Asterix bei den olympischen Spielen (Asterix, #12)

Asterix bei den olympischen Spielen (Asterix #12)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  3,978 ratings  ·  43 reviews
Asterix, Obelix, and their friends have entered the famous Olympic games in Athens. They’re determined to taste victory, but the Gauls face formidable competition from both Greeks and Romans. Will it be a Gold Medal for Asterix? Or will he suffer the agony of defeat?
Published March 15th 2008 by Ehapa Comic Collection (first published 1968)

Nathan "N.R." Gaddis
It started off brilliantly with
anno a.C.n.L: tota Gallia, quae, ut vides, est divisa in partes quinque, a Romanis occupata est... Totane? Minime! Vicus quidam a Gallis invictis habitatus invasoribus resistere adhuc non desinit. Neque vita facilis legionariis Romanis, quibus sunt castra bene munita Babaorum, Aquarium, Laudanum, Parvibonumque...
but then it just went downhill from there. There's some kind of anti-doping message slipped into it for the kiddies.
Diego Guzmán
Hay algo de este título que me desconcierta. No es la temática ni los eventos. Lo que me llama la atención son los dibujos y la presencia de de Ideafix o Idefix en el comic.

De partida, el perrito de Obelix aparece por primera vez en la vuelta a la Galia. Era un perro de Lutecia más bien peludo. Dicho título es el quinto de la serie. Es decir, el siguiente a "Los Juegos olímpicos".

Podríamos pensar que el perrito apareció en este libro y que, luego, buscaron un origen en el siguiente número. Per...more
David Sarkies
Finally the magic potion is of no use
27 August 2013

Well, this one picked up somewhat with a few more laugh out loud moments, as well as the typical on running joke (such as Obelix trying to get his share of the magic potion – he tries so much to get a taste and no matter what he does he always gets knocked back). One of the best jokes was when Obelix says to Fulliautomatix that Dogmatix is so much better because he can scratch his ear with his hind leg, and a few windows later we hear a cry 'so...more
LH Johnson
Oh I love Asterix. It's been a constant in my life and along with Twinkle and Bunty was one of the first comics I read. In a fit of topicality, I picked up Asterix At The Olympic Games. And, very simply, it's great. This would be a superb introduction to the Olympics for somebody just starting to explore comics and language (and it could be a very nice parent / child joint-read).

The Asterix books are full of puns and wordplay. They're stamped into nearly every frame and the vitality of these is...more
Ryan Ronan Binny
Asterix and the Olympic Games is a great and interesting comic book that should be read by people who don't read comics but adored to comic lovers.This type of genre is an action/adventure with that slightest touch of humour. This story starts in a time where the Romans have taken over most of a country called Gaul,but still standing is one Gaulish Village against them and determined to keep there village alive. They find out that the Romans are going to the Olympic Games,the only other people a...more
Mikko Saari
Classic Asterix. Asterix and Obelix participate in the Olympic games, much to the chagrin of the of the Romans. All the men in the village join in to support Asterix and Obelix, and much hilarity ensues. There are even doping issues... Funny story.
Linda Hall
AWESOME!!! There is nothing that comes close to Asterix - I have the whole series, both on e-books and hard-copy and they are some of most treasured possessions. I grew up with them and they are simply the best!
Oliver
The Gallic duo are off to Greece to compete in the Games and put the Romans to shame. One of the funniest of the Asterix books.
Saint No Stopping Us

Six out of ten. CBR format.

Asterix and Obelix (and friends) enter for the Olympic games in Athens.

Hasanuddin
Buku inilah awal mula aku berkenalan dengan Asterix Prajurit Galia. Keuletan dan keharmonisan sebuah kehidupan di desa yang kecil ditengah kepungan benteng-benteng Romawi. Di sesi Olimpiade, Asterix menampilkan bahwa kejujuran adalah segalanya. Mencapai suatu tujuan tidak mesti menghalalkan segala cara. Meski Asterix sering meminum jamu kuat, tapi dalam lomba atletik dirinya memilih tidak menggunakan. Berbeda dengan sikap Romawi yang menanggung beban nama besar kerajaan adikuasa harus meraih kem...more
Jamie
Ever since I moved to Quebec in the early 90's everyone I meet seems to be obsessed with this old French comic book, Asterix. I never could understand why after watching a few cartoons, I found it very boring actually. I just read my first and last Asterix. It took me quite the effort to continue reading after just 4 pages, but at least I can now say that I have read an Asterix comic book, and I do indeed hate it.
Sophie Wender
Uderzo's character design is never than better than in this. Gaius Veriambitius and Gluteus Maximus are a perfect double act, the doping satire is still great, and everybody comes out of it well, even the nominal villains. You could have written this out verbatim as a screenplay and had a perfectly structured Asterix film, but instead they went and made Twelve Tasks, which is pale by comparison.
Jacques le fataliste et son maître
Inusuale trasferta all’estero della metà maschile del villaggio gallico. Storia semplice ma ricca di spunti umoristici non pretestuosi e ben inseriti nella trama (notevole la rivolta degli atleti greci che, dopo aver assistito agli eccessi alcolici e alimentari degli avversari romani, vogliono “decadere” anche loro e invocano cibarie pregiate).
Mathieu
Un épisode massacré par le cinéma... et qui mérite pourtant mieux.

Riche idée d'envoyer nos Gaulois à Olympie pour y participer aux jeux. Les auteurs en profitent pour traiter du dopage qui, déjà à l'époque, polluait le sport... Heureusement que tout cela a bien changé hein ? ^^
Yves
Jusqu'à présent, c'est un des Astérix que j'ai le moins aimé. Il est beaucoup moins comiques que les précédents. Même la scène avec les pirates ne m'a pas fait vraiment rire. Le scénario de cette BD est un peu trop prévisible à mon goût. Au moins, les dessins sont jolis.
Bruce
Asterix at the Olympic Games – was use of the magic potion at the original games the first instance of doping?
Arwen
Jan 26, 2010 Arwen rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: four-star
This was the first Asterix adventure that I read and it is still my favorite. Fun times, reading this comics while we lived in Germany. Many of the other Asterix books are good too but only read the ones written before Goscinny died.
Elynn
his series was originally written in French. My brother (who spent some time there) brought back the English translations when I was young and even though I didn't really understand all of the humor, I loved them.
Muhammad Rully Moenandir
bought it as a second hand book for 2,50 euros in spandau Berlin. just courious because, i have the original France Version comics and don't understand it, noe have to find the german language coz i know this language.
♥Moon ♥Love ♥Stars ♥Imagination
I've read this series of Asterix (and Obelisk) in the 90's at my Grandmother and Grandfather's place. I loved this series back there. Asterix and his friend Obelisk shared so many great adventures together!
Lusitarius
Though Asterix won by default, he showed his good heart by giving the golden palms to Gluteus Maximus, since the latter had needed it more than him. Good story!
Amalie
I earlier gave just 2 stars???? I was I thinking, I don't know what happened, I can't figure out why gave it only 2 stars before and I don't think I will either.
Kate
I loved the part in Asterix at the Olympic Games where he stuck his tongue at the other athletes, and they stuck their tongues out and they were blue!
Kathleen Dixon
This, sadly, was nothing compared to the original comic. But I was looking for an illustration and this was the only Asterix on the shelves in the library.
Marts  (Thinker)
...Asterix, Obelix and the other Gauls decide to enter the Olympic games but realise that they've got alot of competition from the Greeks and Romans...
Chris
I always knew there was doping in the Olympics all the way back to the olden days.

Another fine entry in the series.
Anna
Gallic team at the Olympics shows its great form beating Romans and Greeks. Great and funny.
Jim
Gaul, as territory of the Roman Empire, happens to qualify for the Olympic Games.
The Frahorus
Perchè i Galli non devono partecipare alle celebrei olimpiadi di Atene?
  • Asterix and the Black Gold (Asterix, #26)
  • Explorers on the Moon (Tintin, #17)
  • Ghost Town (Lucky Luke, #25)
René Goscinny was a French author, editor and humorist, who is best known for the comic book Astérix, which he created with illustrator Albert Uderzo, and for his work on the comic series Lucky Luke with Morris (considered the series' golden age).

Series:
* Asterix
More about René Goscinny...
Le petit Nicolas Asterix the Gaul (Asterix, #1) Asterix and Cleopatra (Asterix, #6) Asterix in Britain (Asterix, #8) Asterix and the Golden Sickle (Asterix, #2)