
  • Tainted Justice
  • In the Dark
  • Four D
1977720
Jon Osborne has been a newspaper reporter for a decade, most recently for the Naples Daily News in Florida, where he covered everything from bake sales to triple murders. He is a veteran of the United States Navy. He is the author of KILL ME ONCE (2011) and the forthcoming A GAME OF CHANCE (2012).
More about Jon Osborne...

Dana Whitestone (2 books)
  • A Game of Chance
A Game of Chance Skin: The White Power Murders SHARP FORCE TRAUMA: A SERIAL KILLER THRILLER Three Times a Lady (Dana Whitestone Mystery #3) THE CALENDAR KIDNAPPER: The Exceedingly Odd Tale of Rainbow Bridges