Start by marking “Diary of the White Witch (The Beauchamp Family, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Diary of the White Witch (The Beauchamp Family, #0.5)

Diary of the White Witch (The Beauchamp Family 0.5)

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  791 ratings  ·  59 reviews
The exciting prequel to the Witches of East End series from Blue Bloods author, Melissa de la Cruz.
Published June 12th 2012 by Hyperion (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Diary of the White Witch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Diary of the White Witch

Jen
I read this book after I had finished Cruz's first two novels, and while I enjoyed Ingrid's story I felt it was unnecessary. In the first book "Witches of the East End" I don't get the sense that the Beauchamp women really felt that evil was comming as the reader was led to believe in this book. It just felt a little forced to me, more of an afterthought then a real prequel.
Stephanie Cover2CoverBlog
Background: Diary of the White Witch is a prequel to the Witches of East End series. This novella is taken from Diary of Ingrid Beauchamp. They are her diary entries explaining how she found and got the job at the library and how mysterious dark things have followed her.

Review: I have not read the Witches of east end books yet, but I plan on it, so I though that by reading this "prequel" I would gain a better understanding of the East End witches and why the books began, but in reality it was ju
Myndi
This little prequel gives a bit more insight into the characters. Mainly Ingrid. It shows how she came back to North Hampton and why. Shows a bit of what she can do, powers-wise, and what her return was like. We also get to see a bit of Joanna and Freya too though. Nice little beginning to the story and the world.
travis
Another witchly spell

I gave this book five stars because I truly love all the blue blood books and spinoffs but I dislike how short it was but I know it was supposed to be and I recommend this book to everyone
Maren
I can't believe I actually paid $0.99 for this! so disappointing. I saw that it was a prequel for the Witches of East End novels so I jumped on it before I saw the length... I didn't even notice until I was a few pages in and it said I was at 31% already! Now you could blame me for not reading the page number because it is there. But the content was really weak!! For a prequel you kind of expect some background information of some kind. This was more like an opening to a novel rather than a preq ...more
I decided to read this book before reading The Witches of East End.
I have found it to be great in knowing how it all started with Ingrid going back home.
I quiet enjoyed it.
Stacey
The "Witches of East End" series is an adult spin off of Melissa de la Cruz's YA series "Blue Bloods". For full disclosure I have not started the "Blue Bloods" series yet and I am not familiar with any of those characters. Despite that I was completed sucked into this series about two sisters who are witches and have long been separated from each other. This story sees them move back home to their mom Joanna, also a witch. They have long been banned from doing magic but that doesn't stop the fir ...more
Diana
Ingrid decides it's time to go home to North Hampton.

This is a short prequel, written as Ingrid's diary, which explains how the three Beauchamp women come back together in North Hampton. It's not really a lot of information, and the train episode seems like it's not connected to what happens later.
L8blmr
Too bad I did not know about this little story before I read the first book in the Witches of East End series. As it is, I had no trouble with book #1 beginning where it did, but the prequel would give a new reader a little bit of the back story that comes out more gradually in the full-length novel.
Jackie
I decided to read this and the Witches of East End books because of the TV show that I loved! Was very upset it got cancelled. This book was very very short but good. Just plan on reading the next book, otherwise it just seems to end abruptly. Made me want to read the next one ; )
North Richland Hills Public Library
I wanted to read something by Melissa de la Cruz because of her increasing popularity but this was short, very short. It did not pique my interest enough to want to read the series.
Audrey
Ridiculously written. I don't know why I continue to pick up books by de la Cruz -- probably because I like her ideas/stories. It's just too bad that I hate the way she writes.
douglass russell
Too Short

I was just getting into the story and it was over. It would have been a good read,but alas was not to be
Katie Bowie
Decided to read the prequel first even though it didn't come first. Not at all a bad start. Guess I'll see what comes next.
Hillary Rounds
Nook Book. I am so happy I got this for free. I love this book. I have actually read this book 2 this year.
Ilili
Short, very short. It did not pique my interest enough to want to read the series.
Emy Maldonado
I love Witches of East End...this was a great, little, short story!
Margo
I was hoping it was going to be from further back in time. Still a cute read.
Jamie Cox
Love it but too short

loved this book but only a weeks of write...I want more.
it would have been if she wrote more of her passed life
This felt too much like a cliched rom-com. Ingrid wore simple clothes and wore her hair in a tight bun and adamantly declared she had no interest in dating. Then, during her job search, Ingrid meets a man that she finds very attractive but she decides is a horrible human for lying to her. Will she decide she actually does want someone to love? Will he teach her that there's more to life than career? I guess I'll find out in the next book.
Shoaib
A brief guide on Ingrid's life before she moved back in with her mother. It's a short read so it can't really be referred to as a book.
❂ Jennifer (reviews on BookLikes)
No plot, just diary entries. Confusing.
Nawaf
I am highly disappointed and shocked.

This book, or should I say booklet, serves no purpose to the whole concept of Witches of East. It's mainly focused on Ingrid and on her short trip to North Hampton and that's it !

I expected more.
Airaseem Perdomo
I really didnt know what was happening in the beginning and than we got the POV of the main character and her journey back home but it was too short and there was like a typo with the dates which make me mad cause someone should of catch that and fixed it. But beside that I like to read any extra stuff of the beauchamp family.
 Spanxmcb (Yovanka)
I'm not sure why this was published as a prequel. I bought it out of curiosity.

Ultimately, it wasn't really a prequel to anything that has happened in the series so far (I just finished Serpent's Kiss) and it didn't provide any insights into the characters...it just seemed to float in space without being anchored to anything.
♫Julie♪
I liked to see more about the what happened to the characters before the first book of a series came out.

Here, we follow Ingrid's path as she leads us to what brought her back to Joanna's.

I really liked that form of a diary and I would love to see more of these in the future. *hint to melissa de la cruz* lol
Vannessa
This very short, 26 pager, was an ok insight to the beginning of this series, which I want to read after watching the TV programme last year. It kind of gave you some reasons why Ingrid wanted everyone to return home again. It whet my appetite but was too short for any more.
Jess
So this is the prequal to the witches of east end by Melissa de la Cruz I have to say it left me wanting more.so I will have to get more. Its an I introduction to what looks to be a good series.so if you have read the series but not this no Ella you should get it and read.
Sheri
I'm not sure that this is even a book. It was on kindle without page numbers, but I think it was about 10 pages long. Overdramatic and introductory. Best thing I can say is it lets me know I'm not interested in the series.
Alisha
Very easy and short read.
Being a prequel it takes place before 'Witches of East End' even begin, broken up into 5 different journal entries it's very easy to follow.
I was personally able to read it within an hour.
  • What the Heart Wants (Hearts and Arrows, #2.5)
  • The Warren Witches (Charmed)
  • The Dark Discovery of Jack Dandy (Steampunk Chronicles, #2.5)
  • Vengeance Moon (Earth Witches, #2)
  • Capitol Magic
  • Isolation (The Witches of Santa Anna, #10)
  • The Witch Awakening (The Landers Saga, #1)
  • Carnival of Lies (Untamed City, #0.5)
  • Silent Echoes (Games of Zeus, #2)
  • The First Midnight Spell (Spellcaster #0.5)
  • Gen #1
  • In Vino Veritas (Dorina Basarab, #2.1)
  • An Evening for Vayl and Jaz (Jaz Parks #4.5)
21911
Melissa de la Cruz is the New York Times and USA Today best-selling author of many critically acclaimed and award-winning novels for teens including The Au Pairs series, the Blue Bloods series, the Ashleys series, the Angels on Sunset Boulevard series and the semi-autobiographical novel Fresh off the Boat.

Her books for adults include the novel Cat’s Meow, the anthology Girls Who Like Boys Who Like
More about Melissa de la Cruz...

The Beauchamp Family (3 books)
  • Witches of East End (The Beauchamp Family, #1)
  • Serpent's Kiss (The Beauchamp Family #2)
  • Winds of Salem (The Beauchamp Family, #3)
Blue Bloods (Blue Bloods, #1) Masquerade (Blue Bloods, #2) Revelations (Blue Bloods, #3) The Van Alen Legacy (Blue Bloods, #4) Misguided Angel (Blue Bloods, #5)