Start by marking “Flashover (Georgia Skeehan, #2)” as Want to Read:
Flashover (Georgia Skeehan, #2)

Flashover (Georgia Skeehan #2)

The fiery deaths of two doctors turn up the heat for New York fire marshal Georgia Skeehan. And when evidence surfaces indicating there is an arsonist-and a murderer-within the FDNY, Georgia faces blasts of betrayal from every direction.
Published February 25th 2003 by Jove (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Flashover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flashover

Gabrielle
Apr 06, 2014 Gabrielle rated it really liked it
This book is about two doctors that are killed in a fire. The fire shows signs of a "Flashover" which is a term used when the combustion of a room and everything in it go up in flames at one time. While investigating Marshal Georgia Skeehan finds out that both of the doctors/victims made a habit of no letting disabled firefighters have compensation. That when Georgia realizes she might be dealing with an arsonist and a murderer. Georgia must find the man or woman that did this horrible crime bef ...more
Cynthia  Scott
Aug 12, 2015 Cynthia Scott rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed every minute of this book. It read very much like a Michael Crichton thriller/mystery, full of science and interesting facts, as well as the very human stories of the people involved. In this case, the book is about the nature of structural fires, forensic fire research, history of two generations of firefighters in New York.

Great read, but hard to put down!
Connie
May 27, 2011 Connie rated it really liked it
I had a hard time getting into this book, but once that I did, it was good. This is #2 in Georgia Skeehan series. I have now read the first two and there is one more, so when I find the last one I will probably read it too. I thought at first it was a bit hard to follow. I was a little surprised by who the bad buy was, but it did make sense at the end.

Barbara Kugler
Mar 11, 2015 Barbara Kugler rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. The characters were well developed, there was engaging mystery and suspense. I have read a lot of police procedural and mystery books and the fact that this was about fire marshals was intriguing.

Carole Anderson
Oct 28, 2015 Carole Anderson rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Diana Donnelly
Wow - I love this author. This was an amazing, fascinating, fulling engaging book! So well written, highlighting the sacrifices firefighters make while telling a story that is both horrific and spell binding! Fantastic!
Vicki
Tense and exciting, with wonderful characters. I'm surprised that this series featuring FDNY Fire Marshal Georgia Skeehan isn't better known.
Bret Kinghorn
Sep 14, 2015 Bret Kinghorn rated it really liked it
This second book of the series was just as good as the first.
Ed
Aug 16, 2012 Ed rated it liked it
Shelves: law-enforcement, nyc
#2 in the Georgia Skehan, NYFD Marshal series.

Georgia Skeehan and partner Randy Carter investigate a fire that took the life of a doctor with a history of denying pensions to disabled firefighters. Georgia's best friend, NYPD detective Connie Ruiz, confirms there is a bomb threat and that whoever is behind it knew the retired doctor. They are too late to save a second M.D. from a similar fate. Connie mysteriously disappears and Georgia's lover,Mac, is found in a blood-splattered apartment, with
Ruth
Jan 27, 2009 Ruth rated it liked it
Shelves: mysteries
Kyra
Dec 13, 2009 Kyra rated it liked it
More 'airport' reading. This is pretty darn good too, except the final plot twist was really unnecessary and pretty dumb. Good characterization, well written, interesting factual material presented in a non-boring way. Definitely interesting enough that I will look out her other books.
Scott Miller
Apr 28, 2015 Scott Miller rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chazin came up with an even better story in the second Skeehan novel. More twists and a villain I caught on to just a little too quickly....but all in all a great read. There is only one book left so I hope that Ms. Chazin is working on the fourth book in the series.
Tania
Sep 07, 2013 Tania rated it liked it
Shelves: bookcrossing
This copy is an ex library one... But not the library that I work in. It comes from down the road in Wellington.
dina
dina rated it it was ok
Jul 18, 2008
Susan Davis
Susan Davis rated it did not like it
Jan 24, 2016
Lashana
Lashana rated it liked it
Oct 29, 2015
Danie
Danie rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2008
Akommers
Akommers rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2011
Adrienne
Adrienne rated it really liked it
Oct 15, 2008
Pamela
Pamela rated it liked it
Nov 23, 2013
C.  (Christy)
C. (Christy) rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2016
Marla Yewcic grove
Marla Yewcic grove rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2016
Barbara James-Richardson
Barbara James-Richardson rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2014
Dail Kyle
Dail Kyle rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2014
Gc
Gc rated it liked it
Apr 04, 2014
Calvin Berger
Calvin Berger rated it really liked it
Nov 23, 2016
Connie Smith
Connie Smith rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2015
Muriel Asch
Muriel Asch rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2016
Teresa in Ohio
Teresa in Ohio rated it really liked it
May 08, 2009
Diana
Diana rated it it was ok
Jan 16, 2012
Pwadez
Pwadez rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Murder on a Summer's Day (Kate Shackleton, #5)
  • Baby Doll Games (Sigrid Harald, #5)
  • Tag Man (Joe Gunther #22)
  • Ghost Medicine (Ella Clah, #17)
  • Death Makes the Cut (Jocelyn Shore #2)
  • The First Mistake (Cleo North #1)
  • Death Stalks Door County (Dave Cubiak, #1)
  • The Haunted Season (Max Tudor #5)
  • The Shadow Dancer (Wind River Reservation, #8)
  • The Good Suicides (Inspector Salgado #2)
  • Dead Frenzy (A Loon Lake Mystery, #4)
  • Winter And Night (Lydia Chin & Bill Smith, #8)
  • The Price of Innocence (Theresa MacLean #6)
  • Near Enemy (Spademan, #2)
  • Wouldn't It Be Deadly (Eliza Doolittle & Henry Higgins Mystery, #1)
  • Carpe Diem, Illinois (Leo Townsend, #1)
  • A Little Night Murder (Blackbird Sisters Mystery, #10)
  • Fatal Pursuit (Bruno, Chief of Police, #9)
Suzanne Chazin is the author of two mystery/thriller series. Her “Jimmy Vega” series, about an upstate New York cop navigating the world of the undocumented, “hits the heart, not just the pulse,” raves Lee Child. The books are based on Chazin’s outreach work with the undocumented. Publishers Weekly called Land of Careful Shadows (book #1), “timely and engrossing,” and Jimmy Vega, “engaging, psych ...more
More about Suzanne Chazin...

Georgia Skeehan (3 books)
  • The Fourth Angel (Georgia Skeehan, #1)
  • Fireplay (Georgia Skeehan, #3)