Just Me

Just Me

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  76 ratings  ·  12 reviews
'Well now, prove it, Sheila. As John would say, "Put your money where your mouth is." Be a depressed widow boring the arse off everyone, or get on with life. Your choice.'In "The Two of Us "Sheila Hancock relived her life with John Thaw - years packed with love and family, work and houses, delight and despair. And then she looked ahead. What next? Gardening, grannying and...more
Published November 3rd 2008 by Turtleback Books (first published September 18th 2008)

Sal Noel
I decided to take a break from Radio news on the way to work and scoured the charity shops for more audio books. Just Me was interesting to a degree; I think her sister's story would have been more enthralling. I think I would have abandoned it if I'd have been reading it (only because I have so many other books to read) but as an audio book, was fine.
Angie
This is Hancock's 2nd book following 'the Two of Us' - in this she describes her life following the death of her husband. I found her very honest writing about how she felt about finding out she had German ancestry and having lived through the war with her family, she was very candid about her own prejudices in very open and frank way. Not as good as her first book but still a pleasant enough read.
Maree
I thought initially this would be a little boring but I was surprised by Sheila Hancock's account of her life after John Thaw had passed away and I guess it leaves you wondering how you would cope in the same situation. The last couple of paragraphs brings a tear to your eye.
Rosslyn
Sheila Hancock is fiesty and I am glad. Although I doubt she is an easy travelling companion her determination to face the demons of grief and to analise her choices, views, prejudices has to be admired. I'm glad she kept the house in Provence.
Lynsey
Another captivating memoir from Sheila Hancock. She is intelligent, interesting and funny and I love her anecdotal style. I will read anything that she writes.
Eleanor Taylor
Sorry but didn't enjoy it like The Two of us,some. The early life and the latter part of life was good and enjoyed it.Found who do you think you are parts very boring
Jamie Masq
A good read giving insight into her blunt, enquisitive persona while showing her emotions at times of stress that many hold secret.
Pamala Hansford
gave this to Mum,and read while at home on holiday! I like her writing, humour and observances of life as a widow and an OAP.
Jackie
I found it difficult to read not as interesting as her first book.
Ros
Slightly muddled book verging between a memoir and a rant.
Eileen
Very good. Shows there is life after losing a loved one.
Chloe Huxtable-jones
Chloe Huxtable-jones marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Charlotte
Charlotte is currently reading it
Feb 23, 2014
Sean Kasanova
Sean Kasanova marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2014
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Two of Us: My Life with John Thaw Ramblings Of An Actress Miss Carter's War Connections: Ideas for Writing Single Voices