Start by marking “Keith Richards: Satisfaction” as Want to Read:
Keith Richards: Satisfaction

Keith Richards: Satisfaction

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  333 ratings  ·  26 reviews
When he first came before a judge in the 1960s, Keith Richards heard himself described as "a moron" and read newspaper headlines announcing UGLY LOOKS! UGLY SPEECH! UGLY MANNERS! Yet Richards's strangely flamboyant personality, filled with eccentricities and contradictions, suggested a more complex character than the "elegantly wasted" junkie who wrote and played the Rolli ...more
Published March 9th 2004 by Da Capo Press (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Keith Richards, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Keith Richards

Trainspotting by Irvine WelshRequiem for a Dream by Hubert Selby Jr.Junky by William S. BurroughsScar Tissue by Anthony KiedisTweak by Nic Sheff
Addicts
89th out of 161 books — 346 voters

More lists with this book...

Lisa
Well, as a person who is a huge Keith fan, I really liked this. Some new info that I hadn't heard. Of course, I take it all with a grain of salt, because it was not an authorized bio, but he did talk to people who were part of Keith's life (Anita, although does she remember anything, who knows?).

Anyway, the overall picture of Keith is the one that I like to imagine him as -- just a really charismatic person, who doesn't think of himself as a star, just wants to play music to be happy.

If you've
Eric
Great read and very funny in spots. Only criticism is that the updates since initial publication were sort of cheerleader-ish, repetetive and stupid. But everything else was pretty damn solid. Good bio.
Felicia Holtz
I "borrowed" this book off the display shelves at R&B when I worked there. It has taken me this long to crack the cover. Thank God I did. What a read. During the '75 US tour Keith was lucky to get a visa to come into the country because he was in the thick of his heroin addiction. He was pulled aside by FBI agents and thought they were just going to arrest him. Instead, they had an interesting proposition. In order to prevent any unwanted, negative publicity to tour sponsors they offered to ...more
J
It’s been a long time since I read a Stones bio so, when I saw Bockris’ Keith Richards bio at my local library, I thought I’d give it a whirl. It was a fairly rewarding read. Richards is an interesting cat and, being a pretty big fan of his guitar playing and songwriting, I found myself eagerly burning through his life story. Bockris knows his subject and writes about it well. In fact, my only complaint about this book is that there isn’t enough about Richards’ guitar playing. I mean, it’s discu ...more
Janitag
If you want to make rock and roll your career, you have to have a certain equilibrium between your personality and your ego and your physical makeup - the three things you have no control over. Then you have to have a certain balance to be able to deal with anything that's thrown at you. And anything you throw yourself into, you better get yourself out of.

This man, right, one of my favourite people in the whole world. So of course when I had the opportunity to pick up yet another book about him,
Kyra
Lots of interesting facts and stories told in this book. I understand that Keith Richards did/does a lot of drugs but I wasn't impressed with how Brockis spent about 200 pages discussing it; I felt there were more important things to reveal.
Gary Geiger
Another rock bio that I read years ago and recall more for the drugs than the music.
Davehbo
Fantastic book. Did he really write it? Did he remember these things? If so, this is a gold mine. Richards was fooling us all along. He's way smarter and more self aware than anyone thought.
Jane
How is this man still alive? He has more lives than an old lady's house full of cats. Thank God he is though, because he's one of the best in the business! I love Keef!!!!
Jason Evans
Nov 13, 2007 Jason Evans rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Stones fans
Shelves: biography
A very well written biography about rock'n'roll's ultimate outlaw. Probably best for Stones fans only. Interesting stories beyond the drug use and the music.
Guy Cranswick
Better than the average rock bio. The subject is sympathetic and his use of various opiates renders the run o' the mill hangover as not worth talking about.
Andrew Thompson
The human riff laid bare, after a fashion. I remember this as being a decent biography, with Bockris actually having access to His Satanic Majesty.
Alison
Clearly, we should all eat more shepard's pie, since apparently that's Keith's secret. Well, that and old blues guitar music.
Kris
I give it a 3 for sloppy writing and some repeated anecdotes, but a 5 for the anecdotes themselves... so, 4.
Deb Berg
Keith Richards has led a wild and rockstar life. However his book is not very captavating.
Tim
LURID as it should be. Actually, it probably could be lurider.

what an asshole.
Althea
It's a wonder that this man is still alive and functioning. Good account of his life.
Josi Rebar
Great read! Interesting to read about the "black box" method on heroin addiction.
Leigh Roberts
As for Keith's autobiography - loved it but as I'm a big stones fan, totally biased.
epistemology
super. i love the stones. keith as a kid sounds like what he looks like now.
Roving Gambler
Really just slapped together. Wish I would have reread Old Gods, Almost Dead.
Saint Amy
Everything you'd want to know bout Keif Baby.
Jordan Grothe
the man has stories. plain and simple
Craig
It's Keith mate. It's excellent.
Piernasasongko
what a beautiful creature..:)
Ian
Recommended
Beth Stevens
Beth Stevens marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
  • Moon: The Life and Death of a Rock Legend
  • Wonderland Avenue: Tales of Glamour and Excess
  • Exile on Main St.
  • Confusion Is Next: The Sonic Youth Story
  • Testament of Friendship (Virago classic non-fiction)
  • Commando: The Autobiography of Johnny Ramone
  • Jimi Hendrix: Electric Gypsy
  • U2 at the End of the World
  • Memories, Dreams and Reflections
  • Hickory Wind: The Life and Times of Gram Parsons
  • Babylon's Burning: From Punk to Grunge
Christopher Sandford has published acclaimed biographies of Kurt Cobain, Steve McQueen, Mick Jagger, David Bowie, Keith Richards, Paul McCartney, and Roman Polanski. He has worked as a film and music writer and reviewer for over 20 years and frequently contributes to newspapers and magazines on both sides of the Atlantic. Rolling Stone has called him "the preeminent author in his field today."

His
More about Christopher Sandford...
Kurt Cobain Bowie: Loving The Alien Imran Khan Masters of Mystery: The Strange Friendship of Arthur Conan Doyle and Harry Houdini Polanski