Start by marking “The Ultimate Betrayal (Wedlocked!)” as Want to Read:
The Ultimate Betrayal (Wedlocked!)

The Ultimate Betrayal (Wedlocked!)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  1,055 ratings  ·  70 reviews
A marriage in crisis...

"I never meant to do it...she was just there when I needed someone..."

Rachel and Daniel had three adorable children and a strong marriage-or so Rachel had always believed.

But her happy life was shattered when she was told that Daniel had been having an affair. Then she realized that they'd been growing apart for years.

Rachel wanted so much to save
Harlequin Presents, #1799
Published by Harlequin Books (first published 1995)

KarenH
Jun 13, 2010 KarenH rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: not Dina for sure!
I've read many books where the hero has cheated in the past and the story begins several years later (present day), but this is the first book where the affair is "fresh" so to speak. Daniel & Rachel have been married for 7 years and have 3 small children. While Rachel is home totally content with her role as loving wife and mother, Daniel, a corporate whiz kid, is rapidly rising to the top of the food chain. However, buying and selling businesses is a nerve-wracking, cut-throat profession. ...more
Dinjolina
I have no idea what I think about this book. :/

I was very relived that the hero(view spoiler) but all the things he did do with her- really bugged me! I mean, all of his actions...it was the worst emotional cheating ever! And when I stopped to think about his decisions as a whole? I wanted to puke all over him.
Seeing as how he had the perfect wife at home and loved her to bits I had no idea how he could even need emotional balance from somebody
Tishke
Tina
Rachel and Daniel have been married for 7 years and have 3 wonderful children when Rachel's 'Best Friend' tells her that Daniel has been sleeping around with another woman.

When confronted, Daniel doesn't deny it and Rachel is devastated. Daniel insists that it is over and wants to make the marriage work. Rachel feels very vulnerable and unattractive and feels almost as if she has been kept in a prison for seven years.

Rachel tries to move out the previous suffocation confines of her marriage, whi
Jess the Romanceaholic
Holy cannoli was this a good book!

It's a bit dated (obviously set in the 90's as the fashions will attest lol), but other than that, wow.

I don't normally intentionally read books involving infidelity, but I'm so glad I picked this one up.

It's very realistic -- all the bitterness and anger and hurt and resentment are illustrated beautifully -- from Rachel being angry with herself for letting them grow apart to her inability to climax during sex because whenever she gets close, she remembers/thin
Marajean
The book takes a more realistic view of the problems that come about when one spouse cheats. Rachel finds out her husband of seven years and the father of her three children has been having an affair. She's devastated and realizes that while he's been moving forward this whole time, she's been the wife/mother and hasn't changed at all.

She doesn't know where she's going, if she's leaving him or anything about her life. The problems they faced were presented realistically including the trouble wi
sbf20112011
I've put off reading this forever (though I've read almost all of Michelle Reid's other books) because I knew based on the synopsis it would be a total angst-fest and I was never quite in the mood for it. Total angst-fest is pretty much how I'd describe it after reading it too. Not my favorite of hers because the emotional upswing of the ending just didn't make up for the emotional downer-ness of the majority of it. It might be a more realistic portrayal, but honestly I don't want massive amount ...more
LuvGirl
Dalimar
Una de esas novelas que si la juzgo dentro del género sin dudas en una de las mejores que he leído. No dormí hasta terminarla.Lo mas que me gustó fue el hecho de que aunque Rachel se hubiera casado con sólo 17 años y durante la novela tuviera 24,no era tan tonta. Por lo general,en este tipo de novelas rosas,la protagonista es una sumisa y encima medio tontas a mas no poder.

Toda la trama con la infidelidad de Daniel,fue muy bien llevada y aunque en lo personal,yo lo hubiera castrado o mandado bie
KatieV
Michelle Reid is one of my favorite HP authors. She knows how to bring some genuine emotion even when working with very common tropes, but this story was different in that it was less tropey and more realistic in scope. There was no private island, no amnesia, no blackmail, etc.

This story isn't my usual taste. I waffled on reading it and tbqh it won't be a re-read for me simply because it's not my cuppa and not a "fun" sort of angst. But, I have to give credit to Reid for her ability to bring th
Hanife

Bu yorum aynı zamanda Romancekolikte yayınlanmıştır.

Rating; 4.5/5

"Barışmaları daha değişik olabilirdi puan oradan kıstım." demişim bitirdiğimde. Aradan uzun bir zaman geçtikten sonra uzun bir yorum yazma şansı yakalayabildim. İçim sızlaya sızlaya okuduğum nadir kitaplar arasındandır. Konusu ise çok hassas. Aldatmak! Hele başlangıçta kitabın içinden öyle bir alıntı var ki içim orada başladı sızlamaya.

"Kesinlikle yapmak istememiştim. Sadece birine ihtiyacım olduğunda oradaydı..."

18 yaşında tazec
Jemma Gutierrez
Infidelity never works for me and i mean that in an id-rather-suffer-than-forgive condemning kind of way; wheter it be thought or deed. So i was a bit biased in rating this- Most of the time when this kind of things happens; i always feel like the hero never grovels enough.

I guess there is that ugly me inside that is really good at holding grudge.

The entire book is like a documentary on the relationship between a man and woman concerning infedelity. Documentary because it was realistic. THe wh
Roksana
I had a hard time rating this book/ from one hand the reader is emotionally and mentally shattered and at the same time demands the reader to face those emotions and suck you right there in the battle like you have witnessed it on your own skin which for that deserves 4 stars, hence on the other hand it wants you to hate the book and all that you have been forced to read to leave you with a bad taste and unfulfilled satisfaction.

I think the heroin was really strong by keeping the hero in the dar
Dwayne
Reviewed @ Girls Without a Bookshelf.

Ah, a book about infidelity. Normally I'd rather suffer through watching Big Brother than read it, because the former at least would make me feel better about my mental faculties and the latter I'm sure from experience would only upset me so. But I have always shunned these books and really, it was time to give one a chance.

Glad I did. Sure, the topic is painful, sensitive and emotional, but ultimately what carries the book for me I have realised is not the r
Steamywindows♥♫
Well, this book certainly took me by storm. I couldn't put it down. Wow. I don't know how to describe how this author conveyed such an emotionally complex, angsty ( i know that's not a word - but i think it should be) and yet romantic tale about a married-with-three-kids couple who experience what many (most?) couples do; busy lives, too many stresses and too little time...and all of a sudden, opportunity presents and the unthinkable, unforgivable happens.

Is this story a pleasant, Sunday aftern
Leona
WOW! What a wonderful read from Michelle Reid. She is an incredible author that pulls you in right from the first page. I was hesitant to pick it up due to the content, but it came highly recommended by the ladies who chat on the HQN discussion group. They did not disappoint! This a story of betrayal, how it destroys the most sacred bonds of commitment and how difficult it really is to ever trust again. There for awhile, I actually thought these two were never going to make it back to each other ...more
Alisa
Sep 23, 2014 Alisa rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Alisa by: Geri
Wow. Tear fest. It was so heartbreaking what she had to go through. And so embarrassing!

I've been meaning to read this book since Feb. but I'm such a new release whore. When I got to one point in the book where the hero mentioned that he could have easily gotten a divorce because people do it all the time; it's the nineteen-nineties. I did a double take. A triple read. Lol. I was like er, what? Nineteen-nineties = 1990's... ohhhh, yeah, this is an old publication.

But anyways, the book is just tr
Jenny
I have no idea why ppl are saying this book is about a cheating hero. He clearly states he never touched the other woman. Heroine on the other hand kissed the other man and to me kissing is also cheating so it is the heroine who is the cheater here not the hero. Still this couple is messed up. Couldn't warm up to them.
Vanessa
I felt that this was a little more believable than some of The List books. She did act like a woman cheated on at some points and I liked that. I felt he was truly sorry for what all he did and at the same time it seemed a bit realistic as well. He didn't ever think things would lead down the road he had taken with each decision he had made. Isn't that always true? The so called friend - I really think Rachel should have had some idea about her so called BFF and if not perhaps hubby should have ...more
Geri
I read this book and it was so emotional. I went through an entire box of kleenex.

(view spoiler)
HÜLYA
Çok dokunaklı çok etkilendim..Küçük yaşta sevdiği adamla istenmeyen gebeliği yzünden evlenmek zorunda kalan Rachel ...
Öte yandan da sevdiği kızın yaşı küçük olduğu hayatına kariyerine devam edebilmesi onu terk etmeyi göze alan ama istenmeyen hamilelik yüzünden onunla evlenen bir erkek..
Yedi yıllık bir evlilik büyük bir kısmı mutluluk içinde geçerken aniden patlak veren bir kriz..Nerede ise evliliğe mal olacak kadar kuvvetli...
Çok severek okudum..Aldatılan bir kadının nasıl gururunun kırılabilece
Winona
This book was quite a surprise, I thought I would've hated it since the theme of the book was about infidelity. But I actually liked it, mainly because the book showed the hardships that this couple went through in their marriage and how cheating can severely damage a relationship. The heroine wasn't stupid. After she found out that Daniel had cheated on her, she didn't quickly come running back to him after he apologized. Instead, she became emotionally guarded all throughout the book. It gave ...more
CrazyPenguinLady
I actually think this was a very well-written book, but the heroine was just too foreign for me to be able to relate to her. I couldn't fathom someone actually leading her lifestyle, even in the 90s. (view spoiler) ...more
Tina
This was a horrible book that kept me glued to it for hours, so simply for this reason, I'm giving it 3.5 stars.

Did I believe that the couple in this romance novel truly loved each other? No.

This book left a bad taste in my mouth because I felt that when he cheated again ( and I def felt that he would again eventually), she would simply live with it because she was spineless.. What a romantic story...(less)
Michelle Onuorah
This book had so much potential but hardly any execution. When a man cheats on his wife and truly loves her, he accepts that she will be hurt and lash out. The hero, Daniel, was an absolute heel and the epitome of the 1980s - 1990s guppy materialistic mentality that ended up driving this economy into the ground. He claimed to have remorse for his actions but rarely showed it.

He said all the wrong things, alternately regretting his affair and then blaming the heroine for it. Sometimes asking her
Sakura
*Sighs*

I love this book.

I love the main characters despite the fact that they both have their flaws. Only complaint is the sudden change in attitude at the end, an epilogue would have helped.

Bottom Line: Recommended if you like cheating type books with lots of grovelling.
Cady Lorenzana
"You were the rose-garden in the middle of the vile jungle I fought in. You were the only constant thing in my life. I would come home to you and see the sweetest seventeen-year-old I first fell in love with, and I knew I would fight the very devil himself to keep you that way."

- Daniel.

I don't really remember when did I stayed late just because of a book. But this one... is so worth it.

I love how both characters have survived the marriage! And I do really admire Daniel... salute him for not giv
Tatyana
First off, I love this book. Before this book, I didn't know what a wonderful writer Michelle Reid is. After this book, I hunted down her backlist and consumed every book she has ever written within a month period.
This book has a realistic (is that even a vocab that should be used in the world of Harlequin Present?) feel to it as we learn the struggle Rachel had to go through. I really wish Harlequin would produce more books like this...
In the end, I wish I was Rachel, have a husband like Danie
Feronica
3.5 stars. this book is good enough. but still, I'm dissapointed with daniel. he should see from another perspective. I think most husbands should see from their wives perspective. eventhough the wives didn't want to disappoint their husbands, they still have their kids to take care of. I think the wife usually always want the best for the husband even if she already have kids. the wife also have her own limit. she couldn't handle all by herself. I know the husband needs his wife's attention too ...more
Gisele
He leido muchos de Michelle Reid, pero este, sin duda, es mi favorito!
  • Marriage Meltdown
  • Shattered Trust
  • The Fourth Child
  • Runaway Wife
  • The Scorsolini Marriage Bargain (Royal Brides, #5; Scorsolini Princes, #3)
  • Some Enchanted Season (Bethlehem, #2)
  • Tempestuous Reunion
  • What Mattered Most
  • The Spaniard's Marriage Bargain (The Marriage Bargain, #1)
  • Comparative Strangers
  • The Final Price
  • The Coming Home Place
  • Except My Love
  • The Failed Marriage
  • The S Before Ex
Hi, my name is Michelle Reid and I’ve been writing for Harlequin Mills & Boon for the last twenty years, and the crazy part about it is that I only realised it had been twenty years while updating this page!

So, hang on for a minute while I take this huge milestone in....

Twenty years with almost forty books published or in the pipeline ... I know it isn’t a great average when compared with some
More about Michelle Reid...
Gold Ring of Betrayal The Price of a Bride Mia and the Powerful Greek (The Balfour Brides, #1) Marchese's Forgotten Bride Marriage on the Rebound