Start by marking “Dreams and Visions: Is Jesus Awakening the Muslim World?” as Want to Read:
Dreams and Visions: Is Jesus Awakening the Muslim World?

Dreams and Visions: Is Jesus Awakening the Muslim World?

4.5 of 5 stars 4.50  ·  rating details  ·  146 ratings  ·  40 reviews
Jesus appears to be revealing Himself to Muslims through powerful dreams and visions throughout the Islamic world today, and the results are dramatic.

Eleven years ago, Pastor Tom Doyle felt God calling him to leave the pastorate and become a full-time missionary in the Middle East and Central Asia. Through his extensive work in the region, which includes over 80 trips to p...more
Published September 1st 2012 by Thomas Nelson Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Dreams and Visions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dreams and Visions

Frank Peters
Real live adventure stories

“Dreams and Visions” by Tom Doyle is an exciting set of stories from the Middle East about how Jesus is appearing to Muslims. The book cycles through the major counties in the Middle East with stories of how real people have had their lives changed through Jesus. Each story is fairly short and many are told as adventure stories, and as a result are impossible to stop reading part way. Interspersed through the book are various commentaries from the author who reflects o...more
Debbie
"Dreams and Visions" contains confirmed, first-hand accounts of Muslims who have dreamed about or had visions of Jesus. These dreams motivated them to seek out Christians and ask questions about Jesus and for a Bible to read. Christians have been able to use these visions as a way to lead Muslims to Christ. It was exciting to read about how God is powerfully working in the Middle East!

Do I believe God can send dreams and visions? Of course. There are examples of this in the Old and New Testamen...more
Spencer Cummins
Dreams and Visions: Is Jesus Awakening the Muslim World? By Tom Doyle with Greg Webster
Pastor Tom Doyle, full time missionary in the Middle East and Central Asia has spent over 11 years spreading the good news of Jesus Christ among Muslims. In his time in ministry, he has witnessed many Muslims who had specific dreams and visions of Jesus. Despite the Muslim rule of law in many countries that says that if you convert to Christianity, death will be your end, many Muslims are pursuing Jesus after...more
Erica Smith
Christ is showing himself to Muslims and it happens to be a wakeup call for every believer. In Tom Doyle’s latest book, “Dreams and Visions: Is Jesus Awakening the Muslim World?” He explores stories told by real Muslims of how they encountered Jesus in their dreams and visions. Beware though; this book is more than just case studies of how they met Jesus. It is a powerful tool for Christians.

In each chapter, there is a situation, a need, and a dream. For example, there is a Muslim wife who is ig...more
Erlyn Trinidad
I have nothing but praises for Mr. Doyle's work in Dreams and Visions: Is Jesus Awakening the Muslim World? But more than the narrative and page-turning compilation of the amazing stories of visions and dreams of Jesus that our Muslim brothers are having, is of course, the only Savior Himself - Jesus!

We all know or at least are familiar with the persecution of Muslims who converted to become a follower of Jesus Christ, it is a downright dangerous path for them. And since the risks involved for m...more
Elizabeth
I like stories (I loved my anthropology classes at A&M). You might think I read a lot of fiction (and you would be right) but nothing, not even a vampire-werewolf-love triangle, can hold a candle to real life stories of faith, forgiveness and finding your way. They are my favorite type of stories and Dreams and Visions by Tom Doyle is full of these types of stories. I love that he begins but stating that these are NOT fairy tales, but that he himself or someone trusted close to him, know the...more
Gregory Soderberg
This was an amazing book. I have to admit I was a bit skeptical at first. I typically don't give much credence to "dreams" or "visions", but the overall argument of the book is compelling. Doyle lists many examples of Jesus appearing to Muslims all over the Middle East, and the cumulative effect is astonished gratitude for how God is showing His face to people trapped in dark places. The stories of torture, persecution, and execution were heart-breaking, and stirred me up to pray more diligently...more
Scott Fisher
This was one of those "hard to put down" books! Doyle tells the stories of Muslims throughout the world who are converting to faith in Jesus Christ through one-on-one encounters with Jesus in dreams and visions. He's careful to build the case stating that no one goes to bed a Muslim and wakes up a Christian (or Jesus follower). But the encounters begin a journey of asking questions, researching on the internet, and studying the Bible, followed by miraculous encounters with other Jesus followers...more
Rebekah Joy
One of my favorite books of all time!!! What a powerful, eye-opening account of how Jesus Himself is appearing to Muslims...that they may know Truth and embrace Him as Savior. The gripping stories of former Muslims who became followers of Christ will challenge you as you witness their depth of faith that compels them to seek out and share Truth at the ever-present risk of losing their own lives.
Doug Peters
4.5 stars, actually -- but only because the "conversational" tone of the book sometimes made it difficult to follow.

Amazing subject; amazing book -- and there is an almost palpable love and joy that permeates the whole thing!
Bigmg
Pastor Doyle has cataloged and told beautifully stories from Muslim men and women who have experienced profound conversions to Christianity. All have risked their lives in ways Americans cannot imagine. Indeed, some have paid with their lives.
Why? Why would someone risk it all and give up family, friends, government and social prominence for an outlawed religion?
Love.
The central theme of each conversion isn't to hate Muslims, or blow anyone up, but to love all mankind.
As Christ visited each o...more
Cheryl
Basically this book is about stories of dreams and visions of the person of Jesus as He reveals Himself to Muslims in nine different countries around the world. I had heard about these encounters happening but never saw more than a brief paragraph summary. These stories are in much more detail and I found them intriguing.

Also included is a brief summary of several key dreams and visions in the Bible and information on how to test your dreams against scripture.

The object of the stories, that is t...more
Angelica
Before hearing of this book, I had read Joel C. Rosenberg's latest fictional Twelfth Imam series where Muslims started experiencing visions of Jesus. I thought that was a fascinating and cool concept but I didn't conceive that it had any basis in truth. Let me just say that I was absolutely delighted to read the *true* real-life stories behind that plot-line. How exciting and encouraging to read of how Jesus is calling Muslims to Himself by appearing to them in dreams and visions and then connec...more
Ellie
"Dreams and Visions: Is Jesus awakening the Muslim World?" by Tom Doyle

I loved this book so much! It is my favorite (other than the Bible) and that means a lot because I read more than a book a day.

If your kid is going to read this, they should be at least 7 years old. There's some things that may scare them. One girl dies because she loves Jesus. It is her brother who kills her. And one person threatens with a gun. But that's only to get to safety so they can learn about Jesus.

This book is a...more
laura b. hollenbeck
Fascinating

this book is so fascinating and inspiring. I couldn't put it down. I'm awed at what our great God is doing in the world. also helps me see Muslims in a new light and realize they aren't all terrorists. thank you for writing this book and opening my eyes.
Brian
This is an inspiring book that leaves me wanting more information. Doyle implies over and over that this is happening throughout the Muslim world, but lacks any guess about the extent...is it tens, hundreds, thousands or more that are having these visions? Inquiring minds want to know.
Donna Hesselbaum
I love the idea that this is happening and that those who have had dreams are putting as much zeal into their Christianity as they are taught to do with Islam. The stories that were chosen for the book were interesting and the author's closing comments really hit home. It read more like a textbook, though.
Geraldine Robinson
Awesome book.

I could hardly put this book down such a great read. I plan to buy hard copy to loan to friends.
Silje Pettersen holand
I loved this book! One of those books you cant put away until you've finished it:) It really strengthened my faith:)
Sharon
I couldn't put this book down, it was so interesting! The author tells the stories of people in the Middle East who met Jesus through dreams and visions. This led each of them to search out someone who could explain just who this Jesus is. They couldn't understand how this person whom they thought of as just a prophet could come to them and make them feel so loved. Most of them became strong Christians, even when doing so put their lives in great danger.
cloudyskye
Fast unglaublich, was in diesem Buch berichtet wird. Wenn ich nicht an unseren großen Gott glauben würde, würde ich es für Wunschträume und Märchen halten. Ich bin aber überzeugt, daß alles das Ergebnis von Gebet ist, und daß ohne das ausdauernde Gebet des Glaubens der weltweiten Gemeinde nichts passieren würde. Sehr ermutigend, hoffnungsvoll und nebenbei auch hilfreich, Unbehagen und Ablehnung Moslems gegenüber zu überwinden.
Diana Thompson
It is amazing the way God is working in the Middle East. God is working powerfully there. He does not need US to bring people to Christ but he does need us to be faithful witnesses for those who have seen these visions and do not understand them. It was very encouraging to me to read about how God is saving Muslims! Who would have thought it was possible.
Sharon
Amazing,incredible,encouraging,these are just a few of the things I would say of this book.
Dacia Bumpus
So good, it was hard to put down!
Brandy
This was the most encouraging book I have ever read!! I read this book in 2 days! I have personally been to the Middle East and have known about people who have had dreams about Jesus. I did not realized that hundreds of thousands are having dreams/visions and who have turn to follow Him! Alot has happened since I was there. I highly recommend this book!
MariAn Nyce
I heard him interviewed on TV and was greatly impressed with his faith witness. The book is both full of stories and also some facts regarding the Muslim life of faith in Allah. Jesus is making himself known in visions and dreams and then most often directs them to a believer who can share the salvation story - give them a Bible.
Dave TN
What an awesome book. I had no idea that this was going on to the extent that it appears to be. Reading the various stories in the book was incredibly inspiring.

Check out the book description and if it interests you at all, don't hesitate to read this fascinating book.
Ronald L Kirkland
If I were to give the message a rating it would be SEVEN stars. As literature it is easy reading and heartwarming and saddening at the same time. Progressing past the beginning chapters, it gets more engaging at every turn of the page.
Don
A surprisingly good book of sometimes disturbing but always hopeful true stories.
Daniel Fazzina
This book is amazing! I found it informative, thought provoking and heart warming. The testimonies contained within are exciting and incredible. Very well written and engaging book!
Tom Doyle pastored for 20 years in CO, TX & NM before launching into missions in the volatile Middle East. Tom and his wife JoAnn of 28 years have an overflowing heart for the nation of Israel. As a pastor, Tom began leading tours there in 1995 and eventually he became a tour guide for the State of Israel. He speaks frequently at churches and para-church ministries about Israel, the Middle Eas...more
More about Tom Doyle...
Man on the Run: Paul McCartney in the 1970s Glamour Chase Two Nations Under God: Why Should America Care about Israel and the Middle East? Breakthrough: The Return of Hope to the Middle East Two Nations Under God: Good News From the Middle East