Start by marking “Wild Grace: What Happens When Grace Happens” as Want to Read:
Wild Grace: What Happens When Grace Happens

Wild Grace: What Happens When Grace Happens

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Bestselling author Max Lucado explains that if teens let God's grace change them, shape them, and strengthen them, their lives will never be the same.

Today's teens are being shaped by the pressures and disappointments of the world. But Max Lucado encourages them to take a close look at what can shape their hearts and their futures from the inside out-God's grace.

As Max exp
Published September 11th 2012 by Thomas Nelson Publishers (first published September 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Wild Grace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Grace

Jody
Sep 26, 2012 Jody rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Bestselling author Max Lucado explains that if teens let God’s grace change them, shape them, and strengthen them, their lives will never be the same. The pressures and disappointments of the world are shaping today’s teens. However, Max Lucado encourages them to take a close look at what can shape their hearts and their futures from the inside out—God’s grace.

Lucado has done it again in this wonderfully written book for teens on the Grace of God. I love how he inserts true short stories in this
Kit-Kat~(chocolate, books, fam, friends, and jesus girl!)
i loved this book. it really put grace into a perspective, and demonstrated it with easy language to comprehend, and stories from other people. i read this at the perfect time, and im not surprised, because God is always right on time.
Gail Welborn
James Lund’s adaptation of Max Lucado’s Wild Grace is about teens who allow the moving power of God’s grace to change and shape them. This much needed book offers hope and inspiration to youth, many of whom are stressed from what were once uncommon situations they now cope with everyday such as the statistics below.

“Suicide is the third leading cause of death among teens,” Dr. Phil: http://tinyurl.com/bmmk7du
“Approximately one-third of the United States homeless population is youth,” Raychelle
Katie (It's Time to Read) Leversuch
I received this book from Netgalley and even though it was written for young adults, I found it a helpful book. This is the third book I have read by Max Lucado and I find him easy to read, clear and accessible.

In this book, Lucado explores the theme of God's grace and how it can change the lives of everyone who receives it. Christian theology teaches that if you confess with your mouth and believe in your heart that Jesus is Lord you will be saved. The theology goes deeper than that, saying tha
Brenten Gilbert
Rating: 3.5

Wild Grace - as you might gather from the cover illustration (though you know how the saying goes) and the addition of the term “wild” - is geared for a younger audience. I think it is recommended for 13 years and up. It’s a repackaged, repurposed, and redesigned version of Grace for youth groups everywhere. The pages feature a layout designed for shorter attention spans - littered with inset quotes, sidetrack stories (that do tie in nicely with the main content), and inline discussio
Kristin
My daughter selected this book for herself. I've always been intrigued by the subject of grace, so I read it after her. I'd give it a four for teens and a three for adults. The author uses ample stories to illustrate the related concepts he's discussing (e.g. divine power, rebellion, mercy, confession), which are universally appealing. But the examples he uses are definitely aimed at teens (e.g. exams, parties, sports teams).

Early on the author asks: "Have you been changed by grace? Shaped by gr
Deena Shoemaker
I was a little wary of this book due ONLY to the other reviews I had read on Max's original book, Grace. (Wild Grace is an adaption of that book, in case you were wondering). People didn't seem to like that book at all. So I was afraid.
Which is ridiculous, really. Because this is Max we're talking about here. Since when are his books anything less than 5 star quality?

This book is good. Lucado good.
I adored it. Not only that, I read it in three hours. I couldn't put it down.

It gives you small
Danielle
I was provided a complimentary copy of this book by Book Sneeze in exchange for an honest review.

There have been times in my life when I don't know how I managed to get through certain trials and remain intact. Surely by now I should be damaged and hopeless, should have given in to vices or changed who and what I put my faith into. I used to explain that it's like God has put a shield over me to protect me from harm; after reading Max Lucado's Wild Grace, I have realized it wasn't a shield per
Amanda (Born Bookish)
This is the first time I’ve read the teen edition of one of Mr. Lucado’s books and I’m sad to say I didn’t enjoy it as much as his adult books. Don’t get me wrong, he is still an incredible author and pretty much the only non-fiction author I will read, but I was a little disappointed.

The layout of the book was extremely nice, with fancy chapter headings, pop out quotations and such: really gorgeous. The story was adapted for teens by James Lund, but I felt the adaptation was a little too “hip”
Angie Vallejo
"Wild Grace" is fantastic adaptation of Max Lucado's book "Grace" for teens by James Lund. It takes all the basic points and text from Max's book and accommodates it completely for a teen's reading and comprehension level without being too simplex. There are fascinating story examples in addition to question prompts throughout the book for a teen to journal their own story from previously discussed topics. The story examples and length of the book will make it enticing for a teenager to read, an ...more
Henk-Jan van der Klis
Bestselling author Max Lucado recently produced a multimedia series on the concept of God's grace. Based on the original Grace book, James Lund did a fine adaption to relate to teenagers and explain to them what happens when grace happens in Wild Grace. One-liners as "See for yourself what you are - God's personal remodeling project", "Grace is power, not just pardon" and "Grace is precious because He is. Grace changes lives because He does." leads to the conclusion that the same work God did th ...more
Kyle
This is a very similar book to Max's book "Grace" but is adapted for teens and young adults. I have read both "Grace" and "Wild Grace" and both are similar and different in ways too. To me, this book felt a little longer than "Grace" and to me probably had more information.

This book features some stories of some teens that found God's grace! There are also questions in the book with some space to write your answers. This a great book and a good size for anyone wanting to read to learn more abou
Lexie
This is a wonderful book especially for teens, but could be for adults as well. It's fairly short, and very interesting to read. Max Lucado does a very good job of taking Bible verses, real-life stories, made-up metaphors, quotes, and words of great meaning, and stringing them all together to tell an amazing and life changing story about God's grace for us all, and what that means for us, did for us, does for us, and will do for us, as well as how to apply it all to our lives.
Garin College
A short but punchy look at grace. Full of real stories and questions to make you stop and think. A very powerful book.
Mandi Fertig
Mandi Fertig is currently reading it
Jan 06, 2015
Nicole Unger
Nicole Unger marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Elisa Mencer-wilson
Elisa Mencer-wilson marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Kelley Taylor
Kelley Taylor marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Sharon Piper
Sharon Piper marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Michelle Blake
Michelle Blake marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Rebecca Esmail
Rebecca Esmail marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Mallory
Mallory marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Denise Whited
Denise Whited marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Max Lucado has touched millions with his signature storytelling writing style. Awards and accolades follow Max with each book he writes. Max is the first author to win the Gold Medallion Christian Book of the Year three times—1999 for Just Like Jesus, 1997 for In the Grip of Grace and 1995 for When God Whispers Your Name. In 2005, Reader’s Digest dubbed him “America’s Best Preacher.” In addition, ...more
More about Max Lucado...
You Are Special He Chose the Nails Facing Your Giants In the Grip of Grace: You Can't Fall Beyond His Love Fearless: Imagine Your Life Without Fear