Syskonkärlek

Syskonkärlek

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  662 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Amanda älskar sin bror Ludvig och med tiden upptäcker hon att han känner detsamma för henne. De dras till varandra allt mer och till slut kan de inte stå emot längre utan inleder ett förhållande. En bok om kärlek och lust, men också en fråga om vad som är rätt och fel. Vem bestämmer över andras lycka?

Boken kom ut för första gången 1991 och har översatts till tyska, danska,...more
295 pages
Published September 1991 by Rabén & Sjögren (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Syskonkärlek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Syskonkärlek

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. RowlingMemoirs of a Geisha by Arthur GoldenThe Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
Best Books of the Decade: 1990's
493rd out of 1,416 books — 1,682 voters
Cirkeln by Mats StrandbergAllt jag säger är sant by Lisa BjärboExpert på att rodna by Katarina von BredowHär ligger jag och blöder by Jenny JägerfeldKurt Cobain finns inte mer by Hanna Jedvik
Swedish youth novels
7th out of 44 books — 18 voters

More lists with this book...

Morticia Addams
I really recommend it to everyone. Especially if you like crying. A lot of people think it's really horrible to read something like this because of the incest. They are really missing out, cause it's a really good book. I don't think it's about incest, but about two people falling in love with each other while they know they could never be together.
Lina
I rarelly ever read teenage romance, I never liked them, but when I saw this in the library, I had to read it. It was amazing, and I cried throughout the last four chapters, not wanting it to end. It is a touching story about two siblings who care deeply for each other, and somehow can't understand why they can't be togheter. Of course, things get complicated all the time. There is so much love in this book, and everyone should read it at least once.
Julia
I read this book in German ages ago for the first time. It has been a favorite ever since.

It's a story about two siblings - Ludvig and Amanda - who are coming of age and are in love with each other. It tells the story from Amanda's point of view and despite the fact that it is about incest, it actually tells the story about a very deep, strong love that these two feel for each other. It doesn't depict incest in a sick way, or point fingers or focus on the 'dirty'/'tabu' aspect of it. It talks ab...more
Ellen
I do not like it. The subject just feels wrong and it does not meet my expectations at Katarinas's books are some of the best juvenile novels which in principle is all about love. The language was bad and boring, the characters were bland and wrong, everything was wrong. If I had not been told that Katarina had written it I would have never guessed at it, and I had never read it unless it had been one of her works. This review need not be longer, a bad book simply.
Arlette Sjerp
An intruiging story about a brother and sister who fall in love with each other, and the terrible consequences of their romance. Heartfelt and sad, this book makes you take the viewpoint of the lovers and not of society, thus also giving you something to think about. My biggest criticism concerns the translation: I really don't believe teenagers say things like "akkoord" to each other, not even in the eighties.
Christina
The BEST of Katarina's books! No doubt.
Some people can find this book some how disgusting or something liek that. But I can't understand how!?
You don't see them like siblings, you only see the love and when you let yourself get caught up in the book. YOu'll fall flat on your face! LOVE
Nicole
I read the book in swedish so I will also write the review in swedish, use "Google Translate! (HERE), if you dont understand.

Somsagt, läste boken på svenska och skriver också min recension på svenska. Läste den här boken i yngre dar och var nu tvungen att köpa e-boken och läsa den igen. Tyvärr är den inte alltför tjock (ca 220 sidor) så det gick relativt snabbt att läsa igenom den.

Ludvig och Amanda har verkligen en annorlunda och djup relation till varandra än vad som ses som acceptabelt av samh...more
Canni
I read this book in Danish ages ago and it remains one of the most memorable books I have ever read. It's different, angsty, romantic and hardcore. I'm all about the drama and impossible/forbidden love stories, so this was just up my alley!
I like how the story isn't slow paced and it begins right away, which is something I really appreciate in a book. I remember thinking "oh, I want it to be longer" before having opened it, but it helps immensely that it doesn't need two or three chapters in or...more
Tessa
Warning: May contain some spoilers (I hate not being able to write freely with thinking about spoilers.)

Aaa. I almost cried (almost!) reading this book. The love of Amanda and Ludvig felt so real, and I caught myself wishing they weren't siblings. They loved each other so much, but their love was forbidden (not Twilight-like, but forbidden-forbidden).

I understood the decision of their mother, who decided to separate them from each other. It was the only thinkable way to make an end to their rela...more
Dmitriy
First of all, I read the dutch translation so there may be some diffrences with the original. This book actualy made me want to read more books, believe it or not I even searched for this site :D
I actually don't know al lot to say about this book other than I enjoyed reading it, I liked how the book started, they jump right into the story and don't hang around for tens of pages before starting the plot.
I liked how you got to read about their past and what has happend so far.
So character devlopme...more
Malin
More like 2.5 stars maybe? Ugh, I don't really know what to say other than this book didn't really do anything for me. The characters felt pretty flat, the overall story was mostly predictable and the writing was nothing special. And for a book so full of emotions it left me feeling very indifferent. It's not a bad book, but it's not, in my opinion, an great one either.
Caroline
Definitely an interesting read, that I still remember now, years after having read it. But unfortunately it isn't more than that. The storyline and execution of the book left something to be desired. The premise of the book is excellent, different and intriguing, however the book itself did not live up to my expectations.
3 stars
Alice
Not my kind of book... at all.
When I read it as a 11 year old I got kind of grossed out. Having a brother myself did not help either. Guess it is a more suitable book for older people, not 11 years old girls.
Rosanna Eliassen
Absolutely an interesting book, I have never read anything like it before. I wont say its a must-read, but its an okay book to have read.
Kortfattat så var det här inte riktigt min kopp te. Väldigt tråkig språkmässigt, inte mycket handling och förutsägbar.

Intressant och kontroversiellt tema, vilket (givetvis) var det som drog mig till den, men tyvärr stannar det där. Boken var lättläst, och gick snabbt att plöja igenom, men den fängslade mig inte. Kände mig mest irriterad över huvudkaraktärens repetiva tankar och det färglösa språket.

Dock kom det möjligtvis en liten tår i slutet, förutsägbarhet till trots, men det är bara för att...more
Fia Filur
Intressant och tidlös, men passade inte mig. Inte bara på grund av incesten utan framför allt på all otrohet som förekom hela tiden!
Frida
Jag vet inte vullen gång i ordningen det var jag läste denna bok för, men det var i alla fall första gången på säkert 4 år, och jag måste söka att jag vart positivt överraskad. Jag trodde den skulle vara lite halvers nu när jag har vuxit upp lite, men jag njöt nästan lika mycket av den som första gångerna jag läste den. perfekta ligga-i-solen-och-chilla-boken!
Samantha
Ik en mijn broer - Katarina von Bredow Amanda en haar broer zijn altijd vrij close geweest, maar als Amanda in de puberteit komt, merkt ze dat de gevoelens voor haar broer onstuimiger zijn dan normaal is - en dan wat toegestaan is.

Ik heb dit boek jaren geleden gelezen, maar toch staat dit me nog zo goed bij! Wat een taboe en wat maakte dit boek toen indruk op mij!
core
Es war mal was anderes, auch wenn ich sehr gespalten über die Thematik war.
Wo hat wahre Liebe ihre Grenzen?
Die Autorin hat ein "Tabuthema" aufgegriffen und es aus Sicht der Betroffenen unglaublich gut geschildert. Ich konnte mich gut in die Charaktere hineinversetzen und hab ihre Zerrissenheit nachempfinden können.
Afanaisa
This book has been one of the most touching books I've read so far. The affair between Amanda and Ludwig is simply so different from anything we people read now. I recommend it to everyone.
Merkurius
Tycker inte att incest är så himla trevligt att läsa om, dessutom var boken mest seg och kändes ej så verklighetstroget. Katarina von Bredow har skrivit mycket bättre böcker än denna!
Aphrael
My friend gave me this book, it's her favourite one. Well it was a fast read and ok. I didn't feel anything for Amanda or Ludvig. I liked Eva and David, so two stars for them ;).
Julie
Hmm, it was kinda boring. It was kinda poorly written. Most of the characters were kinda annoying. It didn't feel all that real. But it was okay. :P
Linda
This is not really a review, just wanted to say: This is a very sad book and you will remember it...
Jenni
A really sad story that involves incest (between a brother and his sister).
Vcp

If I had one word to describe this book, it would be: intense.
  • I taket lyser stjärnorna
  • The Lily Pond
  • Döden (Torka aldrig tårar utan handskar, #3)
  • Kat (Darkest Powers, #0.3)
  • ...och de vita skuggorna i skogen (Skuggserien, #2)
  • Unto a Good Land (The Emigrants, #2)
  • Sandor slash Ida
  • In the Deep End (Art & Coll, # 2)
  • When Findus was Little and Disappeared (Pettsson and Findus)
  • Jackie's Wild Seattle
  • Flambards in Summer (Flambards, #3)
  • De Stomme van Kampen
  • Tegenspel
  • Star-Crossed
  • Idas Dans
  • Heart's Delight
Hur kär får man bli? Expert på att rodna Som jag vill vara Räcker det om jag älskar dig? Bara inte du

“Es ist ein Unterschied, ob man sterben will oder ob man keine Lust zu leben hat. Wenn man sterben will, dann will man wenigstens etwas. Ich will nichts.” 2 likes